Rokkenjima Mafia - Game VII [Game Over - Human Victory]

So even now I’m still on the short list of suspects huh. Well @thesorceress the reason I didn’t mind before is because it’s valuable to see if people go along with a lynch train and who doesn’t, but with 12 ish hours left (more like 5 for me I guess) it won’t do to leave things this way.

I have to wonder though. On what grounds am I even being suspected. I can understand seeing it as a bad move, but a witch mistake? What? I’m not following at all. And if you think it wasn’t a mistake, what could I possibly have stood to gain to make me do what I did as witch? None of this makes any sense to me and it’s strange as all hell to me that I’m being voted for over this. @pictoshark this concerns you too.

Also picto, that justification for your response is an excuse and you know it.

I think it was a genuine amazing early game mistake by you, as a witch.

Again, what mistake?

Not realizing that the Human Team’s color was green.

…and that would lead me to challenge someone on the color of their roleclaim. Again, what?

Since I cant visit the forum tomorrow morning, I’m going to vote now
Vote: Zepfur

On another note, @VyseGolbez your calculations aren’t wrong but I think you’re severely underestimating the sheer amount of useful information the night writeups give. It makes it more to our advantage to play for time. Of course we don’t know the extent of the narrative’s impact yet but it doesn’t sound like a good idea to me to go ahead and lynch someone Day 1 anyways. Especially considering the victim might be an otherwise easily identified (through the daybreak narrative I mean) Human power role forced to roleclaim to avoid being mislynched.

Change Vote: No Death

Oh also that makes me wonder, your roleclaim was also green, why? If you’re Azure Aligned it should be a different color, no?

No way would a veteran player like Karifean skip a chance to lynch someone he suspects could be a witch. You veteran players are full of a million little tricks that convince you that you can work out who the witches might be even from the start, so I don’t believe that you wouldn’t act on that and go with “no death.”

Change vote: Karifean

1 Like

It’s because I’m a veteran player, specifically to Rabla’s games, that I know better than to think a Day 1 Lynch is a good idea…

I raise up my cross shaped sword pommel and thrust it towards Karifean. Looking deadly serious, “may the power of Christ compel you…”

On not seeing Karifean melt, I look quizzically at my pommel. “Does this cross thingy not work on witches?”

1 Like

Maybe I should elaborate some more. Back in Mafia III (geez it’s been a while since Rabla’s last normal game) the witch team got pretty much wiped by the Night 1 Writeup. Given the very clear naming scheme this game it isn’t even feasible for anyone to have faked their identity, so we will likely be able to gleam a lot from the night writeup. Now I don’t expect it to happen again quite on that scale but if I was a witch you can be damn sure I wouldn’t pass on the opportunity to get a mislynch happening now.

That reminds me, @Zepfur hasn’t claimed an identity yet. I can guess, but mind saying who you are?

I really don’t think that’s likely to happen again. It sounds like there was a bit of a screw up with that night’s write up if it gave away so much.

The sorcerer plucked a pen with wings out of his pocket which began writing for him as he dictated to it.

“Hey old man, it’d sure be nice if you told us if the narrative is gonna be just like in your prior games.”

When he finished speaking the pen flew back to his pocket as he folded the sheet into a paper plane which he then threw over to @Rabla it landing straight on his sleeping self’s lap.

Bunny some of your posts are pretty funny. Thanks for that.
…but you seem rather confident for a new player there. I mean, you’re not necessarily wrong, but the fact you’re this confident in it despite being a new player feels a little odd.

Oh yay! I’m glad someone is enjoying my posts. I wasn’t sure if I was just annoying everyone with needless theatre. As for confidence, hah, I’m not confident at all. I think there’s a good chance Kari is innocent, but in the absence of other evidence, he’s my best bet on being a witch.

But… wasn’t that pretty much by blind luck? If I remember it correctly it was that the human tracker essentially caught the witch killer in the act while they were trying to set up an elaborate ruse with one of their powers. And since we don’t know if the witches has a power like that in this game as well, we can’t really be certain if we actually can completely trust the write-ups.

Hey we almost managed to pull through that despite it all. But what finished us off was the narrative. It left no room for argument.

On lunch break and here to say: I don’t know what to believe, currently, because we don’t have any concrete information. We don’t know the roles of people, we don’t know if certain roles even exist, and we don’t have any real way of figuring out information right now unless people share it. Otherwise, we have to wait for Night 1 to figure stuff out.

And, hopefully, Night 1 is going to get us a lot of information.

The sorcerer let out a deep sigh.

“There is something of a precedent for the narrative not helping us in identifying the killers.”

With that the sorcerer made a motion with his hands, summoning up a quote of his from further back in the discussion.

“Apparently all of you need to be reminded of how there are decent odds on there being no link to the culprit in the narrative because the witch’s nightkill seems to be a team ability.”