Rokkenjima Mafia - Game VI [Game Over - Witch Side Victory]

This post has been pre-written in notepad at the night, so it doesn’t have working quotes, ctrl+f it.

Okay, so here’s what happened with me on the previous day:

1. I came home, noticed a vote against midsummer, but no witches following it for the witch win, so okay, obviously a hit
  2. I wanted to cast my vote for him but it was already over lol. no time to waste, Doldod?
  3. This is a guess, written in the past: Usagi will get nightkilled. You don’t have to believe me that I had written this before dawn, unfortunately we can’t schedule topic replies, but it would be the best choice for witches so if I’m right, no surprise here.

…And obviously a witch voted for midsummer because he was the target with the highest probability. That leaves me, who waited for Doldod to appear, a person without a vote. Now then - before you get funny ideas. There are three of us here, and one is a witch. I think with three people we can manage to vote only when we are all online this time? I should be available from 14:00/2PM GMT (the 00:00 timezone!).

I were not as defensive before, but hey, it’s the climax and all. Gotta protect my humanity from reckless voters. That said I’m at a disadvantage, having not voted, but keep in mind, it would have been a vote for midsummer:

Me at Day 2:
“I guess it’s time to put a blame on somebody. From a little glance at the backlog of this game board I can kinda see trand-setters and trend-followers. The latter are dangerous. For example, @midsummer was pretty much putting himself out there as a protagonist, convincing others - and ultimately lynching AMF.”

Karifean Day 2 votes 30 minutes before deadline:
"30 minutes remain. The current vote standings are as follows:

akafa123 - 4 (thesorceress, VyseGolbez, Wonderlander, King_Titantive_XV)
Wonderlander - 4 (SleepingPliskin, Doldod, lobotomyprince, akafa123)
King_Titantive_XV - 1 (Antra)
midsummer - 1 (Muski)"

But seeing as no one wanted to consider midsummer (excluding one vote by EternalMagician on day 3) I changed my vote to the next suspicious target:
“I guess my vote would be meaningless if I were to leave it the way it is, so with that said I’m picking someone else.
Change vote: akafa123”

Day 2 votes at deadline:
"akafa123 - 6 (thesorceress, VyseGolbez, Wonderlander, Antra, Muski, King_Titanite_XV)
Wonderlander - 5 (SleepingPliskin, Doldod, lobotomyprince, akafa123, EternalMagician)
SleepingPliskin - 1 (UsagiTenpura)

akafa123 has been lynched, they were a Witch."

Me on day 3:
“Gahh, this is a tricky one. My initial lynching decision concerned @midsummer , and so far it’s my best guess to pick it up from there. It can be said that a player this active is valuable to humans, but if he really is… then why is he still alive? Shouldn’t he be a prime target for witches?”

This was the day where I messed up and voted for Rabla instead of going midsummer, because I chose the most suspicious target out of the highest voted already…:
“Rabla - 3 (Wonderlander, SleepingPliskin, Muski)
EternalMagician - 2 (Antra, midsummer)
lobotomyprince - 2 (VyseGolbez, King_Titanite_XV)
UsagiTenpura - 1 (UsagiTenpura)
Wonderlander - 1 (lobotomyprince)
midsummer - 1 (EternalMagician)”

On day 4 I kinda gave up and in the end voted no lynch.

On day 5 I said:
"@midsummer always smelled fishy too me, he was always in a convenient position, rarely suspected by anyone. I wouldn’t be surprised to find him sitting at a beach with his laptop, a cocktail and enjoying watching humans kill each other (not literally)."

Me on day 6:
“maybe @midsummer is a witch who nightkilled @King_Titanite_XV because Usagi was about to cast suspicion on him, and nightkilling would only prove that this suspicion was correct.”

I’m not saying I was a 100% correct this game, but you can’t possibly deny I wanted to get rid of midsummer from the start. So I disagree with Doldod’s “You were pretty good at avoiding suspicion” and would rather phrase it “avoiding lynch bandwagons”.

So we have that, and also the akafa case where I rolled back my midsummer vote and voted for him instead. So I killed one witch and tried to get something going to lynch the other. Of course, you may say that I’m just the most genious witch when it comes to setting up a murder-stage. Had that been the case I would have been thrilled, but unfortunately, I’m just more of an incompetent human type.

==========

Okay so Doldod got killed, which is surprising… I will be Home in 2 hours or so.

Oh god, this is a really bad position. A lot of my suspicion was basing on Doldid being suspicious. To be honest, Muski, I’m willing to consider the possibility that you’re human. One that I’ve kinda distrusted due to how reserve you are. However, this long post is surprising and now I’m wondering why you didn’t contribute like this beforehand

Well for one thing I’m new to this. Since it’s vanilla mafia there wasn’t much to work with and some people kind of meta-gamed it or followed their gut and I wasn’t really in a position to do that. When I tried it didn’t turn out so well anyway. I guess with people dying I kinda got some room to breathe? haha

Yeah I guess. Though that was a strategy I kinda did last round when I was a witch. So this can go either way for you. Still, let’s wait for @UsagiTenpura

Doldod’s death got me. On one hand I don’t have to worry about this:

Because if I were to get lynched by someone saying “fuck it, let’s end it” and witches would win then… I would be “upset”. On the other hand the most vocal opposition to me just died so I have to wonder how your perception of me changed due to that. As for pointing out the witch - from my perspective - it’s 50/50. I have this feeling that Usagi should be dead already by this point due to a nightkill, but nope. So here are my thoughts:

Assuming for a moment @UsagiTenpura is a witch and a competent player, leaving me alive till the end would be a safe option, since I’m inexperienced, but not as unpredictable and trigger happy as Doldod. Possibly an easy target to manipulate into voting SleepingPliskin. A witch-detective, as I said before if that’s the case humans are screwed.

@SleepingPliskin is more of a “typical” suspect. Could be human or a witch, maybe more likely witch than Usagi is. But I didn’t sense that strong trendsetting qualities from him as from Usagi. Maybe the strateg ywas laying low?

Wasn’t Usagi sleeping at this hour yesterday? We may have to wait till tommorrow. Sucks our schedules may not match.

I’m here now, seems I’m now the primary target. Pretty obviously as this is how these things tend to end up it seems.

I mean I’m still under the same attack of being suspicious because I’m still alive. I can’t particularly defend myself over this, so it’s kinda moot. It’s just pretty obvious to me that I’m being setup for exactly that purpose tho.

So is it even worth saying anything at this point? It’s probably better to just end the game. It’s not like I can’t say anything tho.

Such as pointing out that all three of us has been actually pointing suspicion toward midsummer since day2, and yet the two times anyone voted for him, Muski didn’t, and never particularly tried to convince anyone of it either.

I can probably write a long winded post but I’m not too sure there’s much a point. I wouldn’t even know who to vote for if it wasn’t that muski seems to have given far too much of a biased analysis of himself as a defence and pretty much obviously set me up as a culprit over the same non-idea while it’s kinda obvious I make the easiest target by far right now. Even so, I can’t really be certain, but it’d be easier for me to trust someone with a solid attack then what looks to me like a pseudo defence at this point, just saying.

The only other thing left worthy of mention to me is however weird midsummer acted yesterday, I’m just wondering if he somehow critically failed or was trying to die while confusing things. I mean wtf is even this. In two consecutive posts he (among things) said “Pliskin help me kill Doldod” and then “Doldod help me kill pliskin”.

I could bet ever since midsummer’s death that I was going to be kept alive and that this argument was going to come up. I just kinda expected pliskin to die since a scenario where Doldod, Muski and myself would be left alive would kinda make everyone sorta suspicious (it’d have been sorta easy to view doldod’s behaviour as a witch trying to rank in the kill fearing that Muski would’ve come to finish him off sooner or later, probably, but that didn’t happen). It’s pretty hard to suspect Pliskin since he was the first to attack midsummer and yet had arguably good reason to attack Doldod instead, and beside midsummer asking him to please change his vote sorta … is very weird if both are witches, at least from an external appearance.

the two times anyone else voted for him

It’s not like I’m trying to set you up, just looking for answers. If I had something solid to hold on I would, but I don’t see another way other than following possibly circumstantial evidence. Why I didn’t vote for midsummer - as I stated before, when EternalMagician was the one voting for him my vote would have done no good, such was my reasoning. And yesterday - you only can have 3 voters, so I physically couldn’t vote, especially since I was offline at the time. Not like yesterday’s vote tells us anything, at least from my perspective - I know I’m human and a witch voted for midsummer.

In a way or another we all voted for a witch, including you, even if a different one.

Sure, but when midsummer had a strong possibility of getting lynched it was be actually viable for a witch to vote without being asked to. So be it the first, second or third vote - all sensible choices for a witch at this point of game.

Well the things worthy of pointing out are what I said about midsummer’s odd behaviour on one hand, and the other hand the death of doldod who was seemingly going to gun for you, which could kinda mean anything wether it’s played as straight or counter-psychology, I guess.

I don’t think there’s much else to reason out about.

Tho I still have to ask of this, because I’ve been over the thread…

Me and pliskin gave pretty clear reasons why we suspected midsummer since day 1, and in both case it was part of a group, and we couldn’t fully narrow it down…
You definitively went very clearly for midsummer, but you didn’t give much of a reason even when asked by thesorceress. You just said “it’s my best shot” (I kinda don’t want to bother getting the quotes).

I dunno, I guess I find it strange how you constantly went after him yet did so in a very half hearted way. Did you think “it’s my best shot” would’ve convinced anyone?

Also I guess I don’t really know about your schedule so I can’t really comment on that, but for a large part of yesterday I was wondering if among you and doldod one could be potentially the other witch since you both remained very silent and especially you didn’t even voice much post my analysis. While you make a point about pliskin, I have to say that on primary appearance, the witches would normally be sitting back waiting for a single person to misvote to then jump them.

Then again, pliskin may not necessarily do that kind of thing heh. Mad scientist.

Gah guess @sleepingpliskin is not here now, not helping getting much answer.

I went for midsummer because of his ease to steer the crowd. I reasoned that if he were to be a witch, he needs to be eliminated. If he were to be a human, it’s still dangerous for a human to have much control over others. As I said I may not have been a 100% correct all the time. Maybe my perception of him wasn’t all that accurate, and opposition to him was partly a guess, but it was a best guess I had, given little information at the beginning. He seemed fishy for me for the whole game, but not enough to just keep blindly casting single vote for him when there are ties that I could somehow influence. Especially since I had no evidence. Now I have a pretty similar situation with you. I can’t present evidence, only the similarities between you and midsummer such as influence and comfy situation up to this point. Now I feel like you, @SleepingPliskin and me are in equally suspicious positions.

If anything I can say (to perhaps discredit myself) that I was pretty certain that if midsummer was a witch, the other one would’ve been wonderlander, which has now been ruled out, cause that scenario would’ve made the most sense of day2 heh.

Well, I’m not going to lie - this is really tough one for me. It would be best to have all three of us here. As it stands right now I’m close to 50/50 with

As to why I’m leaning a little SleepingPliskin - maybe I’d just feel better if I lost to Usagi than Pliskin, because how can you even beat those long-ass posts… :smiley:

Ah guess I didn’t see that. Sorry I’m still waking up actually so it’s sorta not the best of mood for me.

Hmmm, quite frankly I’m really unsure. If anything I have to say that I’ve been kinda longing for a mexican standoff since last game’s end, so no matter what happens here, won’t complain too much.

Same… unless I’ll get killed, then I’m going to feel betrayed.

@SleepingPliskin stop Sleeping Pliskin.

This is literally how the last game ended for me, so getting you there heh.
But I’ve also sorta come to accept it.

Lol. I think he’s having issues with his cell phone being more probable, or got busy.