Introduce Yourself!

Welcome to the community @thesorceress! I’m surprised someone managed to find us through one of our podcasts!

1 Like

Hello! I’m Kip! I’m 18 and I currently live in Portugal. I like drawing, want to become an animator or an illustrator, and I make characters for my future stories for whenever I decide to make them.

I’ve watched the Higurashi anime fully a couple of years ago, and, ignoring anything after Kai, it was my favorite anime series for a while. I have recently started reading the first episode of the visual novel thanks to the steam release, but aside from that, I haven’t checked any other Higurashi related content. I’ve also read Umineko visual novel fully a year ago, and I plan to reread it since now I have the steam release and it’s my favorite work of fiction I’ve ever read! I just really adore the characters and the story behind them! I also really want to start reading the manga for it, because I really liked the expressions from the screencaps I’ve seen. Aside from that, I haven’t checked out any other 07th Expansion series, although I might try to check them out someday.

I wanted to join some sort of a community so I could ramble at people on how much I love the Umineko, without being disrespectful of course, and without me literally tying my friends up to a chair so they could read it. And someone on Tumblr recommended me this forum and it seems like a pretty nice place! Although I probably might not contribute much, but at least I found a place where I can see other people loving the series!

And aside from above, I also am interested in other anime and cartoon series, however I haven’t been watching whatever I have on my watchlist, and I also like making characters and discussing about them with close friends. Plus I really enjoy the psychological horror genre, although I don’t really check any that often and end up watching cute stuff, haha. Oh, and I also enjoy making new friends and talking, despite not having much to say, aha.

I hope I won’t be too much of a bother around here, hehe ;u;

6 Likes

Hello everyone! I’m U4ea! I’m 18 and I live in the United States.

My introduction to 07th Expansion was around four years ago. After finishing Mirai Nikki, I wanted to look for other horror animes and eventually I found the Higurashi anime. I watched the whole thing (even Kira), and for the most part I liked it (all except Kira). Shortly after finishing it, I learned that the anime was nothing in comparison to original visual novels, so I picked them up and fell in love. After reading all of Higurashi (Onikakushi though Matsuribayashi, Rei and Hou), I read all of Umineko (Legend of the Golden Witch through Twilight of the Golden Witch, Hane and Tsubasa) and Higanbana (First and Second Night). Currently I’m reading Rose Gun Days.

Of all of Ryukishi07’s works, my favorite is Umineko. I’m so happy that it made it to Steam so more and more people can enjoy it! It was actually when I was looking at the release dates for the Steam re-releases that I found Rokkenjima. And now I am having fun reading the interpretations of the new readers as they experience Ryukishi07’s worlds for the first time. It’s because of this I hope some of his lesser known works, like Higanbana, will also get more love from the western audience.

Aside from 07th Expansion, I am a fan of many other animes and cartoons. However, I’ve fallen incredibly behind on watching things due to my incredibly busy schedule. I’m currently in college, so most of my freetime is now dedicated to my studies.

I hope to see everyone around!

6 Likes

Hello everyone, I’m Spymotox, 18 and I live in France!

It was around 2 years ago that my introduction to 07th Expansion began, I discovered Higurashi on… youtube, when listening the Katawa Shoujo OST, “Dear you” was recommanded so I just clicked on it and I just loved it. Eventually, I would learn it on piano. Then, only after, I began reading Higurashi. I was so captivated by it, I read all the question arcs in less that a week. It was only a few months later that I would read the answer arcs, the same way that I did with the first four arcs. Higurashi became then one of my favorite work of all time.

Few months later again, I began Umineko. Compared to Higurashi, it took me some time to get into it, the introduction was difficult to overcome but all the rest was totally worth it. Even though I haven’t finished it (I read up to EP6, before reading EP7&8, I want to at least try to solve the riddles! However I don’t have much time to do it though…), Umineko had a huge impact on me, it changed my way of thinking for example.

As for other works, I played a little at Ougon Musou Cross, I like it, but not as much as other fighting game (I like them but I suck at fighting games though), and read the first chapter of Higanbana First Night.

Aside, I also enjoy other visual novels in general (actually reading Fata Morgana!), music (j-pop particulary) and also playing music (piano, drums) but I now don’t have much time to spend since college began…

See you around guys!

4 Likes

Welcome to the community @PocketyHat, @U4ea and @Spymotox! Really hope you enjoy your time here and make some friends.

Spymotox, if you’re interested in solving Umineko you should follow along with the Tea Party discussions! We’re still only up to Episode 3 but our members are making remarkable progress.

Since the first Tea Party, I have hesitated to join you since I know a little bit more about the riddles… you sure it’s still okay though ?

Wellll, if you know about spoilers then I’d rather you didn’t influence the conversation with them. I’d like to see our members reach the truth on their own. But feel free to follow along and post if you can keep that knowledge from influencing anything.

Hello all! I am Wonderlander, or Wonder as some call me. I am an 18 year old high-schooler from Turkey, and well… Grade 12 is evil. :frowning:

I have been a lurker here for almost a month now, but seeing that mafia game convinced me to make an account because I love mafia! I hope I will get accepted because the topic says the sign-ups are still open!

Anyways, the reason I am here is, well, I LOVE Umineko. As in, my favorite VN ever. I also love Higurashi as well, but Umineko holds a very special place in my heart. I tried Higanbana but just couldn’t get into it. I wanna try RGD, but that has to happen next year now I suppose :stuck_out_tongue:

I am a fan of VNs in general, though I played many western VNs before discovering Japanese ones. I guess that is out of the norm?

Pleased to meet you all, and I have been enjoying lurking here for the last month! Especially been enjoying all those tea parties. Makes me wish I had someone to theorize with back in the day. What you are doing is very special and kind @Aspirety . Thank you.

3 Likes

@Wonderlander Haha, I’ve never been called kind for doing them before :stuck_out_tongue:

Hope you enjoy your time here! Ronove will be bringing cookies around in a moment.

Hi! i’m Malee358, I’m from Québec (Canada) and my first language is French.

I first watched the Anime version of Higurashi, then Umineko. I also read most of the manga for both. I was so happy when I saw on Steam 07th Expansion’s game, especially the Umineko one. I was enjoying it and was looking on internet more information on the subject and that’s how I found Rokkenjima.

The more I rediscover the Umineko universe, the more I love it. It’s my favorite universe of all for all it’s complexity, story and love/hate characters.

Outside of 07th Expansion, I love cats and video games. A bit ‘‘boring’’ but I love them. Unfortunately, I’m not the type to post a lot, but I’m looking forward to meet you.

I’m so glad I can be part of this community! Have a nice day everyone!

6 Likes

Welcome to the community @Malee358! Cats and video games are great. I hope you enjoy your time here! You may be interested in joining our Discord chatroom!

Hello, my name is Restkastel and I am a 21 year old guy from just south of Chicago in the united states. I study Anthropology, with a focus on Archaeology but with interest in the rest of the fields as well, especially linguistic anthropology.

As for the things by 07th expansion that I have read or watched, well I started out with the Higurashi anime like most people probably, and went on to read the Umineko visual novel. I’ve also read Rewrite, and especially like the route done by Ryuukishi. I 've been meaning to get into Rose Guns Days and Higanbana. I own and have read the higurashi manga as well as all of the officially released Umineko manga, and also have played quite a bit of the fighting game. It goes without saying that my favorite work is Umineko by and far.

A friend of mine pointed rokkenjima my way since he knows my rather large obsession with Umineko, and has called me a prophet of the work before. As for my interests outside of 07th expansion, I enjoy Golden Age detection fiction, as well as visual novels in general, and mythology. A particular favorite of mine are the Liar-soft works within their steampunk universe.

As for something about myself, well I enjoy roleplay and currently am trying to get a post ending Umineko RP off the ground. I won’t post the link here because well, I dont want to seem like I’m just here to advertise. But if anyone is in the least bit interested I would be happy to talk to you about it in private!

5 Likes

I’m pik3rob, and I just joined here. Can’t say I have too much 07th Expansion experience, with pretty much my only experience being the first 4 episodes of Umineko so far. I’ve been following the discussions on here about them in the shadows for a while, and while I don’t think I can contribute as much, I’m still willing to throw my hat in. It’s incredibly likely that I’ll branch out and read Higurashi and other 07th Expansion stuff in the future, so I figured might as well make an account.

6 Likes

Hello my name is poyo! I’m from Popstar.I haven’t finished a 07th Expansion visual novel.I’m at 2.arc in Umineko no Naku Koro ni.I’m find Rokkenjima on Twitter.And this place is great! I like to deal write,upload things on internet,when I have free time I’m upload MUGEN characters,stages,etc. on a MUGEN website.

4 Likes

Hi there. I’m Blackrune, from Germany. I’ve read Umineko years ago and still think it’s pretty good. I’m a complete addict to mysteries in general, and hanging around the umineko fandom is still something I do to get my fill for that.
Other interests include anime and video games, or games in general. Knowing my tendencies I’ll probably mostly lurk, but join any effort to solve a gameboard I see. Nice to meet all of you.

6 Likes

Hello there, my name is Antra. I’m from the USA. I discovered 07th Expansion through oddly enough, an Ace Attorney fancase! I won’t go into specifics, but this fancase used a English Cover of Taishou A from the Higurashi Kai anime. So after I’m done loving the song, I ended up seeing a review of the Higurashi anime. (I wouldn’t see the VN until later.) So one summer I decided to see the anime with my older brother. As for Umineko, I ended up seeing a review of the anime from the same guy I saw review Higurashi. It… wasn’t very positive, but I wanted to reserve judgement, since it was a adaptation. Sometimes good stories can have bad adaptations. (Looking at you, The Last Airbender) So I later found the VN of Umineko through Youtube videos and I found out that Umineko was created by the mind behind Higurashi and ended up watching the whole story of Umineko through a Youtube playlist. I absolutely loved it. Blogs like Goats Reading Seacats ended up enhancing the story. That being said, I do slightly regret watching Umineko through Youtube videos instead of experiencing the story for myself. I had done the same thing for the Higurashi VN’s and loved it in a way that just couldn’t be expressed through a video. So I finally started my official reread of Umineko and since I had discovered this forum by this point, I thought, “Why not?” and decided to join in for the first time. That being said, greeting to all on Rokkenjima and I hope (though I won’t make any promises) to become an active member.

6 Likes

Oh god you read through that trainwreck of a gameboard I feel so sorry for you.

I MEAN, nice to meet you! Nice to see some more veterans around, just your presence here can help us newbies soldier on and solve the mysteries! I hope you have a great time here at Rokkenjima!

1 Like

hello, i’m yeoujari. i’m from the usa & i’ve recently finished all the 07th expansion visual novels (except for trianthology). umineko is my absolute favorite; it just hits so close to home about issues that i personally struggle with. i’ve been lurking here for a bit but since the new wtc series was just announced & i really want to participate in discussing it, i finally made an account. ^^

5 Likes

I’m a bit late on greeting people, let’s get back on top!

A big warm welcome to @Restkastel, @pik3rob, @poyo, @Blackrune, @Antra and @yeoujari! I’m glad you could all find this place safe and sound. With a new WTC game on the horizon, we’ve got lots of awesome discussion to look forward to!

3 Likes

Oh you thought there wouldn’t be anymore people coming over from Kazamatsuri? Well, you thought wrong. Hi everyone, I’m VyseGolbez, but most call me Vyse. I’m also from Germany and am amazed that this site apparently attracts german people like flies. Then again, considering that there’s a lot of detective shows being aired on TV in our country I guess we Germans just like that genre.

A bit about me, I’m a Key fan (duh), a Touhou fan (if you recognize my avatar, again duh (also this’ll be weird if future me decides to change the avatar)) and not yet a 07th Expansion fan (wait what?). Please, let me explain before you grab your digital pitchforks and torches!
I do have both Umineko and Higurashi on my wishlist on steam because they did sound interesting and got Umineko gifted by @Karifean for Christmas and @Aspirety recommended to sign up before reading that and not after when I asked him so here I am, signing up on a fan site for 07th Expansion without having an opinion about the stuff they have written.

Other than that, I’m an avid gamer with a big interest in RPGs and also a fan of music, so much so that I sometimes analyze music while listening to it just for the heck of it.

So I’m looking forward to actually experience 07th Expansion, starting with Umineko, and offering my thoughts once it comes to that.

4 Likes