Rokkenjima Festival of Mayhem - Event: Character Conversion Challenge

buymeasandwichyounep
Welcome one and all to the second day of our festivities. I trust that yesterday was enjoyable and that you were able to complete our challenges. While we enjoy the fruits of your labor I will entrust you with another challenge. In this challenge we will test your powers of persuasion; a worthy test for any witch.

Character Conversion Challenge

This challenge will require your team to band together to put together an impeccable argument to persuade us, your judges, as well as your peers that generally poorly perceived 07th characters actually contain depth that not even Ryukishi could fathom. The most ā€˜persuasiveā€™ team for the least likely character wins.

Make sure to keep your arguments relatively brief (about 1-3 paragraphs) and try to avoid spoilers if possible. If not possible then tag spoilers for those who have not read the work in question, providing context in parenthesis as usual.

As with most of our other challenges we will be scoring you by giving the first place 4 points, second gets 3 points, third and fourth get 2 and late submissions get 1.

The deadline for submission will be Wednesday, 11:30 am UTC. Enjoy day two!

1 Like

teamavvie

Team Goldenslaughterers submission:

1 Like

thefiveelementsofdesire

Team 5 Elements of Desireā€™s submission:

Team SleepingVerborum and RKW Berrisā€™ submission:

2 Likes

The Goatdatricers

Team Goatdatricersā€™ submission:

Thanks for all of your submissions~ Judging and scoring will be done within the next 24 hours.

Character Conversion Challenge - Verdicts

#4 goes to Team 5 Elements of Desire (+2 points)

Kari: I like the idea of her fate being basically her hopes and dreams dashed to pieces for the sake of our oh so great protagonists; Iā€™d have appreciated tying it to her current personality as we know it a bit more though.
Sera: While I certainly appreciate that you made her sympathetic you havenā€™t really argued that sheā€™s a good character so much as just added a tragic backstory.
Vyse: Well for me this is only a character that died off-screen at the beginning of Tatarigoroshi, so I canā€™t really comment on this one.

#3 goes to Team Goatdatricers (+2 points)

Kari: Interesting analysis, really sells you on the character. Seems pretty much in line with what the character is intended to be though ^^
Sera: Although I didnā€™t know who this character was I am now really intrigued and I look forward to reading the manga
Vyse: You certainly sold us on the character, I am intrigued to learn more about him.

#2 goes to Team Goldenslaughterers (+3 points)

Kari: Awesome writeup! Taking everything we know about Teppei and recontextualizing it in a natural way. Great work.
Sera: This kind of thing was almost exactly what I had in mind with this event. You made a unlikeable character deep.
Vyse: This really reminded me of the whole argument of looking at a character with love. Good job!

#1 goes to Team SleepingVerborum and RKW Berris (+4 points)

Kari: If only Ryukishi realized the amazingness that is Hideyoshi Ushiromiyaā€¦
Sera: This was fantastic and I loved how it brought in some silliness
Vyse: I loved both your argument itself and how you presented it. I certainly had a hearty laugh. HIDEYOSHI-Beatrice when? :stuck_out_tongue:

Thank you one and all for your participation in this event. Congratulations and we look forward to seeing you in the days to come.

2 Likes