New 07th Expansion Manga Project Announced!

Well I guess I should word it differently. I don’t necessarily mind the absence of mystery (RGD was fucking awesome after all) but I would love it if he wrote ambitious passion projects, whatever those might be.

2 Likes

At this point I’m so behind on his stuff that I probably wont get to this for a while, but I Ryukishi ultimately stuck with me more because of the greater themes of reality and perception, so I trust him as a story teller to make something really interesting out of this.

2 Likes

One interesting thing to note is that the title ends with ‘~Koro ni’, so it may have some connection to the When They Cry series. That, or the title is just for fun.

3 Likes

Do you think this means the dramatic audio element will be the sound of boobs jiggling?

2 Likes

Could be! :sweat_smile:

But that makes me think there should be a thread where people can talk about what the sound might be in the actual next When They Cry.

I don’t know what to make of this, it certainly can turn out to be a good story but really, it doesn’t look like something I’d like. I mean, Ryukishi’s storytelling abilities are good and if maybe this will be a story about relationships, it can be pretty good if done well, but I’m more interested in reading a mystery from him. Anyhow, we still don’t have enough information on this so there’s not much to say but if I hear good things about this, I’ll probably give it a try.

1 Like

Yeah, I can’t say I’m to excited about it at the moment, either. I guess I’ll see when it comes out, though.

1 Like

Sounds interesting, if only because it’ll probably be very self-aware, perhaps deconstructing visual novel narratives. I can’t wait to see what Ryuukishi pulls out next!

This excites me, especially if it ends up being another When They Cry. I don’t have a whole lot of room to talk since I have yet to read Higurashi ((all those different names confuse me. @____@; )) but it would be really cool because this would be the first WTC I’d be around for the release of! Forgive me if I’ve missed some reading or something, but does anyone know if this is going to be a visual novel as well?

A post was merged into an existing topic: Hotarubi no Tomoru Koro ni General Discussion

Is there any chance this has something to do with Gakuen Renai…?

Official art for the new manga, which I’m calling ‘When the Game Ends’ from now on (from the English subtitle in the logo).

7 Likes

Wrong manga! Hotarubi discussion is over here: Hotarubi no Tomoru Koro ni General Discussion

This thread is for discussing When The Game Ends.

The first chapter is floating around (came out at the end of November) but it doesn’t seem like it’s been translated. Wonder if anyone will pick this up.

1 Like

Hopefully, I would if I knew enough moon runes.

I just glanced it and… What the fuck is going on in this series??

its pretty extreme

1 Like

Quite.

It really is quite the story so far. Wow.

My prediction did come true… somewhatish.

What’s it about?