Rokkenjima Mafia - Game II [Game Over - Human Side Victory]

Yes, I am in agreeance with Wonderlander here. Your insistence on these rules is a bit concerning, since you seem eager to out anybody who doubts you as one of the witch side. But, at least right now I see no reason to ignore that logic.

Still not sure who is in my best interests to vote on, though.

1 Like

Good! This is the right attitude to have! Think about the rules yourself! Do not be brought in by others words alone. We have time. In fact, to avoid a majority being reached, to give us time to think about what we shall do,

Change Vote: No Vote

I will switch back to Pepe later on, or when we have finished planning in the open. But the faster we reach a majority the less time we have to plan (which is bad).

Now… I am likely to die tonight, as I am a Human and I seem to be sticking out. The nail that sticks out will be hammered down after all.

However, there are four situations in which I will not die.

1. The witch side attempt to kill me, but i am protected

2. The witch side would have attempted to kill me, but they fear the protect action so much, that they opt to hit someone else, fearing they will waste their kill for the night.

3. The witch side deduce that it would be better to kill someone else, rather than strike me, feeling that if I am not killed, then my credibility will drop to such a point that i will no longer be a problem to them

4. I am secretly a Witch. Huhuhuhuhu.

It is important to consider all of these scenarios, along with the one where I am killed, and wonder if holding an open debate on how to use my ability is a wise move.

If I do so, it may increase my target value. After all some people in this game do not have abilities. If I reveal my ability, then the consequences could prove dire.

Still I’m leaning towards revealing it.

Another tactic on the board then: We should discuss whether I should reveal my ability. If we decide to, then we should further discuss how I should use it. Obviously, I should then use it in the manner agreed upon.

Also we do not know if there is a protector in this game, and my strategy kind of assumes there is. If there is one, it would be disastrous for them to reveal their identity openly. I repeat, the protector should absolutely not reveal their identity openly.

Finally one last tactic: We should declare who we will vote for, but not vote yet. We need to consider the matter of my ability first. Then we can lock in our votes.

Just kidding! One more: Remain diligent! There are probably around two or three enemies among our ranks (judging by their numbers in last game).

Huhuhuhuhu…

Has that shaken up your precious little game, @Rabla?

Our side WILL BE VICTORIOUS! The Crimson Sorcerer’s gameboard shall be broken to pieces! We will play by our own rules!

You’re several thousand years too early to challenge me, sir @Pictoshark. And I feel like you may have too much faith in your companions here.

However, your moves are intriguing. A wonderful addition to my Players.

Let’s hope you can stick around to see it through, hahahahaha!

1 Like

Was that a slip of the tongue there, old geezer? Couldn’t the way you’re taunting me be taken as confirmation that I am indeed, Human Aligned?

I think you’re getting a bit senile to be honest with you. To make such a rookie mistake… Perhaps you should leave all the excitement to us younger gents and lasses? This can’t be good for your heart, huhuhuhuhu.

I also agree that it is concerning and, also depending on your view, rather suspicious… but there are no proof and I don’t want to suspect anyone in my family just yet… so I’ll stand here against the wall for a while longer and see what will happen before I put down a vote.

What an interesting game we seem to have here! We all seem very quick to try to hurt one another as well. What a ruthless set of pieces~
I think I will hold off on voting until I recieve a bit more information. Quick action seems a bit dangerous at the moment and I would like a better idea of what is going on.

A question: what is the advantage of revealing who your character is? Is there a disadvantage?

OOC: It gives away information, someone who is Battler is likely to be a detective, things like that.

Also the Witches OBVIOUSLY don’t want to do it.

Also posting screenshots of the PM is against the rules, and even if someone quotes it they could be lying.

I guess revealing your role also shows you as eager to gain trust, which could be seen as an untrustworthy action in and of itself.

My glorious yellow tactics are not rules, they are merely advice. Of course, if someone chooses not to heed them then should justify why, just as a courtesy.

If someone gives a compelling argument as to why my tactics are bad, then I will change or retract them (in later posts, as we can’t edit).

I am open to criticism, @Aspirety.

Still, not trusting them outright is absolutely the way to go! I like my allies to be strong independent figures, anyone who accepts a stupid tactic blindly will be seen as a foolish weakling. Our forces must be strong if we are to flip over this board and show this supposed “Crimson Sorcerer” @Rabla who is really in control of this game.

So, about my role reveal plan! Any thoughts?

Well, anything you say is also learnt by witches, so it is a big risk. But if you think it is a risk worth taking… It is up to you.

I’ll wait for more input. If we think they’ll kill me tonight then we should use it. Unfortunately we don’t have much to go on as far as using it goes.

It’s exactly because they put us in danger, don’t you see! Who knows when these pieces would turn against us and cause our own downfall? It’s happened before, it very may well happen again! Unless we give our pieces respect can we expect to be respected by them.

I don’t see it revealing any less information than a “random” vote. Even if, say, it was not random, there hasn’t been anything that has happened that can ensure that their vote has meaning. Even if, say, you were a witch, and you were voting against me, a human, it wouldn’t mean anything as you could have voted for any of the handful of other humans.

There is a teeny flaw there; one could easily counter-vote from the results of the previous vote. Should nothing important be revealed during the events of the twilight, I would not hesitate to vote you again, simply because you voted for me this round.

Speaking from experience here, but that isn’t necessarily true. You claim that because you insist so much on a strategy beneficial for the humans, then that will be assurance that the witches will hunt you. Frankly, the witches (of course, depending on the witches) don’t give a damn about that. It’s so very easy to trick people that implementing these rules won’t make a dent in their plans. You seem so overly confident in your plans that you believe you pose a danger to the witches but, really, stop being full of yourself.

As you are the most vocal right now, I think I have a fairly solid initial view on you. Sure, you’re a human. I don’t doubt that at the moment. But you are quite arrogant about it. You suggest things fairly early on in the game, some of them not making too much sense too early on. You claim to glean information off of the voting process, but fail to explain how. What information can be gained from random voting? Why is counter-voting detrimental? How can having certain people vote first be helpful to us in any way. Unless you explain this masterful strategy of yours, I doubt the witches will care all that much with what you are trying to push. In fact, they might let you do as you wish while your strategy remains flawed.

You do stick out, but in a good way. And believe me, the witches will use that to their advantage.

Let’s talk about your points one-by-one then. Show you a bit of perspective.

Why should we discuss this? Why does it matter who holds what ability? By having everyone know your ability, then that means even the witches could control you through suggestions during daylight, or have their way with you during twilight. So, no, do not reveal your ability.

But, there is value to be gained from your suggestion. We should discuss how to use each ability on the board. For this round we can assume some of the abilities from the previous round. For example, protector, tracker, switcher, and so on. Once we have the information from twilight (aka the stories), we can deduce the abilities that are available.

From that deduction, we can suggest how to further use those abilities without specifically telling a person to do it. We can suggest that the tracker must track a specific person, as he might have an ability. Or we can suggest that the protector should protect a certain suspicious, but trustworthy person.

Sure, I can agree with that, as it connects well with what I’ve already suggested.

I’m 50-50 on this one. It was my fault for voting hastily the last gameboard that caused our downfall. However, allowing yourself to be influenced by suggestions by the players on this board also makes you susceptible to wrong decisions. If you aren’t sure who to vote, ask the audience. If you have a strong belief ion who to vote for, then lock in that vote; at the very least, it’ll give us information because you locked in that vote. Whereas pushing that vote after discussion would make you more trustworthy, even if your vote might put an innocent person in danger.

I have a better question for you: How does counter voting not obstruct information? You aren’t making any sense! Sure it may not obstruct much information at this point in the game, but if the witch side waits and then counter votes for over half of the rounds then that is a serious drought of information we’ll have going there.

I’ll explain the purpose behind my first yellow tactic:

Counter voting is a VERY good way of avoiding conflict, funnily enough. You just say, “I had to man” and “you know how it is”. Human beings like simple things that avoid stress and conflict. Counter voting looks like a very good idea from an individual’s selfish perspective, even if they are on the Human side. However, it tells us very little. C’mon, you can’t deny that.

The idea behind my tactic is to make it impossible for a player to just “bot” there way through counter voting at literally every opportunity. It also creates a disincentive for counter voting itself, as people might think “Oh, I can’t be bothered to go through going first next round”, so they might not counter vote.[quote=“Pepe, post:50, topic:678”]
Speaking from experience here, but that isn’t necessarily true. You claim that because you insist so much on a strategy beneficial for the humans, then that will be assurance that the witches will hunt you.
[/quote]

That is not my assertion, my assertion is that I am talking a lot. Therefore I have a higher chance of dying than someone like @SuperM.

When you have no information, assume the most likely thing will happen. That’s the logical thing to do.

And now onto your second post…

Now THAT is some dangerous thinking. I was only grappling onto a protector being present because I viewed it as my only means of survival. However, there is no rule that states that certain rules will be in play. Maybe there are three detectives? Maybe every human is a switcher?

#WE LACK THE INFORMATION TO ASSUME ANYTHING ABOUT THE ROLES.

There may not be a protector. There may be no switchers. WE HAVE NO CLUE

Without some reds from @Rabla such as “there is only one of each role” or “these specific roles are involved in the game” we cannot assume anything.

We are blind in the dark without a key. I see why you empathize with your meatdoll so much, because without the light of the speculation you so desperately push away, you’re just as blind as that pathetic little thing down there!

Onto your good points.

All good points. (apart from the one I pointed out earlier) I like my allies to be smart, and right now (looking at these specific points in isolation at least) you look pretty smart.

Also some abilities are useless to discuss. The Switcher’s ability is useless if the witches’ know what the target will be.

OR SO YOU WOULD THINK!

Kuhuhu. We could propose multiple switch ideas in the public forum and choose one of them randomly and use it. This would make the witches hesitant to use powers on any of the people named, as long as the pairings were laid out well enough, and we only chose, like 2 or 3 pairings.

It’s not 100% useful, and we could let the switcher do their own thing at critical moments. Still it gives us a way to discuss the most undiscussable ability! It may not be ideal, but it’s not too bad, right?

But seriously, don’t forget the roles layout could be completely different this time around.

One more thing:

OH COME ON! You think I’m human, right? Why are you STILL gonna vote for me next round?

Just kidding, I have another thing:

I’d love to hear this story. A gamepiece turning against it’s owner? This should be a good one. C’mooooooon give me details of how it happened.

Saying that counter-voting obstructs information assumes that not counter-voting gives information. You are pushing the assumption that by placing an unbiased vote, you are giving off information. By making the vote biased by other votes (ergo, counter-voting), that information disappears.

What I am not convinced of as of yet is that assumption. It seems intuitive that, yes, placing an unbiased vote will give you information about the players. But I cannot believe that yet until there is a pattern of gaining information from voting patterns more than just it being random choices. Human minds are more complex than that, and if you try to push too much information gathering on voting patterns that have been controlled, you risk misleading yourself.

So I theorize that counter voting does not obstruct information because by removing counter-voting you gain no information at all. In fact, by letting people vote freely, there is more information to be gained. For example, if a player counter-votes one turn, then doesn’t counter-vote the next turn, they can be confronted about their decision. From there, more information can be gained as opposed to having them simply be forced not to counter-vote.

Finding inconsistencies like these is where I plan to gain information in this game.

Two issues:
A) You have no proof that you being killed is something that is "most likely"
B) Even if you have proof that it is most likely, that in itself is an appeal to probability. Just because it is likely does not mean it is safe to assume that it’ll happen.

That much is true. We do not. But after the twilight, we do. If we see no sign of “protection” from the description of the twilights, then we can remove that assumption altogether. Which is why I specified for this round. If none of the actions described during twilight agree with our pre-conceived notions of abilities, then it is up to us to research other possible abilities, and try to attach them to the twilights. As the twilights increase, we can insert each ability into each character and each situation and as they contradict each other less and less, we will be assured of the kind of abilities that exist, and discuss how best to use them, without revealing anybody’s information.

Ya dig?

Sure, sure. We could even propose switching to be done so as to effect ability users who aren’t witches. The possibilities are numerous. One thing for sure is that we should not suggest a switcher’s ability to be used for the sake of protection against the witches. That’s for the protector to do, right? :wink:

Who says I will still think you are human once the next round rolls in :smiley:

Allow me to bring up the example of one Mr. Koubu. An honest man whose piece was so hell-bent on challenging the game that he openly accepted death from the vote, so as to please the crimson sorcerer. His piece was driven to madness; an example we had best learn from.

(actually, not really. he was just cray cray)

1 Like

Aww don’t be like that Karifean, what are the chances that I’m on the witch side again? Why you do this to me? Can’t we just be friends? But this time, I forgive you, after all, the game has only just begun. I’ll see how this game goes in the next few hours before I vote to do anything.

What about the silent people? Any ideas? Guesses? The first quarter of the time limit is already over…

We need to talk. Staying in the shadows won’t help us @Necem @RegNewmont @SuperM! We have to stick together!

I am thinking about voting one of them if they keep their silence, but I might be a bit too hasty, seeing as they might not have had the time to read.

As for the random switchers idea, it is kinda… Off?? With 2-3 pairings, there will be some people who are bound to be not in those pairs, and they will be the most likely targeted by the witch side. Two, switching this early is also disadvantageous to the humans, who have investigative roles, protective roles, watcher roles, and they will get all tangled up. And if the people getting switched are unaware of their switch, then what compels the switcher to even switch according to the topic. The switcher could say he did switch A and B but he actually switched C and F and none would be the wiser.

Maybe there isn’t even a switcher. :stuck_out_tongue:

Given Pepe’s post, I can’t help but feel that I too am against the idea of preventing people from counter-voting. I’m much more in favour of granting members the freedom to make the choices they wish, and analysing those choices. Restricting their movements this early in the game is not in our best interests.

1 Like

I want to stay low for the time being and let the other people make the big discussions. If I see something that I highly agree or disagree with, I will make sure to voice my opinion.

I don’t see any sense in voting randomly so I won’t vote for anyone now.

I mean, voting randomly is pretty much all you can do at this point. Any more than that is baseless accusation.

If everybody would vote randomly it wouldn’t matter but there are a few people who won’t vote randomly. The witches know who they want to kill. To avoid that they do what they want, wouldn’t it be good to let fate decide for now? Everybody says no vote and this way nobody would be able to kill the person he wants to see dead. It’s only really random if we do it like that.

1 Like

@Necem has a point though. If we vote randomly and lynch somebody now, the odds of that person being a witch is 1/6 if we have 2 witches. Whereas there are 5/6 chances of us lynching a human. Last round you never missed a chance to lynch, and well… Humans lost the game. I think we should have some sort of basis to push a vote before random lynching. If you have a basis for your vote though?

Anyways, I am formally casting my vote.

Vote: No Death

Inb4 I die for not lynching. :stuck_out_tongue: