Rokkenjima Games Club!

Playing games with and/or against others, I find, is a good exercise in fostering some forms of connections in communities. It’s always a good opportunity to get to know people outside of what they do on the forums, and it can often help break the ice between different community members.

Our club will try to adapt to an increasingly complicated society, through various conditions, at times prosperity, at times adversity…

…Basically, this is a topic for the discussion of multiplayer games, and the organization of people who share an interest in the same sorts of games. It can be almost anything so long as it is a multiplayer experience; while I play single player games myself, discussion of those isn’t the goal of this topic.

However, let me make this clear! These are not kiddy games. They’re serious! Every game you play with us will be so serious, that your life will be at risk!

…Essentially, while obviously I cannot set up punishment games, in the spirit of the club I’d like everyone to play to the best of their abilities.

Example starting points:

• Do you have any games you own that you’re looking for other players in?
  • Any recommendations for a multiplayer game you think would be fun to play within the community?
  • Preferred genres of multiplayer games? (ex. FPS, fighter)
  • An estimate of times you may be available?

So let’s get this ball rolling! I’ll toss out the games that I have myself.

I use Steam for games, and in my collection I own Skullgirls, Blazblue CSE and CPE, Don’t Starve Together, Duck Game, Garry’s Mod, Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN-, Melty Blood AACE, 100% Orange Juice, and Tabletop Simulator.

Bolded are the ones I play frequently and would be most interested in playing again, but I’d be willing to consider any one of them, provided other people have them. I tend to lean most towards fighters in terms of multiplayer, but I also really like 100% Orange Juice, because it’s easy to learn but a little difficult to master. If anything I’d recommend that game, as it’s pretty cheap and simple.
Often I’m available from around 5PM-9PM, Pacific Standard Time, but it really depends on the day, and I can give a more accurate window when asked about a particular day.

I hope to hear some good suggestions!

8 Likes

My multiplayer games are 100% Orange Juice, Terraria, Don’t Starve Together (still don’t know how to play exactly), and Civilization V.

I am usually available from 5pm to 10pm Pacific Standard time.

Garry’s Mod, 100% Orange Juice and Civilization V all come to mind for me. I’m not very good at real time strategy or 2D fighters, but I can play most other genres~

Another idea is The Ship. Admittedly I’ve never played it myself, but I’ve heard good things and it seems like a very fitting game for our cohort here. A competitive murder mystery game. I’d love to try it out with you guys.

2 Likes

Oh, good. I was worried it’d involve gambling money, which I don’t have.

I generally also use Steam, though I also have some console games. Here are the games involving multiple people that I have and love to play, in Fibonacci order of significance:

Hearts of Iron IV; Crusader Kings II; Civilization V; people hunting; 100% Orange Juice; Mass Effect 3 MP (on Origin); Battlefield 4 (on Xbox One); Company of Heroes 2; and any of the Total War games. And chess. I love chess. Multiplayer chess, with 2 or 4 players. Yes: 4 player chess. It’s great. You should play.

I’m usually available whenever you see me on Steam, but to be more specific, my time zone is EST (UTC-4). Usually available in the midafternoon to evening and sometimes late at night.

The multiplayer games I own on Steam are 100% Orange Juice, 200% Mixed Juice and Skullgirls. I’m really big on OJ in particular, so if we could get together on that, that would be great. I’m really up for anything that’s easy to pick up and play, although I’m tight on funds for getting new multiplayer games. ._.

I dislike FPSs and competitive fighters, but I do like cooperative party games, if any exist on Steam.

My timezone is Central Standard Time, and I’m usually up from around 8am to 8pm. On weekends I may be up as late as 10pm CST, but no longer.

I have toooo many games to really list… so I’ll add a steam link to my game list. My games.
Fun multiplayer games… 100% OJ is great, Tabletop simulator is amazing if you have the players, and any game that works over long distance… Australian ping sucks for fast paced stuff.
Preferred genre… anything that isn’t sport really. But I very much enjoy FPS and RPG.
Any time more or less, until I have uni again, weekends are the best.
EDIT: I play osu! a crap ton, so if anyone plays that…hit me up and we can do some vs games :slight_smile:

1 Like

The Ship is rather fun and I’d love an excuse to go back, but don’t think too highly of its murder mystery aspect. It’s chaotic fun and very clever but its nothing special in that specific regard.

Finding an actual murder mystery game would be interesting though. Have you guys played “Mafia” games before? They’re good slow games for forums when you have a very large and active community, but for smaller groups and casual players you can jump into EpicMafia which is a great replication of the game.

1 Like

We have some interactive murder mystery games going on (well, only one currently) in the Gameboards category. I’m sure some variation of Mafia could work well as its own gameboard.

1 Like

Oooh I’d be interested in playing OJ with people, though I’ve gotten pretty rusty since I haven’t played in a while. My friends who played it with me stopped playing. :frowning:

1 Like

I play a lot of Civilization V with people from Kazamatsuri, anybody interested in that?

(That, and unhealthy amounts of Final Fantasy XIV!)

2 Likes

Oh right, I forgot and haven’t touched it in quite some time but I actually play starcraft2 if anyone’s interested in playing with me :grin:.

1 Like

I forgot I had SC2 along with Heart of the Swarm but last time I played my highest fps in late game is literally 2 and most of the time it’s 0

1 Like

You mean due to lag?
… that’s… um bad ^^;;

Epic mafia was a really good site for multiplayer games, and there were even decks where you could be Higurashi or Umineko characters to anonymize everyone. It’s just a basic mafia game with optional roles to make things fun or silly, where the town tries to guess the Mafia and kill them while the Mafia tries to make it so there’s more Mafia than villagers. While you could pay for things, it was free, you just needed an account.

It was popular when Dangan had its hey day, but people ruined that community by taking it too seriously. But ignoring them wouldn’t be a problem.

I used to play a lot of 100% Orange Juice; I guess I even played it once or twice with the guys from here! Although I’ve barely played it recently. I kinda miss that.

What I have been playing recently is Trouble in Terrorist Town. I recently set up a private Garry’s Mod server to play with my other friends from around here, and have invited a few other people from various places. Last time, we even got @StarTurner to join in (and he whooped our asses a few rounds, lol). But yeah, next time I start up the server, I should let you guys know via Discord so you can all join in if you’re free :smiley: Unfortunately, since the server is located in Japan, while it has good ping for us, it gives fairly bad ping for people in the US and Europe… orz

1 Like

The Ship is like TTT but better!

It’s 66% off right now guys, come on, let’s have a tanoshii murder party time together!

2 Likes

No its because my graphics card is trash

Guys! This is a lot less cool than what you’re suggesting but perhaps a bit easier, and a tad mystery related. Why don’t a bunch of us play Town of Salem together! We could set up a time that works for most and play each other. It could be fun, I think. We could pretend that instead of Salem it’s Hinamizawa or Rokkenjima! Hehe

By the way: if anyone’s playing Overwatch, you should post your Battle.net tag! Like this: AgentYoda#1601 (add me!) and we can play!

Mine is StarTurner#6303, I’m only on the Americas Battle.net region though!

1 Like