Mafia Under the Clear Sky(Game Over)

Sunlight warms your body as you come to. You look around you–an ordinary field, surrounded on all sides by ocean. You can hear the call of birds above you, the only figures painting the bright blue sky any other shade. There are others here, all similarly disoriented. Except one, sitting on a wooden throne at the edge of this island. She stands, a cape billowing off her back. You were certain it wasn’t there before.

“Well, let’s get started!”

Welcome to my first mafia game here at Rokkenjima, Mafia Under the Clear Sky. I’m used to hosting games under a certain different set of norms, so if any of my conventions or language seems a little off to you folks, I apologize in advance.

This game will be for a maximum of Thirteen Players, but I can do less if we don’t get enough. Additionally, This game will be simple in comparison to recent games here on Rokkenjima. On a scale of 1 being strictly no-power-role vanilla mafia vs 10 being a complete mind fuck, we’re aiming for a 3. That isn’t to say it’s going to be a boring setup, however–I prefer my games to be clever more than complicated.

VyseGolbez, Yasaborou Shimogamou, the Idiot Tanuki and Town Vanilla Cop was endgamed.
Wonderlander, Rui Ninomiya, the Witch of Revolution and Vanilla Townie was endgamed.
Antra, La Pucelle, the Witch with a Giant Sword and Vanilla Townie was endgamed.
Karifean, Marisa Kirisame, the Ordinary Witch and Vengeful Mafioso has won Mafia Under the Clear Sky.
Honeycomb, Yayaka, the Witch of Pure Illusion and Vengeful Mafioso has won Mafia Under the Clear Sky.

DEAD:
[color=Green]thesorceress, Featherine Augustus Aurora, the Witch of Theatregoing and Town 2-shot Doctor[/color] died night one.
[color=Green]EternalMagician, Utena Tenjou, the Rose Duelist and Vanilla Townie[/color] died day two.
MAFIA_Battler, Nene Nanakorobi, the Cyborg Witch and Town Friendly Neighbor died night two.
Blackrune, Kirika Akatsuki, the Witch Idol, and Vanilla Townie was killed Day Three.

1. Obey all site rules and basic mafia conventions.
  2. Each day will last 48 hours. Each night, 24.
  3. Voting is to be done in either bold text. I will not count any attempts to vote that are not in that format. Unvotes are not required.
  4. A lynch is achieved when half of the living players, rounded down plus one have voted for a player. Once that event has happened, all votes are locked and the day will end.
  5. If a deadline is achieved and a player has not achieved the majority for lynching, then I will publicly role a die with sides equal to the number of living players+No Lynch. Whoever’s number is chosen will be killed.
  6. Once you’re dead, you’re dead. Please do not post anymore. If you were replaced for whatever reason, please do not post in thread.
  7. You may not discuss the game outside this thread with other players involved in the game unless your role specifically says so. If you can, you may only discuss at the location listed in your role PM.
  8. Anyone who is not playing but wishes to commentate on the game may PM for access to a spectator thread. Any player who has died will be given access to the spectator thread.
  9. I am not responsible for your mistakes. If you screw up a tag or something, I will not edit it for you. If you have the ability to edit posts, please do not do so.
  10. Avatars, titles, and profiles are out-of-game locations.
  11. Please do not quote out-of-thread communications.
  12. Players may only use one active ability per phase.
  13. Although somewhat divine, I am prone to mistakes. If I miss anything, please PM me and I will resolve the issue as best as possible.
  14. I am an existence that surpasses even Witches, as such Bolded Purple is my color, it would serve you well not to use it.
  15. Daytalk is enabled for all factions by default.
  16. Nobody likes a rules lawyer.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

4 Likes

I would like to join. :slight_smile:
And thank god for a good old classic mafia. My head was getting a bit dizzy there. :stuck_out_tongue:

Sign me up.

Sign me up as well, the recent Mafias we’ve played have been alot of fun but it’ll be nice for a traditional one as a change of pace :grinning:

I’m in.

Hey, I was one of the ones that was really curious how you’d run a game, so I should definitely sign up~

Also, looking at the ruleset and what I saw in articles on the site I was researching Mafia stuff, are you per chance usually playing on Mafiascum?

And, what’s the significance of this rule:

(It’s funny how discourse changes the numbering of the rules for each player added)

I’ll certainly participate~

Let’s just say I’ve had players try to cheat by putting game-relevant information in the avatars and stuff before.

Ihi~ I guess I’m in!

The ideas people get…

Okay, that explains why the rule is there. Thanks~

I’d like to join!

I’m in, definitly.

I regrettably inform you all that I won’t participate in this game - I’m still busy with stuff at college and don’t want a repeat of the anonymous mafia. Despite this I do want a spectator pass so I can laugh at incompetence instead of fuming at the ears due to people on my own team changing their minds.

Though I may be just a spectator, I already have some ideas for some rule bending. So I want to clarify them now.

First off, I read these two rules here…[quote=“Contessa, post:1, topic:1276”]
Once you’re dead, you’re dead. Please do not post anymore. If you were replaced for whatever reason, please do not post in thread.
[/quote]

So there are no revive methods in this game at all, then? I assumed as much considering your Sanity Scale ™ labelling this a 3/10, but I wanted to check.

Second…

I need to know what quote means here. Therefore I’d like to ask a few questions:

a. Is faking a quote allowed?
b. Is paraphrasing quotes allowed? I assume so otherwise the detective role is useless. Though there may not be a detective role in this game…
c. Can we quote entirely out of context without alluding to it being a quote? E.g. saying “Well, my sources say Bobbybobobob is Witch Aligned” instead of quoting our role PM, since technically we are quoting you saying “Bobbybobobob is Witch Aligned” from a detective role PM.

I understand @Karifean had some issues surrounding some but not all of these. If I recall correctly he banned direct quoting to make it easier to fake roles as otherwise people could use speech patterns of his to tell fakes from real abilities. Hence the asking, despite some of these being pretty obvious.

Edit: Also I see rules stating to not quote out-of-thread locations but the profile pics are out of game and not out of thread at all according to your ruleset! Best change that before we get some issues.

In order,

1. Yes, those rules would preclude there being reviver roles in the game.
    a. No, faking an out-of-thread quote means you’re tacitly accepting that the faked quote is real, and you will be punished for it.
    b. Paraphrasing obviously is fine. If it wasn’t you wouldn’t be able to roleclaim at all.
    c. See above. The rules regarding out-of-thread communications are very specifically to stop people from trying to ‘confirm’ themselves based off speech patterns or pm formatting or whatever.

Furthermore, let me just get this out of the way now. I’m a pretty hands-off moderator. I believe most people, especially in a close-knit group like this want to have a fun, fair game and won’t angle shoot. That being said, if there’s one thing I hate more than anything, it’s angle shooting. Nothing ruins the enjoyment of a game faster. Which is to say, don’t test me.

Additionally I will be closing sign-ups Monday morning. I have a set-up ready for more or less any player count, so don’t worry about that.

I’m here to play.

Got it.

1 Like

Role PMs and stuff getting sent out now.

All role PMs have been sent out, the game will start when most people have confirmed here they got their role pms.

Coincidentally, the default vanilla townie role PM looks something like this.

You are Homura Okemi, the Gunslinger Witch. You woke up on this island without your buckler or soul gem, it’s quite strange. Kyuubey is nowhere to be found either. Maybe you can enjoy it here.

You are a Vanilla Townie.

You win when all members of the mafia faction have died.

Homura, incidentally, is not a character in this game. Anyways, when everyone shows up, let’s start.

Small Addendum: all flavor was randomized and has no baring on alignment.

Received!

Yo guys. Feels like it’s been ages since I’m a normal Mafia player. You all know I’m always on the Human team, right? Good. Let’s get started~

1 Like