Devil's Playground - Game 3

And here we are for another step to redemption. Shame upon you, farispie and TsukiyoAlex, for you could not even solve my previous Gameboard. You had to have your comrade, Blackrune, solve it instead. Tsk. Hopefully you can have a better showing today.

This may be the last classical Gameboard we have.

The culprit for today… is me. I killed all of these people through whichever way struck my fancy.

Without further ado, the doors to the third Gameboard will now open.

Astrid had always said that nothing good ever happens when people gathered. It was fitting then, that when she invited a handful of acquaintances to her house, everybody was killed.

It was an uncharacteristic decision on her part, but the allure of having friends near her on her 50th birthday was too much. She invited Kalladin, Horace, Arya, Vin, Adolin, Dalinar, Sethon, and Shallan to her small island resort.

She should have known something was up when it started to storm and the power cut out. Despite being a deeply superstitious person at heart, she allowed to party to continue considering it was going so well. After all, what was the worst that could happen?

Everything was going to plan until they decided to take a little break and explore the Island. They decided to reconvene in an hour in the main building.

When the promised time came, they realized that they were missing 4 people. They quickly set out and tried to find where they were.

They first came across the garage. Taped to the door was a sign that read “One of you has fallen inside. To save Dalinar, you must get the key from the shed.”

As a group they rushed to the shed, but when they got there, the door was locked. Deciding that they had to get in, they busted down the door. What they found when they got inside shocked them.

Crumpled against the ground were the bodies of Kaladin, Sethon, and Horace.

After checking the bodies, they found the only master key in there with them. Thinking that this was the key the note referred to, they sealed the door and left the shed. They ran to the garage, but the lock would not budge. After trying and trying with the key, they gave up on using it. They broke the door down, and inside found his body. After they checked his corpse, they realized that they were missing a person, Vin. They stepped outside the garage and found Vin’s head laying on the ground, facing them with a silent scream.

They decided to grab their stuff and meet in the guest mansion, which had not been touched by anyone.

When they met up outside the guest house, they used the master key to enter. They broke up after getting inside. Astrid and Shallan spent most of their time on the first floor, while Adolin and Arya stayed near the basement.

Astrid and Shallan were concerned after not hearing anything from the others. They went down and found their bodies, with big stakes lodged in their heads, and the only keys to the basement in their hands.

Astrid lost it. She immediately turned on Shallan, and strangled her, thinking her to be the culprit behind the murders. Once Shallan died, Astrid found a poker from the fireplace and speared herself through the heart.

Alright, I was kinda tired when I made this, so it barely has any narrative in it, good for you guys I’d imagine.

Goal for this one is the same as the last. Solve the who and how for each murder, motive doesn’t matter.

Rules for this one… Let’s do it like this.

You can ask any number of Blue’s at a time, and ask for as many repetitions as you want. What I will do this time is a little different. I will be more stingy on repeating what you want. In addition, I can ask you to be more specific on any Blue. For example, if you say X killed Y by using Z, I may ask you to elaborate on your Z despite it being correct.

This game will be the hardest one to date, I hope.

Let’s get you started with a couple easy Red’s.

There are only 9 people in the story.
Only 1 master key exists.
No corpses exist outside of those belonging to the 9 people.

Courtesy of TsukiyoAlex who constructed most of this document, here are a list of Reds:

2 Likes

Just what I needed~.

One of the three discovered inside the shed locked the door from the inside. (before either dying, or merely faking death.)

I’ll give you that red.

One of the three discovered inside the shed locked the door from the inside.

But what does this prove?

I’ll start with a repetition request :

"There are 9 bodies on the island by the end of the story. To be exact, the definition of bodies does not include any fake bodies. Bodies either refer to actual dead human bodies or living human bodies "

It would be a fairly poor mystery if it was anything else.

There are 9 bodies on the island by the end of the story. To be exact, the definition of bodies does not include any fake bodies. Bodies either refer to actual dead human bodies or living human bodies.

Repeat this in red :

“All nine bodies in the story are distinct. That is, none of the 9 characters in the story share their body with someone else. To be exact a person wearing different clothing or having a different personality does not constitute having a different body.”.

Getting very specific already, I see.

All nine bodies in the story are distinct. That is, none of the 9 characters in the story share their body with someone else. To be exact a person wearing different clothing or having a different personality does not constitute having a different body.

Okay here is a preliminary theory :

One of the following three were the culprits : Kaladin, Sethon, or Horace (let us call these three the “Shed Group”). During the exploration of the island, one member of the Shed Group killed the other two, dragged their bodies into the shed, locked the shed from the inside, and played dead. After the rest broke down the door, the one playing dead left the shed while the rest were in shock. After they sealed the shed, the faker shadowed the group looking for Dalinar. While they were checking on Dalinar’s body, the culprit killed Vin and promptly made their escape. Afterwards, they simply killed Adolin and Arya, placed the basement key in their hands, and escaped. Lucky for the culprit, Astrid and Shallan went ahead and died on their own

Very obvious and basic theory, but might as well start simple first!

They would have realized that someone had left the shed in front of them.

Repeat this in red:

“After the group discovered the Shed Group’s bodies, but before they left the shed to find Dalinar’s body, the group locked the shed door from the outside with the master key”

After the group discovered the Shed Group’s bodies, but before they left the shed to find Dalinar’s body, the group locked the shed door from the outside with the master key.

Repeat this in red :

“The shed cannot be unlocked from the inside”

:annoyed: If you’re being that direct I suppose I should start punching you, right?

The culprit is Arya, she killed Kalladin, Horace and Sethon from outside the shed, after it had been locked by one of the three, she also killed Dalinar and locked his corpse in the garage from the outside,
when everybody was checking Dalinar’s corpse, she stealthily killed Vin, she then killed Horace in the basement and faked her own death, but when Astrid and Shallan arrived, she didn’t even have to kill them.

Now, repeat these to me:

1. With the exception of Astrid, all deaths are homicides.
  2. Besides Astrid’s and Shallan’s deaths, everyone else was killed by the same person.
  3. The garage door was locked from the inside by someone who wasn’t Dalinar.
  4. Astrid and Shallan never left the first floor between the time they arrived in the guest mansion and the time they discovered Arya’s and Adolin’s bodies.

The shed cannot be unlocked from the inside.

The murder was done from inside the shed.

With the exception of Astrid, all deaths are homicides.

As for the other three… I’ll refuse for now.

Arya and one of the following three were the culprits : Kaladin, Sethon, or Horace (let us call these three the “Shed Group”) . During the exploration of the island, one member of the Shed Group killed the other two in the shed, locked the shed from the inside, and played dead. . Afterwards when the rest were checking on Dalinar’s body, Arya killed Vin. Afterwards, Arya killed Adolin, and then faked her death. Lucky for Arya, Astrid and Shallan went ahead and died on their own

All three people in the shed are dead.

Repeat in red :

“Kaladin, Sethon, and Horace died before their bodies were discovered by the rest of the group. That is, without a doubt all three of their bodies were dead when they were discovered”

I refuse.

Arya and one of the following three were the culprits : Kaladin, Sethon, or Horace (let us call these three the “Shed Group”) . During the exploration of the island, one member of the Shed Group killed the other two in the shed, locked the shed from the inside, and played dead. Afterwards when the rest were checking on Dalinar’s body, Arya killed Vin. Afterwards, Arya killed Adolin, and then faked her death. Lucky for Arya, Astrid and Shallan went ahead and died on their own. To clean up loose ends, Arya at some point returned to the shed, unlocked it with the master key, and killed off the one playing dead.

Arya did not enter the shed after it was sealed.