Let's Rate Dreams

Use this topic to share what strange, scary or deep dreams you’ve had lately, and let other people judge them or psychoanalyse~! Just make sure to keep the code of conduct in mind :winking:

2 Likes

Well, I often have nightmares as opposed to dreams, …and this one is…bizarre to say the least. It is also somewhat NFSW.

So in my dream, I am lying down on my bed, and just staring at the ceiling in my room. I suddenly hear laughter and like a crowd of people just mumbling to each other in the distance- like if there was some sort of party or something going on in the distance. However, I cannot move my head so I can’t see where the sound is coming from. In any case, a disembodied head (who’s features are covered by a shadow) just slowly materializes and comes closer to me. As the head comes closer, the laughter becomes louder, but the mumbling dies down. This is where the NSFW part comes in- erm…the head just kinda bobs up and down near my genital area (like I am still fully clothed, but it just flows up and down there). In any case, I suddenly feel pain all over and then everything goes quiet. The head disappears and I can move around. So I turn to the side to see a shadowy figure with glowing white pupils just standing there with its head tilt. I attempt to go towards the figure, but as if time was slowing down, every moment felt like it stretched until eternity. It takes a lot of effort (like I felt so much exhaustion) just trying to get out of bed. As soon as I get out of my bed, the hallway in my room (My room is in the basement so there is a hallway that goes up stairs) stretches and I find myself on my bed every time. Every time, I loop back to my bed, the laughter and mumbling goes back and I see the bobbing head doing the same thing as before. With each loop, the laughter turns more into crying and the mumbling sounds like screaming. The shadowy figure still remains the same however. Every time I loop, I feel more pain and eventually I just wake up.

DISCLAIMER: I know nothing about psychoanalysis and I know nothing about you. The following is merely me looking too hard into your dream and trying to interpret it in a way that makes sense.

The shadowy figure is your subconscious self and the laughing people represent the society. You feel isolated from the society (these laughing people) and you wish to join them (feel like a part of the society), but you are unable to do so no matter how many times you try because your subconscious self is aware of the society’s true nature. The mumbling and laughing people beginning to cry and scream symbolizes the harsh reality that today’s society is unhappy and not a healthy place. You feel pain in your body because your subconscious self is trying to prevent you from becoming a part of that twisted society. That is also why the hallway always stretches - your subconscious self is trying to save you so you end up as a part of that screaming mass of people. Perhaps your dream is telling you to be your own person instead of following the masses. (far-fetched interpretations ftw!!)

1 Like

I had a dream that the Rick and Morty Twitter accidentally called their characters Impa and Luigi, and the internet went wild making photoshops about Impa and Luigi. Better yet, dream Aspi thought this made sense and was leigitmately funny, enough to tweet about it when I woke up.

I mean, close enough to those hotel Mario tweets that are happening irl right now.

But Impa and Luigi doesn’t sound anything like Rick and Morty, hahah

Sure lets go with that.

Only one I remember right now involved me and some others receiving some kind of ‘whodunnit app’ on our cell phones, which was developed by some sort of mysterious figure. We were supposed to beta-test the game which essentially involved spreading out all over a city. The app then randomly selected a killer and accomplice who had to find and kill the others somehow without anyone figuring out what’s going on. (there was some other weird rules and special things but I don’t remember).
Also, all murders were supposed to be ‘fake’, but it wasn’t really explained how to do that. I was just walking through the mall and meeting some girl that was apparently in the game as well and of course she suddenly attacked me. I somehow turned it around and she ended up dead instead. Not even sure how. I ran away because I didn’t want to be associated with that, but the staircase I was running down just went on forever. Eventually I gave up and turned around again. When I got back to the mall the body was mysteriously gone though, and nobody seemed to have noticed that anything had gone down there.
…Yeah, probably watched too much anime that day.

1 Like

This morning I dreamed that I was playing a 2D Zelda, kinda like the Oracle games, but I was half-realizing that I was dreaming, so I got a little furious that I can’t go and play this cool Zelda game I don’t know once I’m truly awake.

My analysis tells me you want to play some Zelda.

2 Likes

My dreams are wacky and not very cohesive. When I was younger, they usually involved some kind of animal attacking and killing me, usually a bee, snake, or spider. Funny, snakes are actually my favorite animals.

yaaassss

I love dreams. I used to keep track of my dreams. I want to do them again.

Last week I had a dream I was being chased by a serial killer. He kept killing my friends one by one and the last thing I remember was receiving a text message from one saying “Let’s continue what we started.” Which I think was the serial killer contacting me, not my friend. xD

2 Likes

Two days ago, I dreamed that I was walking outside at random and when I turned a corner, I saw one of my closest friends start to fly. I was like “WTF” and then she saw me too, flew to me and kinda threatened me not to tell anybody. I said, “Of course I won’t!” And then she asked me if I wanted super powers too.

Then I woke up :confused:

2 Likes

My dreams are always incredibly bizarre.

One of them that I’ve never managed to forget happened over 10 years ago. I had just watched documentary on poltergeists that had played on TV that night. Went to bed. Suffocated in my dream. The whole world was made of origami and very… 2d. But I got smashed by this 2d, flat sumo wrestler made of paper and suffocated. I woke up having a hard time breathing. I think this was influenced by the documentary I saw because it said one of the common sensations of a poltergeist is weight on your chest.

I had come across this video on facebook 2, 3 weeks ago, of someone directly touching someone elses’ eye. I am more eye squeamish than anything in the entire world! If someone or something even IMPLIES that it’s getting near an eye, I can’t look. And yes, at 21 I still cry at the eye doctor. :crying: Anyway, this video had influenced the dream I had that night. I was forced to watch this blonde kid get her eyes removed. I couldn’t look away, I could not blink. It was like I was a camera or forced to observe things. Luckily, behind her eyes was nothing graphic. Imagine a skin colored empty eye socket. That was all. But still, yikes.

Um, besides my extreme eye phobia, the Ring movies mentally and subconsciously scarred me. Every single night for years, and even commonly today, I will dream about Samara/Sakado coming out of the TV, and nowhere I run will provide any peace. This was so common back in 2009 that I actually could tell I was dreaming when I’d see it, and I remember the texture and taste when I bit her once. Like squash, very…watery. Slimy. I still have nightmares about her to this very day, despite avoiding the Ring/Ringu at all costs. I can’t even have things set up in my room that look even remotely like black hair on white - everything is separated because I’ll psych myself out.

I had a very hazy dream of a family get together as a kid.
There was this…smell. I swear sometimes even today, I smell it in real life, though I don’t know what the smell is from. It’s some sort of plant? I tend to smell it at random times outside.

OH, and my dream from about a week ago.
My grandpa passed of cancer in October last year. I had a dream my sister was possessed by his spirit and he was causing her to decay as she was alive, but everyone…treated her as him. It was weird.

2 Likes

I just had a dream wherein a friend of mine and I were trying to escape from a flooding school. We had three girls with us, and along the way there was a nasty chemical spill somewhere because the water had turned pink and foul. My friend managed to escape to the roof, but I couldn’t for whatever reason and as I turned around to find another way out, the three girls left with me turned pink and melted into the floor with smiles on their faces. I saw venomous octopi roaming the halls before I woke up.

1 Like

This is what I found online:

"The most obvious attribute of the octopus is its many “arms.” So dreaming of an octopus indicates that you are either participating in too many things at once or that you are feeling pulled in many different directions at the same time. The dream octopus is also a symbol of greed and has been associated with the number 8 – because it has eight appendages.

The dream octopus is associated with concepts such as multi-tasking, shyness, busyness, or approaching a problem from several different angles."

The flood could be representing that you’re overwhelmed with something and so could the octopi. You are either multitasking or feeling pulled in many different directions. No idea what the girls could symbolize other than being potential love interests that you are torn between lol.

2 Likes

Such an interesting take on it, never knew octopi had any significance.

1 Like

Or you simply played too much Splatoon. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Ooooh my dream tonight was so fun. I was with a friend on a train, a high speed train in the middle of a snowstorm. We were just talking and laughing and looking at the landscape which was like even yhough there was so much snow I could see skyscrapers and such. And my friend had a hideous orange puffy coat or smth. Like glow in the dark orange. We missed our stop by like 3 stops and we had to go back. When we got to our destination, the snow had stopped, and we were in a vast snowfield. A bunch of our friends suddenly materialized and we were all males which is weird. We then started having a snowball fight amongst ourselves. It was fun :smiley:

1 Like

This sounds like the perfect set up for a light novel :

“I can’t believe my snowball fight turned me into a male?!”

3 Likes