Recollection of a Mafia game [GAME OVER - Lovers' Victory]

Really? I must have mistook Blackrune for someone else then, let me check the thread again…

Oh, Usagi said it, I think, but he didn’t say anything about her Maria speech, that was from my own thoughts, they must have been mixed up together…

Well the one thing that I may consider here is that after Kari and picto went after King, those who jumped him after could be seen as witches going after an easy target. Out of all these people, akafa had perhaps the weakest of reason, at least at first.

So by killing him that would put doubt if this is what actually happened? Of course this very idea is making my own self suspicious I guess…

Still that’s what I’d like to discuss, in the three scenarios I pointed above, what do you all think happened.

Oh and @Sapphire I’m going to assume you wouldn’t be bad enough to say a cryptic final message that would cast suspicion on you. But I still had to point it out, sorry.

2 Likes

I wish witches would give little cryptic final messages right before they killed someone. I think it would make these games both easier and more fun.

I’ve got a weird little theory that I developed right when I was correcting Sapphire. What if they’re following Blackrune’s list for some reason? The two people he thought were likely humans at the top of his list are now dead. There doesn’t seem to be any reason to do that though, it wasn’t a list shares by a lot of people.

A few additional, more likely, less conspiracy based theories: for one reason or another, they thought she had a power or some kind of ability. One of them had some kind of condition that stated they should kill a certain person. They were allergic to joy because this game is going to down in fun with akafa gone.

As for King’s killing: I wouldn’t be surprised if at least of the people who voted for King was a witch; it was a pretty easy bandwagon to join. They might not have though, we managed to mess up that situation pretty well ourselves. (I maintain I did the right thing but I still feel pretty bad about it.) Anybody else have thoughts on either of these deaths?

2 Likes

@Karifean and @pictoshark. You guys are good at this stuff, I’m especially interested to hear your thoughts.

Ok, that’s really suspicious @Sapphire. You seemingly got mixed up between @UsagiTenpura, @Blackrune posts with your own? Seems like you’re covering yourself. Not only that, you’ve been careful as to what you’ve posted. This seems like deliberate than anything else.

1 Like

Yeah I was pretty sure about akafa being human-aligned. I don’t think anybody else commented on that though, so it seems unlikely the witches killed them because they were too trusted. It’s a strange pick compared to the more active players they could have gone for.
Also regarding those 3 possibilities, it’s likely some witches contributed to that lynch train since it was so easily justified with the whole cheating angle.

2 Likes

@SleepingPliskin @thesorceress
Considering how closely to each other you all voted for King (alongside akafa) I was quite honestly already considering you three to be a potential group of suspects. Well especially Pliskin and akafa who could’ve joined the bandwagon after thesorceress’ vote made it reach a “reasonable treshhold” of 4 people.

Now that’s been smashed by akafa’s death just saying that this could’ve been the point… Sorry I have to be suspicious of everything right now.

I’ll wait to consider casting a serious vote as akafa’s death really caught me by surprise, and perhaps most of us… Pliskin’s idea of a surprise attack sure is working at least as any thoughts I had before learning of it has been thrown into confusion.

?

I voted because @pictoshark prompted me to. I can’t speak to the other two in that group and I especially can’t speak for the dead one, but I think I’ve made my reasoning for voting very clear.

Goodness, goodness, you’re going a bit too far with that uncle Krauss… I swear it was from my own thoughts, I thought it up then disregarded it later, as I see no reason for Akafa’s Maria speech to have been suspicious, so that’s why I must have pinned it on somebody else, cause I didn’t agree with it anymore.

Also everybody, I have an announcement to make. I know this is an unfit time to make it, after aunt Rosa and Maria have been found dead, but I fear whether all of us will get out alive from this island, so I want to make this known. Me and Doldod are partners, right, Shannon, I mean, Sayo? @Doldod

Partners, not as in witches, or maybe I’m lying about that. :upside_down:. I mean partners as in that, we are in love with one another, and my PM in which my role was stated, it was also stated that me and him are partners, and if one of us dies, so will the other. I didn’t reveal this earlier, cause I thought it was too early to give away too much information and for others to know that I already know somebody who’s human on this gameboard.

Take this post as you will, but I have to make this known.

This is very interesting information indeed. @Doldod, do you corroborate this?

I entirely forgot who is Eva now. Hmm. Eternal_Magician?
In any case while this is interesting I will say that I haven’t received such a message about Eva.

I wonder if Doldod received the same thing about you, or if only one of the two is informed on the matter?

I mean if Akafa was bound by the same rule and knew it, would he have voted to gut king? Very unlikely.

So either only one was aware of this, or these two weren’t bound in that way, or you’re making it up.

It is true, I am not making it up. And Doldod must know, I think, but I’m not sure. Either way, if he doesn’t, you can always investigate me, right? And see that I’m human and that I’m not kying about Doldod being human too…

Is this a loss condition or is this a death condition? As in, does it mean that is @Doldod dies you also die? Or do you just lose the game? I had one of those my first game and my partner died so I lost, but I stayed in the game.

If it’s a death condition, then the King and akafa thing is possible. If it’s just a loss condition, it’s a different sort of scenario.

We’re going to have to wait for Doldod to confirm this situation.

It is a death condition.

If he dies, I die.

This is not the best information to put out there because it means the witches can try for a double-kill.
Of course if we can trust it we would have the advantage for now, seems to match up with your character identities at least.

1 Like

Gosh, you’re right, I might’ve made a mistake there. :confounded:

Just an important reminder here if we’re going to make speculation based on Umineko - VyseGolbez hasn’t read Chiru and this remains essentially a spoiler free thread, at least past arc4. (at least I think he hasn’t read chiru, but in any case this is still a spoiler free thread)

Before someone says something they really shouldn’t, I’m reminding people of this just in case.

3 Likes

Obviously. No point trying to figure this out with information the GM isn’t privy to.
Still, this does suggest that there might be some method to the roles, seeing how George and Shannon share a bond in Umineko as well.
This should seem more plausible to people who also have an ability that fits their character.
On the other hand, if your ability seems more unfitting or random, you may want to lean towards doubting this.
Something worth thinking about for those with abilities.