Rokkenjima Mafia - Game IV [Game Over - Human Side Victory]

Once again, I fall asleep and just like last time, the game is already fucking done. Also:

I am not surprised at all to learn that Pictoshark was Kinzo.

Aw man, I never got to shoot anyone with Kinzo.

2 Likes

Fun game everyone

Wow there was a lot going on here! I KNEW that there was something fishy going on between Mion and Shion! I guess Shion communicated with Mion to get her to protect Gabriel. We got really lucky on the first night, but everything went downhill after that. As Picto suspected, we were intending to frame Kinzo for Gabriel’s death, but it didn’t pan out.

Seems like it was a fluke that Shion picked Gabriel on the first day, otherwise our kill would’ve succeeded and we would’ve had a much better chance at victory.

Miracle is way too OP, but in the end didn’t accomplish that much anyway.

All in all, I think this gameboard was formatted much more nicely than past gameboards and I’d love to try another one in a similar style. The only crticism I have to make is that it’s really hard to work with unknown abilities. If we at least had a cheat sheet of potential abilities we could prepare for the worst. What do others think about unknown abilities?

1 Like

Good game, everyone.
…Well, I was kind of dead for most of it, but it was entertaining to watch.

I got so screwed by the fact I didn’t know the witches weren’t even able to kill (and were actually aware of my existence) at the start. Made me think it’s best to be juuust fishy enough to look lynchable, since the thought that there could also be a town-friendly killing role didn’t cross my mind.

Unknown abilities can also favor the witches to some degree since they can technically just come up with any story and it’s much harder to prove them wrong…
Though of course this also means they always have to be worried their plan doesn’t work because of an unknown human role, so it also kind of hurts their information advantage cause there’s no limit to what’s possible.

It also tends to make for better mindscrews.

I think it evens out.
Though I agree it might be better to have a set list of potential abilities but don’t entirely rule out small variations/twists to them.

Aah, that was fun. Roleplaying as Higanbana was the best~ Although, I didn’t do too good a job at staying inconspicuous. I tried, though!

Was a fun game. My ability (Miracle) is pretty damn good, but I had to be careful who I used it on… and ironically it did next to nothing, since people seemed to be making miracles without my ability anyway.

3 Likes

Good game everyone, that was alot of fun!

Yeah I think it was a bit obvious that we were communicating at times, though I’m a bit surprised that no one started to wonder why we were switching between voting. It’s probably lucky that the game ended pretty quickly because otherwise it would have gotten a bit too obvious.

And yes Rabla did, we were really lucky that Rabla hit the Detective during the first night so that I could protect him during the second.

I fully agree, it was alot of fun and I’d really like to play another game like this. A spread-sheet over the abilities would have been really helpful but maybe only for the Human players? I think that not knowing what the Witches were able to do made things a bit more difficult and really exciting

1 Like

Interesting! So human abilities are laid bare but witches are unknown. Works thematically and might give the witches a better chance~

1 Like

This was a very fun game. During this final day I was actually starting to suspect that Mion and Shion had a linked fate kind of ability.

Well, now I can talk openly about that, right? Kari had a nice long talk with me about what I want the most to find out, so that’s probably part of the contemplation he’ referring to. I also set up several fail-safe plans that in the end weren’t necessary to use. Remember when I said

The true purpose of this was setting up to pretend to give up when the collective of you would decide that I’m a witch and in my final moments frame a human, hoping that you’d remember me not saying to never give up, thus looking through my ruse. But then there was a different masterplan, that was also unnecessary to use. This one needed way more setup. First, I would have had to know the identity of at least one witch. Second, I would have had to be sure who the other witches were. Third, it would have had to be in a situation where people would want to lynch me again. In that case, I would have claimed to have a role that requires me to kill all other witches and then the humans (basically similar to the Extra Boss in Danmaku!!), I would have played the role of the sore loser, saying I’m in the witch chat with the other ones, knowing they can’t openly say “No you’re not” as that would reveal them, and also knowing that Kari can’t say “Such a role doesn’t exist”.

As the game was right now, My plan was to reveal the Death Miller (the part that says I’d be revealed as witch aligned) part of my role at night, arguing that revealing this has absolutely no benefit for me if I were actually a witch, also what would Leo have tracked then if not my investigation, well, and as it turned out, there was another one that knew I’m the detective beforehand. I was still waiting with voting because I was hoping that Lucia would try to claim some role she obviously didn’t have.

Now for something that is probably going to make @King_Titanite_XV and the other witches very angry. The reason why I investigated Alice was not because I thought she was a witch. I actually thought that she had some kind of copycat role, that she would get one use of any role that’s used on her, and, well, I decided that it’s loads more useful having a second investigate, even if it’s only for one night.

Anyway, it was a very fun game. I was so sure that Rest was Black Battler by the way, because that sentence with the blue toaster really sounded like an Exalted reference (that Sidereal Martial Art that can turn people into ducks, @Restkastel should know the name).

Charcoal March of Spiders, Specifically Pattern Spider Touch.

In hindsight, it’s funny how picto predicted his own mistake.

Quiet down you.

3 Likes

UGGGGGHHHHHHHHH

4 Likes

[quote=“Aspirety, post:375, topic:1109, full:true”]
Wow there was a lot going on here! I KNEW that there was something fishy going on between Mion and Shion! I guess Shion communicated with Mion to get her to protect Gabriel. We got really lucky on the first night, but everything went downhill after that. As Picto suspected, we were intending to frame Kinzo for Gabriel’s death, but it didn’t pan out.[/quote]

The best part about it is that if you would’ve succeeded even once, Gabriel would’ve flipped Witch, casting doubt on all of his suspicions thus far.

The chain of cause and effect in this game was completely ridiculous. If even one minor thing had been slightly different, the game would’ve gone completely differently. I could easily see the witches dominating a setup like this.

It’s a powerful ability… for whoever you use it on. So it kind of balances out that way, although it should still only be used in a context where getting a Miracle on a Detective / Vigilante is not an instant game-killer. Probably should’ve had the Kill ability be inheritable on the Witch side to make it less of a problem.

It only works on the Human side though, it’s silly on the Witch side.

Thanks! As for unknown abilities, I figured people would soon pick up on the fact that this game has some really unconventional abilities (Hide and Diplomacy I both pretty much just came up with on a whim) and use the fact that nobody really knows what’s in the game to their advantage.

I kind of like people being able to play more sneakily or even fake a role entirely if they play it well enough, which is why I’m rather fond of the idea of unknown abilities myself.

Let’s just say the game simply plays quite differently depending on whether abilities are public or not.

You liar

1 Like

That was no lie.

so keichi was insane, AND kinzo dies of old age, AND black battler was evil, all on the same board?
and that’s chance, ladies and gentlemen

The first and third were truly random. The second, Kinzo dying of old age, was something I decided on after assigning pieces randomly and seeing picto get him. It’s because he was combined with picto that I decided to give him a specific ability/restriction, so Kinzo himself had no predetermined link.

Well, uhh, let me just put this here:

Now what is really true, Kari?