Rokkenjima Festival of Mayhem - Event: Magical Character Creation

buymeasandwichyounep
Gather round, friends, and join us in another event. In this your Google Images and shitposting skills are put to the test. In this challenge we ask you to create your very own magical characters out of everyday objects.

Magical Character Creation

This challenge will require you to do two things. One is to find an image of a ordinary household item or a character who could be taken as such. You may take a picture from around your house or find one from Google. You may even wish to take an image from right here on Rokkenjima. After you have found an image (and optionally edited it to your liking), make a magical character around that image. The character flavor text should be in the style of the TIPS information section in Umineko.

Below is an example of a character.

The scoring, as before will award 4 points to the winner, 3 to second and third, 2 to fourth and fifth, and 1 to any late submissions. Be sure to have fun and talk among your team.

The deadline for submissions is Tuesday, 11:30 am UTC. Good luck and have fun!

3 Likes

teamavvie

Team Goldenslaughterers submission:

2 Likes

Team SleepingVerborum and RKW Berris submission:

2 Likes

The Goatdatricers

Team Goatdatricers submission:

2 Likes

Thanks to all who submitted! Judging and scoring will be done within the next 24 hours.

I wonder if we’ll ever see fanfiction involving these characters~

thefiveelementsofdesire

Team 5 Elements of DESIRE (late) submission:

3 Likes

Magical Character Creation - Verdicts

#3 goes to Team Goldenslaughterers! (+3 points)

Kari: This sounds like it’s part of a grander tale ^^ When’s Part 2 and where can I buy it?
Sera: I liked this one okay but I wasn’t sure what the household item was supposed to be. Potpourri?
Vyse: Quite the interesting backstory.

#2 goes to Team Goatdatrice! (+3 points)

Kari: Poor Wally ;_; This one was my personal favorite. I love how real the abuse of the wallet feels. I mean, who can’t relate to that? Goddamnit Gaben stop abusing our wallets, they can’t take it anymore! (Didn’t get the other references though, unfortunately)
Sera: I thought this was great. Obviously lots of work put in and very funny.
Vyse: This one was another funny and certainly relatable character.

And #1 goes to Team SleepingVerborum and RKW Berris! (+4 points)

Kari: That drawing is amazing~ And I also just love the concept of an extremely devoted kitchen pan, ngl =P
Sera: Absolutely love it. It was great how you incorporated the team’s mascot in the character.
Vyse: I like how her entire concept fits with your team backstory. And it’s also a really fun character!

While we’re at it, let’s also take a look at Team 5 Elements of DESIRE’s unfortunately late submission.

Kari: I wanna take her home~ so cute. I know some people who would totally bow to a Witch of Coffee. I wish her best of luck in her endeavors =P
Sera: All hail the all-powerful witch of coffee. Patron witch of students everywhere. I think this might have been my favorite.
Vyse: Ahh, she’s too cute >.< I really wanna see her become a full-fledged Witch of Coffee!

+1 point for the submission, and we really hope to see more of you guys in the next events. This was great!

4 Likes

For those wondering about the references in the tale of poor Wally the wallet…

Umineko characters should be obvious to this crowd, I hope. :sweating:

Gaben is Gabe Newell and the Steam Summer and Winter Sales.

The con season characters are supposed to be convention mascot characters. Gabe and Tycho as avatars of Pax, Hiroko-Chan, Hiroshi-kun and Crabby-Chan are all Otakon mascots, and I believe Shiro-san also comes from another convention though I don’t remember which one.

Let me also say that I deliberately went wall of text because I have no drawing skills and take no credit for the art, which was pulled from Deviant Art, done by a very talented person who goes by mastertubaman and here is a link to their page.

Good game all, and congratulations to Team SleepingVerborum and RKW Berris.

3 Likes

I cried, laughed , and despaired. Poor Wally

1 Like