Fire Emblem General

It’s looking great. I heard Gaiden was the black sheep with some unique ideas, and seeing them in the remake makes me appreciate them as they look both very different and very fun.

I guess there’s the fact I didn’t really like the Shadow Dragon remake much. I hope this one has aged better than that. (it all comes down to how much they polish it up, I guess)

From what I’ve seen through LPs from New Mystery of the Emblem (FE 12, the remake of the second book of FE 3 (first book is FE 1)), that one was leagues better than Shadow Dragon, one of the main reasons for that was because they remembered for that one that people like support conversations or something equivalent to that. As long as they do something similar for the Gaiden remake, I’m optimistic.

Also, wow, I’m really interested how archers are going to work in Echoes. Them being able to counter might actually put them away from the stigma of “Eww, archers” many FE fans have for several games.

Archers were great in Fates though. Takumi was a literal tank with legs and Setsuna was always useful.

If you look at the imgur link, SoV is shaping up to have tons of exciting features. It seems like fatigue is coming back.

I know that archers were great in Fates, that’s why I said several games, not all games. You forgot Mozu, who I like to describe as “Takumi without his special bow”, although I guess that’s through reclassing.

Fatigue was in FE 5 if I remember correctly, right? I guess it makes a lot of sense in a game with a traversable world map. But that’s amazing then, I’m looking forward to it.

1 Like

We’ve got a new trailer!

I’m liking what I see so far, but those maps and Catria’s new design look awful.
Also, now that skills are in the game, what was the point of reemerging strength and magic?
*Looks at original Gaiden maps*

https://i.imgur.com/VlgSsHo.jpg

It’s an improvement.

Uhh, as someone who doesn’t speak Japanese and could only guesstimate from the images thanks to that, what part of that trailer tells you that skills are in the game?

I think you can find it around 3:36 mark.

Yeah…I am still sitting with Fates unfinished. It and heroes are still the only Fire Emblem games I’ve played. I love Heroes, and while I consider my time with Fates (specifically Birthright) positive the story is such garbage it is still unfinished.

I might try Conquest but at this point I wonder if I am better off cycling back to Awakening or checking out Echoes when it comes out - though with the current mix of games I am probably better off pondering this question later. Persona 5 will be my all next week.

Mfw the scene where Lilith dies

If it helps, the previews so far look very promising. Maybe the story will even be PoR tier.

1 Like

The live-reaction that was edited into the following video sums it up pretty well. Also you might want to use spoilers there, like I just did. As the video suggests, there are spoilers, although not in the thumbnail, so I can still post it the normal way.

1 Like

Oh I’ve seen that video, Ghast is pretty funny.
Though I’d argue that her death is more stupid in Birthright. Like, Azura and Ryoma are right next to Corrin, and yet when not!Callech attacks, its Lilith that sacrifices herself?!

We got some new info~
Character designs: http://imgur.com/a/iJPpg
Music: https://www.youtube.com/user/MasterEnex/videos

Video that summarizes everything:

I was wondering, what do you guys think of Walhart from Awakening?
Personally, I think he’s overrated considering his rage against the gods has no coherent background. Aside from Grima, all the other gods inspire mankind to be good and do good things. What’s the harm in that?

Was a big part of Walhart’s character his rage against gods? I always thought Walhart’s character consisted mostly of him thinking he was so great and powerful that he wished to unite the entire world under his rule. Wasn’t that his primary motivation, or am I missing something?

What I mean is that in Awakening, there is little to no evidence that people are suffering because of religious strife or tyranny of the gods. Walharts motivations are told not shown to us. Aside from Grima, there are no evil gods or corrupt religions so Walharts motivations make zero sense. If this was Tellius, I might be inclined to agree with him more.
And even then I’d argue his ideology is ridiculous and is little more than a 16 year old’s idea of a “nuanced” villain. It doesn’t help that Walhart is an incredible hypocrite and is baby’s first Ubermensch.
Edit: I was wondering, what were you guy’s pairings for Awakening and Fates?

Has anyone participated in the Fire Emblem Heroes Voting Gauntlets? The nt one running now is a lot more fun then they have been now that they give any team that slips into losing status a 3x point boost for a limited time. I started on Team Leo (I have a low opinion of Fates, but it is still the only one I have played properly) though for the finals I am Team Tharja because Robin must be destroyed.

You. The enemy.
I support Robin because this waifu menace has to finally be stopped.
(but yeah the new system is a lot better. Way less one-sided stomps.)

1 Like

How does it feel to be on the side of evil?

1 Like