It Walks In Our Home

[Color=blue] Natsuhi’s headache is what made her die, she brought a knife with her, and slipped, eventually dying. No one is the culprit here, so there’s still one culprit.[/color] This shouldn’t contradict the red, given that there is no culprit.

[color=red]Natsuhi’s death was murder.[/color]

Fine, but [color=blue]Natsuhi was playing dead when Kanon found her. She used a trick knife and some makeup to fool Kanon. She died sometime later after committing all the crimes[/color] (suicide? who knows)

[Color=blue] The soap in the bathroom contained a hallucinogen which worsened Natsuhi’s mental state, which was already terrible, to the point where she slipped and was killed by a knife she brought with her. The soap is neither a mechanism nor a contraption, so it isn’t a trap in its very sense. This is still considered murder.[/color]

[color=red]The soap was perfectly normal - both when Kanon first checked the bathroom, and after, when discovering Natsuhi’s body.[/color] The soap was a good choice because it was pretty much the only thing that could hold something like this. Everything beyond it would fall into some Knox’s 8th business.

You’ve denied the possibility of a disguise swap at the last second, but not necessarily one taking place from the start. [color=blue] The person Kyrie and Kanon found in Natsuhi’s room was never Natsuhi. It was dark, so they couldn’t tell that it wasn’t her. The imposter entered the bathroom after Kanon searched it, opened the window, pulled in the real Natsuhi’s body, and hid. They slipped out after Kanon discovered the body. [/color]

[color=red]Knox’s 10th. It is forbidden for a character to disguise themselves as another without any clues.[/color] Like, literally, who could’ve even done it? I’m pretty sure all of the people have been accounted for by that point.

Oh, and your fake Natsuhi would’ve had an alibi for Kinzo’s death anyway.

[Color=blue]Natsuhi was already drugged when she was found in Krauss’ room using something the culprit took from Nanjo’s doctor bag, the effects simply manifested when she went to the bathroom. She died in the bathroom by slipping on a knife she brought with her, influenced by her mental state.[/color]

I’m struggling to come up with a reason as to why the culprit would drug her in the first place. Like, what was the plan? The culprit drugs her, but they couldn’t have predicted her taking a knife, or her going to the bathroom. And assuming the culprit had made no such assumptions, what would’ve been the payoff for drugging her? What does the culprit gain out of it?

I’m actually curious if you can come up with anything before I throw out a red.

[color=blue] The culprit snuck into the bathroom after Kanon had searched it but before Natsuhi entered. They hid as described in earlier theories. [/color]

After a thorough inspection, I found nobody to be hiding. I stepped outside and told Natsuhi it was safe to come in. She thanked me and headed in, locking the door behind her. The key to the bathroom had already been on the inside of the door. Always was.

Absolutely nothing in this scene indicates that Kanon would have somehow missed someone entering. He’d stepped outside and told her that she can come in. How would he have been able to miss someone just casually waltzing in? It’s impossible.

[color=blue]The door to Rosa’s room was taken off its hinges.
Alternatively, the windows.
Alternatively, the key was turned in the inside lock from the outside, using pliers or something, then pushed onto the floor.
[/color]

Is it even possible to take a locked door off its hinges while making sure it’s locked without breaking the lock?

The first game, if you recall, establishes that all of the windows are pretty heavy and sturdy, and that it’d be a two-person job to take them off their hinges. The same still applies, given that Rosa’s bedroom and the windows in it are identical to the ones where that was established in game one.

[color=red]The only way to lock or unlock the door to Rosa’s room is with its respective key. The only way to lock or unlock the door is with a person holding the key with their own hand (with no other tools between the hand and the key), the key being in the lock, and subsequently turning the key inside of the lock.[/color]

[Color=blue] The key to Rosa’s room is made of two parts, both of those parts can lock and the unlock the room’s door. The key found in the room by the group is in fact one of the two parts, so it can still lock and unlock the door. The culprit left one part of the key in the room while locking from the outside with the other part. Both of those parts look like a key and still look a key when put together, so no problem if no one ever noticed. Those two parts put together form a key, so even when taken separately they aren’t duplicates. When taken separately, the two parts are still considered ‘the key to Rosa’s room’, they are just part of it.[/color]

[color=red]All of the keys consist of only one part. This changed at no point throughout the game.[/color]

When the door to Rosa’s room is closed no key can pass through it, sure, but a string can.

[Color=blue] There were two strings which passed through the door (maybe through the lock), one connected to the three chairs and one connected to the ceiling, where the culprit put a set of blades, tied by the string. Rosa entered the room and locked the door behind her, the culprit baited her to the table using red paint, which was there before Rosa arrived, so Rosa went to check. When she was near the table the culprit pulled the string connected to the blades, so they fell and killed Rosa. He then pulled the string connected to the chairs to they went to the position the group found them in. This string was used so that Rosa wouldn’t go to check the heads, going to the table first instead. In the end the culprit pulled all the strings another time, so they returned in his possession. [/color]
The only problem I find with this theory is the position Rosa’s body was in, a different bait might’ve been used which I didn’t think of so that she would end up in that position. Sure, she could’ve still ended up in that position with my theory, but that’s improbable.

Aside from the position, the fact that she would’ve reacted to anything else but the headless bodies is… questionable. Were they out of sight when she came in and then later somehow moved to be where they were found? If they were, I don’t think you can pull a string any sort of way to move a chair with a headless body without knocking it over, no less than three times. Especially with how they were positioned.

But yeah, as you pointed out, the positioning doesn’t work out either. If the blades fell from the ceiling, Rosa would’ve been found on the stomach. But she was on her back. Not only that, but she had a rose in her hand. How did it get there?

[color=blue] The door was taken off its hinges and the key slipped through the gap created by this. The door was then put back on the hinges. This wouldn’t require the culprit breaking the lock. [/color]

Wait when does the door get locked then? Like, the point is that removing it and then rotating it isn’t possible given the bolt keeping the lock in place, no?

I mean, either way, [color=red]the door to Rosa’s room was never taken off its hinges[/color].

Yes, I mean the heads weren’t visible, and the string arranged them that way after Rosa died, the chairs were turned and in a different position before.

The rose could’ve been taken from the garden by Rosa, thoughtful about her romantic status.

There are two possible ways where Rosa ended up in that position.
1.She put herself in that position because she wanted to sleep or stay on the table for I don’t know.
2.She wanted to see the blades better.
But both are simply absurd.

The setting of this crime is really strange, that’s why complex mechanism were the first thing I thought of. There aren’t many other possibilities left, anyway.

EDIT: noticed this is the 100th post, yay.

2 Likes