New When They Cry Image Sound Tracks and Dramas "Haworthia" Announced!

It’s okay to be confused, we are too.
In recent news, a certain mysterious Sound Drama has been announced under the name ハオルシア or “Haworthia”, presented by doujin circles M. Graveyard (dai) and Pomexgranate (xaki and Motoki Zakuro). Why should you care? Well, it so happens that the scenario of this drama is being written by Ryukishi himself, and it’s being promoted as a tie-in for the new “When They Cry” game. Yep, an image soundtrack / sound drama album for a game that isn’t out yet. That sounds like Ryukishi alright.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://rokkenjima.org/new-when-they-cry-image-sound-tracks-and-dramas-haworthia-announced/

From what I can tell, this is basically Rewrite with space fairies.

Zepfur and I were speculating about how this album might be structured, and we think it’s gonna be a bunch of image songs sung by the characters, talking about their own role in the story, with drama intermissions between the songs, featuring BGM from WTC5 in the background.

2 Likes

Well damn! I was gonna ask “cute character design! I wonder who illustrated it” and wouldn’t you know, it’s remotaro! Been a huge fan of hers for the longest time so I’m really happy to see her spreading out to more original works :hauu:

2 Likes

Ooooh, just saw an interesting idea on Twitter.

Interesting that we don’t see the faces of the two automata, huh? What if they’re actually different forms of Asaki and Yuu?

1 Like

Hmm, I don’t quite know what to make of this as of yet, but maybe the songs, well, rather the lyrics may be cryptic in nature and give hints to the answer of the mystery in When They Cry 5 (much like Frederica Bernkastel’s poetry did at the beginning of every Higurashi chapter)?

2 Likes

Ah yes, that’s a good analogy. It could be something just like that.

1 Like

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: When They Cry 5 Pre-Release Discussion & Speculation

Thats also what I was thinking to considering how similar the synopsis sounded to Rewrite.

Work from dai, xaki, Luck Ganriki, M. Zakky and Pre-Holder? Definitely can’t wait.

1 Like

Yayyyyyyyy Xaki and M. Zakky and dai? Oh boy. That’s exciting! I can’t wait till we get more news! : )

1 Like

They’re all so beautiful! I want to grab this album no matter what! I wonder why is the album called Haworthia. I can’t really see her being the protagonist, but she doesn’t look like an antagonist herself, if I were to say something she’s more like a narrator. And one with a dazzling voice. I hope we can figure out more after listening to the songs.

Since some people said haworthia is a plant from the family of Aloes from South Africa, i decided to look up the aloes and found the Aloe hereorensis, an African Aloe native to South Africa. So maybe her full name is Aloe Hereorensis Haworthia?

7 Likes

Yeah I was confused–Ok I still am, I thought it was an exclusive 07thMasquerade/Live thing.

This sounds very interesting and I love how we got a comment from the artist yaay!

This is amazing. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Regretfully I can’t go to the music event since we have a shrine ceremony that day, but I definitely want to help translate any of the audio or materials if possible. Im super excited about this news, though!

3 Likes

Do we know if there’s anywhere we’ll be able to purchase this from?

Pretty exciting news! The designs are very interesting, particularly A. H. Haworthia. I’m very hyped for any sound work involving dai, xaki, and all the others. November 3rd will be a great day!

1 Like

As it says in the article and website, it’ll be available for purchase at M3, and later at toranoana and melonbooks.

2 Likes

Time to shell out money at my proxy once again! :glug:

07th Live was last night, and M3 is today. Haworthia is officially released! But it won’t be available commercially for a little while yet.

If anyone here is able to get their hands on a copy, let us know!

1 Like

I hope it’ll be released in regular anime stores! Going out to Akihabara is a bit of a hassle ;; I will definitely be checking my local shops to try and pick up a copy.

It’s coming to Melonbooks and Toranoana at some point.

1 Like