Rokkenjima Mafia - Game IV [Game Over - Human Side Victory]

I was convinced Rest was Gabriel! Well played vyse.

1 Like

Pretty sure most people weren’t expecting me to be Leo. I almost gave myself an aneurysm talking like that.

1 Like

Congratulations guys! You truly deserved it!

An especially big congtatulations go to @VyseGolbez! Fucking hell dude you rocked it!

Will there be a game record @Karifean?

Yeah i wanna know wtf happened on the second Twilight

#Records of Truth: Player Roles

Leo (Restkastel)

[quote]You are Human Aligned. Your goal is to kill all Witch Aligned players and stay alive until the end.

Your special ability is Track. Every night you can choose someone. You will be privately informed of who they targeted that night with their own ability at daybreak. If they have no night ability, or they decided not to use it, you won’t receive a message.[/quote]

Kinzo (pictoshark)

[quote]You are Human Aligned. Your goal is to kill all Witch Aligned players and stay alive until the end.

However, the clock of fate is truly relentless. When Day 5 breaks, you will die of old age. Your life is extended by a day every time a Protector-like role protects you. You will not be informed of this if it happens.

Your special ability is Kill. Every night you can choose someone. That player will be eliminated unless protected.[/quote]

Shion (Rabla)

You are one half of a whole. Your other half is Mion, played by EternalMagician.

• You may communicate with your partner outside of the game’s rules. If you use a Discord chat, please add the game master to the group.
  • The two of you only have 1 vote total during daytime phases. If both of you vote, the last vote overrides the previous votes.
  • If a night ability besides Kill is used on either of you by someone else, it hits both of you.
  • If one of you dies, the other one dies as well.

Your special ability is Repeat. Every night you can choose someone whose ability you want to copy, and a target you want to copy it on. You can only copy nighttime abilities, and your target must be a valid target for the ability you copy, otherwise it fails. You can copy abilities even if the one you copy is not using it that night or is blocked from using it. You will not ‘hit both of you’ if you copy your partner’s ability or use a copied ability on yourself or your partner.[/quote]

Gabriel (VyseGolbez)

[quote]You are Chaotic Human Aligned. Your goal is to kill all Witch Aligned players. It doesn’t matter whether or not you stay alive until the end. However, if you die, you will be falsely revealed as “Witch Aligned”.

Your special ability is Investigate. Every night you can choose someone. You will privately informed of their alignment at daybreak.[/quote]

Rose (Antra)

Your special ability is Immortality. You are passively protected from all night elimination moves. However, you will always have two invisible votes on you during daytime phases. These votes will not show up on the vote tally, but they will count against you both when determining the day’s victim as well as when it comes to causing a majority lockdown, so beware![/quote]

Suzumu (smileypers0n)

Your special ability is Journal. Every night you can choose someone. You will receive any and all Game Master PMs they themselves receive at daybreak.[/quote]

Kanon (StarTurner)

Your special ability is Miracle. Every night you can choose someone. Their night action will be redirected to the most advantageous target from their perspective.

Examples:

• Human Aligned Detectives would be redirected towards a Witch.
  • Human Aligned Protectors would be redirected towards the night’s target.
  • Witch Aligned Killers would be redirected towards a Detective, unless they are protected, then they would hit a Protector.

If successful, your target will be privately informed that they were redirected and who they were redirected to, but you will not be informed of the results of your ability. You can only target someone with this ability once per game. You cannot target yourself.[/quote]

Mion (EternalMagician)

You are one half of a whole. Your other half is Shion, played by Rabla.

• You may communicate with your partner outside of the game’s rules. If you use a Discord chat, please add the game master to the group.
  • The two of you only have 1 vote total during daytime phases. If both of you vote, the last vote overrides the previous votes.
  • If a night ability besides Kill is used on either of you by someone else, it hits both of you.
  • If one of you dies, the other one dies as well.

Your special ability is Protect. Every night you can choose someone. That player will be protected from all night elimination moves. You may choose yourself. You will not ‘hit both of you’ by targeting yourself or your partner.[/quote]

Keiichi (Blackrune)

[quote]You are the Paranoid Killer. So long as you have this role, you have no goal besides staying alive.

For as long as you are the Paranoid Killer, every night you must choose someone. That player will be eliminated unless protected. If you do not choose anyone you will kill yourself.

Your role and alignment will change if either a Witch Aligned player dies or the Witch Aligned players rob your ability from you.

If you target a Witch Aligned player with your ability and they are not protected that night, or your ability is robbed from you, you will turn into a Human Aligned player. You will lose your ability to Kill, but your vote during daytime phases will count as 1.5 votes from then onwards.

If a Witch Aligned player dies for any other reason, you will turn into a Witch Aligned player. You will keep your ability, however, you will no longer be forced to use it every night.

If you die before changing your alignment, you will be revealed as “Unaligned”.[/quote]

Addendum: If the Paranoid Killer died before changing their alignment, the witches also would have inherited the Kill ability.

Higanbana (MrDent)

[quote]You are Witch Aligned. Your goal is to kill all Human Aligned players but one.

You may privately converse with your fellow witches, Black Battler (played by Aspirety), Lucia (played by Wonderlander) and Alice (played by King_Titanite_XV). Please add the Game Master to your private conversations, be they on the forum or on a different chat platform.

Your team currently has no means of performing a night kill. Instead, a different player - the Paranoid Killer - is forced to perform a night kill every night. Their role works as follows:

< Paranoid Killer Details Here (basically a copy of their Role PM with the part about their vote counting 1.5 after turning Human blanked out) >

Your special ability is Check. Every night you can choose someone. You will be privately informed of their ability and how it works at daybreak.[/quote]

B. Battler (Aspirety)

[quote]You are Witch Aligned. Your goal is to kill all Human Aligned players but one.

You may privately converse with your fellow witches, Higanbana (played by MrDent), Lucia (played by Wonderlander) and Alice (played by King_Titanite_XV). Please add the Game Master to your private conversations, be they on the forum or on a different chat platform.

Your team currently has no means of performing a night kill. Instead, a different player - the Paranoid Killer - is forced to perform a night kill every night. Their role works as follows:

< Paranoid Killer Details Here >

Your special ability is Block. Every night you can choose someone. They will be blocked from taking a night action. They will not be informed of this fact directly, but if they have an investigative ability obviously they will likely notice the lack of returned information.

If you block the Paranoid Killer’s move, you may rob their ability from them. If their target that night was a Witch Aligned player and that player was not protected, taking the Paranoid Killer’s ability is mandatory. If you do rob their ability, you may choose any Witch Aligned player and have them inherit the “Kill” ability, overwriting their old ability.[/quote]

Lucia (Wonderlander)

You may privately converse with your fellow witches, Higanbana (played by MrDent), Black Battler (played by Aspirety) and Alice (played by King_Titanite_XV). Please add the Game Master to your private conversations, be they on the forum or on a different chat platform.

Your special ability is Hide. Every night you can choose someone. All night actions used on that player will be blocked. People whose abilities have been blocked will not be informed of that fact directly, but if they have an investigative ability obviously they will likely notice the lack of returned information. Once per game, you may use this ability on yourself to block all abilities used on you by other players.

If you block the Paranoid Killer’s move, you may rob their ability from them. If their target that night was a Witch Aligned player and that player was not protected, taking the Paranoid Killer’s ability is mandatory. If you do rob their ability, you may choose any Witch Aligned player and have them inherit the “Kill” ability, overwriting their old ability.[/quote]

Alice (King_Titanite_XV)

You may privately converse with your fellow witches, Higanbana (played by MrDent), Black Battler (played by Aspirety) and Lucia (played by Wonderlander). Please add the Game Master to your private conversations, be they on the forum or on a different chat platform.

Your special ability is Diplomacy. Every daytime phase, before Halftime, you can choose someone. All votes towards them will be treated as “No Vote” instead. Majority Lockdowns will not trigger on them, and they will show up as having 0 votes on the final vote tally. You must use this ability before Halftime. You can use this ability on yourself. You can only target someone with this ability once per game.[/quote]

2 Likes

#Records of Truth: Hidden Actions

###Nighttime Phase 1

• Leo - Track: Kinzo (Learns that Kinzo targeted Keiichi)
  • Kinzo - Kill: Keiichi (Succeeds)
  • Shion - Repeat: Gabriel on Suzumu (Learns that Suzumu is Human Aligned)
  • Gabriel - Investigate: Kinzo (Learns that Kinzo is Human Aligned)
  • Suzumu - Journal: Rose (Does nothing)
  • Kanon - Miracle: Gabriel (After much contemplation I decided to keep Gabriel on Kinzo)
  • Mion - Protect: Kinzo (Extends Kinzo’s life by a day)
  • Keiichi - Kill: Higanbana (Blocked by B. Battler)
  • Higanbana - Check: Gabriel (Learns that Gabriel’s ability is Investigate)
  • B. Battler - Block: Keiichi (Prevents Higanbana’s elimination, robs the Paranoid Killer’s Kill)
  • Lucia - Hide: Alice (Does nothing)

###Daytime Phase 2

• Alice - Diplomacy: Alice (Does nothing)
  • B. Battler decides: Higanbana inherits the Kill ability, replacing her Check.

###Nighttime Phase 2

• Leo - Track: Gabriel (Learns that Gabriel targeted Alice)
  • Kinzo - Kill: Lucia (Blocked by B. Battler)
  • Shion - Repeat: B.Battler on Alice (Does nothing)
  • Gabriel - Investigate: Alice (Learns that Alice is Witch Aligned)
  • Kanon - Miracle: Kinzo (Does nothing as Kinzo is blocked, would have redirected to B. Battler)
  • Mion - Protect: Gabriel (Prevents Higanbana from eliminating Gabriel)
  • Higanbana - Kill: Gabriel (Prevented by Mion)
  • B. Battler - Block: Kinzo (Prevents Higanbana’s elimination)
  • Lucia - Hide: Higanbana (Does nothing)

###Nighttime Phase 3

• Leo - Track: Lucia (Redirected to Higanbana, but eliminated anyways)
  • Kinzo - Kill: Higanbana (Succeeds)
  • Shion - Repeat: Mion on Kinzo (Extends Kinzo’s life by a day)
  • Gabriel - Investigate: Lucia (Blocked by B.Battler AND Lucia)
  • Kanon - Miracle: Leo (Redirects Leo to Higanbana)
  • Mion - Protect: Gabriel (Does nothing)
  • Higanbana - Kill: Leo (Succeeds)
  • B. Battler - Block: Gabriel (Blocks Gabriel’s investigation)
  • Lucia - Hide: Lucia (Blocks Gabriel’s investigation again)
3 Likes

Once again, I fall asleep and just like last time, the game is already fucking done. Also:

I am not surprised at all to learn that Pictoshark was Kinzo.

Aw man, I never got to shoot anyone with Kinzo.

2 Likes

Fun game everyone

Wow there was a lot going on here! I KNEW that there was something fishy going on between Mion and Shion! I guess Shion communicated with Mion to get her to protect Gabriel. We got really lucky on the first night, but everything went downhill after that. As Picto suspected, we were intending to frame Kinzo for Gabriel’s death, but it didn’t pan out.

Seems like it was a fluke that Shion picked Gabriel on the first day, otherwise our kill would’ve succeeded and we would’ve had a much better chance at victory.

Miracle is way too OP, but in the end didn’t accomplish that much anyway.

All in all, I think this gameboard was formatted much more nicely than past gameboards and I’d love to try another one in a similar style. The only crticism I have to make is that it’s really hard to work with unknown abilities. If we at least had a cheat sheet of potential abilities we could prepare for the worst. What do others think about unknown abilities?

1 Like

Good game, everyone.
…Well, I was kind of dead for most of it, but it was entertaining to watch.

I got so screwed by the fact I didn’t know the witches weren’t even able to kill (and were actually aware of my existence) at the start. Made me think it’s best to be juuust fishy enough to look lynchable, since the thought that there could also be a town-friendly killing role didn’t cross my mind.

Unknown abilities can also favor the witches to some degree since they can technically just come up with any story and it’s much harder to prove them wrong…
Though of course this also means they always have to be worried their plan doesn’t work because of an unknown human role, so it also kind of hurts their information advantage cause there’s no limit to what’s possible.

It also tends to make for better mindscrews.

I think it evens out.
Though I agree it might be better to have a set list of potential abilities but don’t entirely rule out small variations/twists to them.

Aah, that was fun. Roleplaying as Higanbana was the best~ Although, I didn’t do too good a job at staying inconspicuous. I tried, though!

Was a fun game. My ability (Miracle) is pretty damn good, but I had to be careful who I used it on… and ironically it did next to nothing, since people seemed to be making miracles without my ability anyway.

3 Likes

Good game everyone, that was alot of fun!

Yeah I think it was a bit obvious that we were communicating at times, though I’m a bit surprised that no one started to wonder why we were switching between voting. It’s probably lucky that the game ended pretty quickly because otherwise it would have gotten a bit too obvious.

And yes Rabla did, we were really lucky that Rabla hit the Detective during the first night so that I could protect him during the second.

I fully agree, it was alot of fun and I’d really like to play another game like this. A spread-sheet over the abilities would have been really helpful but maybe only for the Human players? I think that not knowing what the Witches were able to do made things a bit more difficult and really exciting

1 Like

Interesting! So human abilities are laid bare but witches are unknown. Works thematically and might give the witches a better chance~

1 Like

This was a very fun game. During this final day I was actually starting to suspect that Mion and Shion had a linked fate kind of ability.

Well, now I can talk openly about that, right? Kari had a nice long talk with me about what I want the most to find out, so that’s probably part of the contemplation he’ referring to. I also set up several fail-safe plans that in the end weren’t necessary to use. Remember when I said

The true purpose of this was setting up to pretend to give up when the collective of you would decide that I’m a witch and in my final moments frame a human, hoping that you’d remember me not saying to never give up, thus looking through my ruse. But then there was a different masterplan, that was also unnecessary to use. This one needed way more setup. First, I would have had to know the identity of at least one witch. Second, I would have had to be sure who the other witches were. Third, it would have had to be in a situation where people would want to lynch me again. In that case, I would have claimed to have a role that requires me to kill all other witches and then the humans (basically similar to the Extra Boss in Danmaku!!), I would have played the role of the sore loser, saying I’m in the witch chat with the other ones, knowing they can’t openly say “No you’re not” as that would reveal them, and also knowing that Kari can’t say “Such a role doesn’t exist”.

As the game was right now, My plan was to reveal the Death Miller (the part that says I’d be revealed as witch aligned) part of my role at night, arguing that revealing this has absolutely no benefit for me if I were actually a witch, also what would Leo have tracked then if not my investigation, well, and as it turned out, there was another one that knew I’m the detective beforehand. I was still waiting with voting because I was hoping that Lucia would try to claim some role she obviously didn’t have.

Now for something that is probably going to make @King_Titanite_XV and the other witches very angry. The reason why I investigated Alice was not because I thought she was a witch. I actually thought that she had some kind of copycat role, that she would get one use of any role that’s used on her, and, well, I decided that it’s loads more useful having a second investigate, even if it’s only for one night.

Anyway, it was a very fun game. I was so sure that Rest was Black Battler by the way, because that sentence with the blue toaster really sounded like an Exalted reference (that Sidereal Martial Art that can turn people into ducks, @Restkastel should know the name).

Charcoal March of Spiders, Specifically Pattern Spider Touch.

In hindsight, it’s funny how picto predicted his own mistake.

Quiet down you.

3 Likes

UGGGGGHHHHHHHHH

4 Likes