It Walks In Our Home

Well there’s always: [color=blue]He had a key he believed to be the study key even though it wasn’t, hence his behaviour made sense.[/color]

[color=red]The key to the study was unique. Neither Kinzo nor anyone else could have been made to believe something that wasn’t the key to the study was the key to the study. It would’ve been immediately noticed.[/color]

[color=blue]The key was with someone he trusted and wouldn’t ever accept to have been the one to steal the box, hence suspecting Kanon.[/color]

1 Like

[Color=blue] The culprit threatened Kinzo, saying he would kill someone in case the former didn’t let him enter the room. Kinzo had no choice but to let the culprit enter, twice. The first time the box was stolen in front of him, and he couldn’t do anything but watch. The second time the culprit killed him. [/color]

EDIT: Noticed what I said contradicts one red, ignore it.

1 Like

[color=red]Had Kinzo entrusted the study key to someone, all of the servants - thus, including Kanon - MUST have known about it.[/color]

I… guess you could technically claim that he maybe gave it, like, in the middle of the night to someone at random after Kanon left, since it wouldn’t make sense for the servants to know about it in that case. So let’s just eliminate that and also say: [color=red]Kinzo never gave the study key to anyone during the family conference.[/color]

(This would technically be covered with the first red, anyway, but better safe than sorry.)

Now now, even before then, there was something you’d overlooked.

Important detail (EP4 spoilers)

“Ushiromiya Kinzo does not give into threeeeeeeeeeeeats!”

1 Like

Well, on quick skim I can’t find anything where this would be clearly contradicted in thoughts. Yes, Kanon asserts to Kinzo that he must have let someone in, but that could just be because Kinzo ordered the servants to not speak about who has the key, hence he’s using the subtle approach to prod Kinzo into admitting it to himself, who’s having none of it.

But Kanon is clearly baffled as to how the box got out of Kinzo’s study. If he knew Kinzo had given it to someone, that person would’ve crossed his mind as a potential suspect. If they were alive, what would’ve been the point in asking Kinzo, who wouldn’t have had the key? If the person was already someone dead, what would’ve been the point of getting Kinzo to say their name? And what’s the point in getting Kinzo to admit it in front of others? Kanon himself says he doesn’t want the others to know about what the box situation is really about.

To clarify on the previous red, [color=red]the servants would’ve naturally known who Kinzo had given the key to, if he had.[/color] (If you’re suggesting that knowing he gave it to someone = / = knowing who it was.)

Stretch and stretch but the more you try and stretch, the more tears it gets…

[color=blue]The culprit stole the key from one of the servants that was in charge of Kinzo’s study key. Said servant was found dead by Kanon, thus why he wouldn’t immediately suspect that they were responsible for stealing the box. Kinzo was also aware of that person’s death, hence his paranoia. [/color]

Yes, but that scenario in itself raises questions, as I said. Why would Kanon have by that point still have been baffled as to how the box got out? (And he was, I assure you. I can’t recall if I ever explicitly brought it up in the narrative at that point, but it was still on his mind.) What’s the point in even asking Kinzo if that was the case? He would’ve known the person was dead and that the key they had would’ve been with the culprit and yet Kanon STILL tells Kinzo:

“The only way someone took it is if you let them into the study yourself!”

Well, Rosa’s room, then. The windows are said to be closed, not locked, but I’m just gonna assume they work like usual and can only be closed from the inside.

Still, with the key just somewhere on the floor, standard stuff comes to mind.

[color=blue]Someone else slipped in the key after the door was broken. If the whole group was inside the room, it could have been possible to pull off stealthily from the door, especially when they were busy lifting up Rosa.[/color]

[color=blue]Alternatively there’s always a loop of string through the gap in the door with the workbench as an anchor point, and then letting go of one end of the string midway through.[/color]

1 Like

Your assumption is entirely correct.

[color=red]The group would have noticed had anyone tried entering Rosa’s room after they did.[/color] Of course, you can claim that the culprit never entered and simply threw the key in, but no such luck. [color=red]The key was never thrown from outside of the room into the inside of the room after the door was broken down.[/color]

Ah.

[color=red]While the door to Rosa’s room is closed, there is no gap in it (the door) which the key could’ve fit through. Similarly, while a window in Rosa’s room is closed, there is no gap in it (the window) which the key could’ve fit through.[/color]

Just for posterity’s sake, despite the fact that we have two “passing” blues for Natsuhi’s death.

[color=blue] The window “frame” piece was locked, as Kanon observed. However, the glass portion of the window had been cut away and replaced with a piece of glass that the culprit could remove and replace from outside the bathroom. This was how they entered and exited. [/color]

1 Like

[color=red]The window in the bathroom had not been tampered with in any way. This, of course, means that no part of its glass was ever removed, damaged or modified.[/color] (“Tamper” is, of course, meant to be taken at face value. It wasn’t messed with, and it didn’t have any hidden functionalities the culprit could’ve taken advantage of, such as a part of removable glass, basically.)

1 Like

[color=blue]The key wasn’t the key to Rosa’s room. Yes - he tried it, but the lock was obviously switched or tampered with to make that one work there. (maybe tampered so that ANY key would have worked.)[/color]

2 Likes

[Color=Red] The group would have noticed had anyone tried entering Rosa’s room after they did. [/color] But not anything.
[Color=blue] The culprit used a remote control car or some similar mechanism to put the key back into the room after the group entered.[/color] This is so stupid.
Or, less funny [Color=blue] The culprit used an animal to put the key back after the group entered. [/color]

2 Likes

[color=red]The key found in Rosa’s room was indeed the key to Rosa’s room![/color]

Keyboi-sama

lend me your strength

[color=red]No robots exist on the island.[/color] For the purposes of the game, we will chunk sort of mechanisms that would use a remote, such as the suggested car, into the definition of robot.

[color=red]No animals were used (or even so much as participated) in any of the events of this game.[/color] (Minus, you know, the snake venom, but that’s hardly participation.)

[Color=blue] The culprit made the key slide into the room, thus technically not ‘throwing’ it, after the group entered. [/color]

1 Like

Now, now. I am a cruel, but generous God.

[color=red]The culprit would not have been able to get the key into the room from outside of the room after the group entered it.[/color]

1 Like

[color=blue]The culprit was hiding inside the work desk.[/color]

Depending on the design of the thing it works.

1 Like

…Hmm.

I feel like I should bring something up, but I think we’re getting to that point soon enough, anyway, so.

Sure. Sounds reasonable, I suppose. I never described it completely. I’ll let it pass, for now.