Recollection of a Mafia game [GAME OVER - Lovers' Victory]

On EternalMagician?

Maybe I’m missing something, sometimes I do, but I didn’t think that was an inherently suspicious statement. What’s making you suspect them so badly? Not wanting to vote or something else?

I’m not 100% against the idea it just seems very hasty. What am I missing here?

How about introductions first, no? Straight to the killings? :persevere:
Beatrie would be so angry, if she sees this! :disappointed:

The statement of wanting to be in the middle ground got it for me.

THAT and the fact that they pointed out the supposed meta yet decided not to push it.

I’m sticking to no vote as well, as we have no plausible evidence of anything, only assumptions at this point.

Suddenly Nietzsche is a thing in this, I’m so confused…

Well I said that’s normal in other communities but not in this one or so I thought but apparently not. And the reason why I said I’d rather put myself in the middle ground is because I’d rather not vote for someone without evidence (which is why I didn’t even put down a No Vote) until we know more.

Sleeping, have you played Mafia before? No vote is different than no death, just so that you know. No vote won’t count for anything, no death is voting for no one to die.

@akafa123, that’s what I said. But without the Beatrice part.

@EternalMagician. People have some thoughts about you. If you’re a human, I’d put up a defense.

…two things.

1. You may be confusing No Vote with No Death.
  2. If you want evidence, don’t wait around for it, create it yourself.

Also Usagi, just Dies irae things.

Thanks

Quite honestly as a new player myself this is the kind of things I’d have liked written in the rules above there. I do feel like I’m fighting a bit in the dark here.

Whatever, it doesn’t really matter I’ll just probably more or less wing it along the way. That’s how games are really meant to be played I guess.

Then a question, does a “No vote” makes the person’s vote entirely not count, as in if 11 people doesn’t vote and a single person votes for something, that person wins? Or does a majority still needs to be reached.

It’s first past the post, so yes, 1 single vote will win if everyone else No Votes. Everyone is on No Vote by default every day. No Death is the actual counter vote against killing anyone, and it works just the same as executing any single person - if it gets the majority, no one dies.

1 Like

Thanks, that helps clearing things out, hopefully not just for me.

Events trigger at a majority. If six people vote EternalMagician, they die. If six people vote No Death, nighttime happens and no one dies. Otherwise, whatever has the most votes once nighttime is reached, then that happens. So, if nighttime falls and there is four no deaths and three EternalMagician votes, there’s no death. I’m pretty certain.

I don’t know how no votes work, exactly. Someone more experienced might explain.

People vote it to cancel their old vote to nothingness.

@UsagiTenpura Right, I almost forgot.

This means that if any target (or No Death) gets 7 votes at any point during the day phase, the day phase is locked down and ends instantly. Naturally this stifles discussion at best so it rarely happens unless Mafia invoke it deliberately.

7! Not 6. Sorry about that.

Well thanks again about these clarifications.

Moving on. This is definitively not strategic in any ways, but out of some amount of bitterness I will admit right away that I’d rather lose than seeing people who doesn’t post much/at all win. I’m also aware that several people would chose to not stand out should they be in villainous roles however, so I’m not sure how bad a decision that is in the first place. Obviously there is still a lot of time left and people can get busy.

You guys seem to forget this little part in the rules.

So in this situation it would actually be entirely random.

There’s only a handful of people who haven’t posted yet and I’m sure they’re just real-life busy right now. But, if they’re around @Blackrune, @Quixote, @Doldod, @Sapphire. Any thoughts on the proceedings as they are?

Also, as I’ve stated previously, introductions are fun. Sharing information is caring and caring helps us understand write-ups and win games.