Recollection of a Mafia game [GAME OVER - Lovers' Victory]

That’ll trigger majority vote right? Make certain that it’s not random?

Ah! I’m here now!

AHHHHH

Oh. Quixote dying?

That works, I suppose. Still I fear we are dancing to a certain man’s tune a bit too strictly…

I shall talk more once the morning comes.

Tonight I will look back over the thread, and I advise everyone else to do the same.

1 Like

Should do it. We won’t have to rely on the devil’s roulette now.
Still think it was the wrong choice, but maybe I’m the one who’s wrong here. Let’s hope for it.

@VyseGolbez, we’re at a majority right?

Looks like I’m dead… Goodnight… everyone…

Final Vote Tally

Vote History

Karifean votes EternalMagician
thesorceress votes EternalMagician
UsagiTenpura votes Karifean
Sapphire votes Quixote
Karifean votes Quixote
Blackrune votes EternalMagician
UsagiTenpura votes EternalMagician
EternalMagician votes Quixote
Quixote votes EternalMagician
SleepingPliskin votes Quixote
Doldod votes Quixote
thesorceress votes Quixote

Quixote (6): Sapphire, Karifean, EternalMagician, SleepingPliskin, Doldod, thesorceress
EternalMagician (3): Blackrune, UsagiTenpura, Quixote

Quixote has died, they played the role of Kanon, Human Aligned Silent Furniture

It is now Nighttime. You have 24 hours to send me your night actions, if applicable. This phase ends at 21:53 UTC on the 14th July.

@pictoshark @Blackrune @Karifean @UsagiTenpura @SleepingPliskin @EternalMagician @Doldod @thesorceress @Sapphire

pictoshark has died, they played the role of Chiyo Kumasawa, Human Aligned Mackerel Jester

You have 48 hours to decide on your votes, with this phase ending at 22:15 UTC on the 16th of July.

With 8 players, the majority lynch is at 5. Should a majority be reached, the phase ends early and the votes get locked, with the person nominated being eliminated.

Remember that failing to reach a majority by the end of this phase will cause a random result.

Uuuuuuuuuuuugh

1 Like

I guess for the sake of consistency… and because I have little else to really say for now.

Nobody - Natsuhi - Already dead at the beginning of the game
Nobody - Jessica - Already dead at the beginning of the game
Nobody - Rudolf - Already dead at the beginning of the game
Nobody - Kyrie - Already dead at the beginning of the game
Nobody - Nanjo - Already dead at the beginning of the game
Nobody - Gohda - Already dead at the beginning of the game

King_Titanine_XV - Rosa, Human Aligned Mother of the Year - died on the first day
akafa123 - Maria, Human Aligned Strange Child - died on the first night
Quixote - Kanon, Human Aligned Silent Furniture - died on the second day
pictoshark - Kumasawa, Human Aligned Mackerel Jester - died on the second night

thesorceress - Genji, Chess Enthusiast - Alive
usagitenpura - Hideyoshi, Company President - Alive
sleepingpliskin - Krauss, Future Head - Alive
Karifean - Battler, Witch Hunter - Alive
EternalMagician - Eva, Sharp Tongue - Alive
blackrune - Kinzo, Crazed Summoner - Alive
Sapphire - George, Beloved Son - Alive (additional note : claims to be bound to doldol in life and death status)
doldod - Shannon, Clumsy Servant - Alive (additional note : claims to be bound to Sapphire in life and death status)

Okay I’ll try to be a bit more active and engaged this time. So let me ask, has the detective confirmed me to be human yet and, if alive, is it time for him and anyone else with some kind of investigative abilities to reveal themselves?

Because right now we’re probably down to 6 humans and 2 witches at best and 5 humans and 3 witches at worst. This means that if we lynch another human (like me) this round and Sapphire’s and Doldod’s claim is true we might get down to either 3 humans and 2 witches or 2 humans and 3 witches next day. If it’s the first case then we have to be rather lucky in order to win and in the second case we’re most likely screwed unless there’s a very strange human ability in play.

If my theory above is correct then we have to play rather carefully now if we want to win so it might be time for us to start working together a bit more.

2 Likes

Well after being dumb enough to go for the King lynching and attacking you out of what is essentially boredom (even if I later claimed both you and Quixote were most likely humans) I probably look very bad. I fucked up. I’m definitively not the only one by now. In fact everyone still alive has contributed at least once to kill a human (tho in the case of Blackrune I guess he was killing someone already dead…). It kinda makes us all look pretty bad.

I’d be raising the white flag already if you weren’t going to become active tho, so this is at the very least good news.

Since you have in various ways a more external pov then us, hearing your thoughts by now may prove interesting.

I’d also like to hear @Blackrune on this.

It’s really difficult as I agree with your reflection earlier that it feels like we’re surrounded by a pack of wolves. We have essentially no information about what abilities are (still) in play and no real suspects so any lynch so far has essentially been someone pointing their finger at someone else and then everyone ganging up on them.

But my thoughts at the moment:

usagitenpura - Most likely human, you’ve never really fallen into the gang mentality and have always looked for other suspects so I have a hard time seeing you as a witch.

Sapphire/doldod - Human/Witch? Sapphire was the first one to vote for Quixote. I have a hard time deciding here because while Sapphire at least have played like a new player with a human role and the ability makes sense (i’ve played with a similar one in an earlier game) it was also very convenient and dangerous to announce it that early. So I can see a few possibilities. 1. They are humans and accidentially revealed their roles early 2. There are only two witches and they’re it. Revealing the ability could be dangerous if there’s someone who would check on them but if not then they’re pretty much safe for the rest of the game as no one dares or want to suggest lynching them. 3. They are two out of three witches. Either the same as above or that they actually have that ability but it’s actually on the witches side. I’m leaning towards 1 but it’s something worth thinking about.

Karifean - Witch? Have suspected me since the first day but have always changed his vote when someone else became the focus. A risky move but feels like it could be a witch-tactic.

thesorceress - Difficult to say, haven’t got a read on them. But I wonder why they were so afraid of a random lynch that they changed their vote to Quixote. It was a 1/10 chance they would be killed. Ability?

sleepingpliskin - Difficult to say, haven’t got a read on them. They did however agree with you about Karifean so if Kari is a witch then I’m leaning towards human.

blackrune - Difficult to say, haven’t got a read on them and would like to hear more about their thoughts

1 Like

Well, last day made me trust Usagi about 90% more because saying you’d rather take the RNG when a simple justified switch would have gotten you a free kill seems too crazy from a witch perspective.

So, assuming a reasonable worst case, there are three witches.
In my opinion these are either:
Doldod+Sapphire+ mystery witch X
or:
Three out of Eternalmagician, sorceress, Karifean, and SleepingPliskin.

I’m leaning towards the latter case but it’s hard to rule out a crazy lovers gambit completely.

2 Likes

Well, since I’m also leaning towards Usagi being human the question is do we finally go along with his suspicion regarding Karifean or not? We can’t really afford making any more mistakes. I personally believe that it might be worth it to gamble on Karifean being a witch, but I’m curious about what others think.

So, I take that because me and Doldod are connected to one another we must be witches? I frankly can’t understand the reasoning behind that. If we were both witches, which we are not, well at least I am certain that I myself am not, why would we reveal that we are connected? Sure, it might make us look more like two scared humans or inexperienced players, but from what I see, we have gotten mixed responses regarding our revelation. And we’re already being suspected this round. Ugh… Well, if we were witches and connected to one another, wouldn’t that be a little advantageous for the human side? Especially if we are the only ones, like EternalMagician said? Wouldn’t that make the Game Master biased towards the human side to give us such roles, too? Also, I’ve got nothing to hide and if the detective, if there is one, which I’m guessing there isn’t, considering how everybody is quite confused at this point of the game, were to investigate me or Doldod, they can be certain that none of us are witches. At the very least, that I am not. I asked to be investigated the other night, but oh well, nobody was interested I guess… Also, I think the witches may be benefiting from my and Doldod’s ability and are keeping us alive so that the humans will, at one point, kill both of us. They may be even trying to manipulate the game right now, as there are already some people pointing fingers at me and Doldod. The ones pointing fingers may very well be witches aiming for the humans to do a double kill.

Anyhow, on another note, I suppose I must lay out on the table what I think of the game and of the players’ behaviour at this point. I won’t make any definitive accusations here, I’ll just say what I’m thinking now, and what I say here is likely to change as the game progresses. Anyhow, I agree with the one of you who said that Usagi is probably the most trustworthy player in the game and has kept mostly neutral for the duration of it. I think we should all listen to him a bit more and maybe stay with his neutral viewpoint and maybe go for a No Death this round? That’ll give us more time to contemplate about the game and when the witches kill somebody during the night, as we won’t be the ones doing any killings, it may give us a clue or something to their identities or who they’re aiming for. Also, I must say that I find @EternalMagician asking for the detective to come forward slightly suspicious. I mean, he is right, we really need some information now and the detective’s investigations would help, but this may also be a witch strategy in luring out the detective as the witches may be aiming and missing to kill the detective every night. Though there is definitely a downside to the detective not coming forward, as we truly do need information now… There must be a way for us to get the information and for the detective to be safe, but I don’t know of such a way yet. Also, I am also leaning more towards Karifean being a witch as he truly was leading the game the first day then became completely passive… But I won’t vote for him just yet, like I said, these are not definitive thoughts. Also thesorceress has been quite neutral this game, a good example to follow, but I feel like she’s maybe masking her real thoughts on the game? Maybe, we’ll see… And @Blackrune was quick to agree with EternalMagician on me and Doldod being witches, though that could be just a human being mislead by everything that’s happening. I’d like to hear everybody’s thoughts on what I said.

Anyhow, I truly do feel like this game has been a little too advantageous for the witches, thus a little bit boring. I’m also starting to fear whether the human side has any powers at all to combat the witches, if not, this is too unfair. We humans should all step up our efforts more, now more than ever.

2 Likes

I’m half asleep yet so my thoughts are a bit cloudy, but I’ll try to share my thoughts even tho many are similar to previous ones.

First about Karifean, as it is pretty inevitable :
When I attacked him btw at first I had two thoughts. The first is that I actually did find his all over the place attacks on easy targets to be suspicious, which would’ve made him an interesting gamble if anything. Lots of information could be gathered from learning his allegiance.
But I was far more interested in watching people’s reactions about it. He’s kinda Battler you know (or at least claims to be). I think if I was a witch and Battler was a human he’d be the one I’d be most worried about ability-wise. Yet no one decided to jump on the opportunity I created. It’s possible they figured out I was watching this tho, but I really wanted to check people’s reactions to this and reasoning about it. Quite frankly, the result made me consider him far more suspicious. Add to this, along the same reasoning, that he survived two nights… and I dunno.
But here’s my worry, it’s that from the witch side it probably looked inevitable that I’d attack Karifean again on day 3 and many people would’ve the opportunity to jump on that. I’m currently wondering if I’m not set on a train track to go after him. I’d totally take the chance if it was still the second day, but right now I just want to explore other ideas first.

Second : thesorceress, and in a way, Blackrune. Well first of all I have to admit that thesorceress is kinda suspicious to me, but it’s also possible it’s a sort of naivety. I checked the rulelist again in the first post and it says the witch side can only communicate at night, or at least seems to imply so. I don’t know if this is typical of mafia as this is my first time playing this game. A confirmation of this would be nice as it kinda hinges a lot on this. First of all she is the only one who clearly stated they believed King was human and yet went after them out of “fixing fairness”. Still, I feel that alone is not enough. What I find really odd is that 1/11 chances of dying making them jump on Quixote after I pointed out that it was almost certain he was human. (EternalMagician, it’s 1/11, not 1/10, as there is also the chance of randomly getting “no death”). In comparison even if it’s low, there’s far more chances of a witch dying at random than any single individual. But when I look at the situation it kinda looks as if she was trying to find an excuse to switch to Quixote and wanted me to provide her with that excuse, and when that failed went over the death idea. Am I being paranoid or does it look like that to others as well? Now considering the communication thing, her comment at the beginning of the second day when she first voted against EternalMagician is… I dunno, like “I’m voting against EternalMagician because Karifean does it, but please tell me if I’m wrong there” sorta feels bad to me… It either sounds like she was afraid Karifean was baiting people (if Kari is actually human) or that they’re both witches and couldn’t communicate outside of this. Lastly I’m thinking if she was a witch she was probably hoping me or Blackrune (if he’s human) would jump on Quixote (especially since Blackrune first said he would do so if no majority was reached) but ended up doing it herself when she realized it wouldn’t happen. Now about Blackrune, I’m almost certain he’s human (in fact the most likely one in my case) but there’s possibility that thesorceress is human and he figured out she’d do the switch, still if that’s the case it was cut very short (less than 5 mins) so it sounds a bit too crazy. If anything from my pov the one thing we got out of the previous scenario is that thesorceress made the jump in lieu of Blackrune.
Now I’d really like to hear thesorceress’ defence on this, but quite frankly right now she has the highest suspicion meter out of all of the cast. If Karifean is a witch tho, she was one of the few who were willing to consider the idea when I bought it up - a thing worth mention.

Of course, like many aboves I really feel like Sapphire and doldod may have really confused us there, but at least currently I’m more prone to try risking things elsewhere.

Another possibility is SleepingPliskin who I have no idea what to make out of him, some of his posts have proved to be kinda confusing to me (like thinking that one between Sapphire and doldod may be a witch?) but it seems pretty weak a ground to accuse him out. It’s more likely there are some confusion.

Still when you consider everything it’s pretty amazing how much it all hinges around wether Karifean is human or a witch, so I’d really rather have had that information on the previous day rather than killing someone I was 90% certain was human… but what’s done is done…

I have another set of things I want to bring forward but I’ll post them in another post and I think it will make me sound crazy there… but whatever…

3 Likes

As this is asking for a rule confirmation, I’ll answer this one. Witches are able to access their chat at all times, this is stated in this rule:[quote=“VyseGolbez, post:1, topic:1457”]
They [the witches] do know each other’s identity and get access to a private chat to discuss their strategy and whatnot.
[/quote]

Ah okay thanks, I guess it’s how you wrote it specifically for the night but not the day that bought up this confusion, sorry about this.

@Sapphire The thing is that your revelation makes it very unlikely that anyone risks killing either of you, so while it’s a risky move, it could’ve been a way to make you both “shielded” if you both are witches. I think the scenario everyone has in mind there is that you’d be both lying about your “link” and simply gambled that this would be a good way to protect each other. Still, just typing this out makes me feel it’s unlikely, but I don’t think anyone will be able to remove it out of their head. Just keep in mind that everyone is suspicious in this game.

Now on to my other thing…
Well I just am kinda realizing that VyseGolbez has pointed out this is essentially a 4th and 5th twilight “a la umineko” including with the stakes. Akafa being “close to King” making a perfect twilight is starting to make some eery kind of perfect coincidence there, I’m wondering if the witch side is not bound to make that kind of thing, but it makes me wonder who’d have died along with like… let’s say Krauss, considering Jessica and Natsuhi are already dead. There’s too many people there who are not fitting very well for this.

Still the crazy fear I’m having there is that if we don’t “solve” things by the “9th twilight” well "everyone dies and we’re all going to be gameover.

This is kinda crazy, I’m well aware of this heh. But I can’t really entirely stop thinking about this.

Well I need more coffee for now.

Let’s see. There are 8 players alive, including possibly three witches. If we go with No Death and a double kill is possible, we go down to 6. That’s no good, even if the human side united then we’d only get a 50-50 RNG shot. (not even 50-50, since No Death is also an option and also screw the human side)
So we shouldn’t vote No Death.

@Sapphire To be fair, it’s hard to say whether there are abilities or not seeing how death doesn’t seem to reveal if they had any. I guess we’ll see after the game.

@UsagiTenpura Also not sure what to think of thesorceress and that last second switch. I could still see it for a human and she did try to convince others to switch to Eternalmagician first, but it’s equally possible all of that was just to have a plausible excuse.
Hm… figuring out whether to trust Karifean is probably more important. Compared to the first day I found his behaviour yesterday rather sketchy to be honest, like he just voted and mostly left the thinking to others.
Also his first post today feels so much like the purpose is to set up an act he’ll come forward with later.

1 Like