Mangagamer Updates: Higurashi Kai and Golden Fantasia News!

I’m excited for both of these games, but especially for Golden Fantasia! It’s a game I’ve always, always wanted to try, but I had no idea where to get it and I really didn’t want to pirate it. I’m really happy it’s going to be released through Mangagamer. Hopefully it’s put up on Steam as well.

2 Likes

Definitely hyped for those for sure! Never thought I’d see the day an Umineko fighting game would be localized.

Here’s hoping we get some more news at the Anime Expo panel this weekend. Fingers crossed~

4 Likes

Yes hopefully there will be news at the panel!

Too bad I’ll be at a concert during it otherwise I would report. ;w;

2 Likes

I can hardly wait, I hope to make a lot of friends who would like to play Golden Fantasia for steam!

2 Likes

We’re planning to do various tourneys for the game on here when it comes out~

1 Like

Awww, I really thought that there was some news on the rest of Higurashi when I saw this thread being updated. Still living on the hope that we soon get more information regarding its release.

If you want news on Higurashi, then I’d suggest following Mangagamer’s Twitter. Don’t think they’ve updated it in a while, but that’s where you’ll find updates on it’s status. They update on most of their games every other Friday, which just so happens to be today, so they might announce something soon.

I’m thinking probably nothing from Higurashi Kai or Golden Fantasia until after Umineko Chiru comes out but I’m still going to be hopeful

Well, they’ve said that Golden Fantasia is coming out “#soon,” so news about it wouldn’t surprise me. Don’t know much on Higurashi’s status though.

I’m sure Tsumihoroboshi will pop up any day without warning

I tried that for a while but their constant flooding of news that I really don’t care about was too much for me to handle. I’ll be fine to check in here once or twice a day instead, much more fun that way anyway.

I mean, you’d probably be better off following the Rokkenjima Twitter. If there’s any Higurashi news then we’ll be sure to post about it!

Aspirety: That’s exactly my thought at well. :hauu:

Anyway, judging by the first message in this thread posted by System which cited Mangagamer to have started editing all three remaining chapters of Kai, do you guys think we’ll see the next chapters faster than before? I’m hopefully optimistic that we will.

No idea… Guess we should start bugging Mangagamer for translation updates again.

I personally hope they don’t release them all at once, but faster would be nice~

It’s very old now since it’s been posted in January of this year, but one of the translators mentioned that “We’re hoping to try and have most (if not all) the answer arcs released by the end of this year.” Since it’s been so long, it’s subject to change since then but it’s still something.

Fortunately the remaining chapters for Higurashi has already had TLC (Which I believe stands for Translation Checking in this context) and editing has been completed for months now.

The status of Higurashi, Umineko, and Golden Fantasia and the weird way on how they’re being worked on was also answered there on March.
"There’s a few different reasons. The work currently been done on Higurashi for the answer arcs is a little different than usual, so our standard weekly updates wouldn’t convey its state of progress. In the case of Umineko, we’re working directly with Witch Hunt, an independent group, so once again, it’s status is rather different from normal projects.

As for Golden Fantasia, the Umineko Fighter, there aren’t any status updates at the moment because we’re focused first on the programming aspect and making sure all of the gameplay elements will function properly, especially in terms of enabling netplay. Those goalposts have somewhat nebulous timelines, so again it’s hard to report at the moment.

I can say work is definitely being done on all three right now, and we hope to have them released as soon as reasonably possible with hurting quality."

That’s probably just a typo at end and the intention is “without hurting quality”.

2 Likes

Excelent news! I’ve been waiting to finish Higurashi Kai for far too long.

Golden Fantasia seems like the kind of battle game that I usually don’t like much, but since it’s Umineko I’ll approach it with a very open mind!

1 Like

Golden Fantasia has officially been announced for December the 8th!

3 Likes

YAAAAAASSSS

1 Like

Woaaaaah! Excellent news!
(B-But how am I supposed to replay all of Umineko Chiru until then?)