Rokkenjima Mafia - Game VII [Game Over - Human Victory]

Just thought of something Kari once mentioned to me about him discussing game balance with Rabla and some other people.

Kari said in his games the witches want less day Phases and the humans want more. Hence if a witch got modkilled, as an additional punishment to the witch team he said he would continue the day phase and give the humans their lynch. Conversely, if the humans were modkilled in the daytime he would end the day phase with that death. That way no one would “tactically modkill”, E.g. If I was a human and was really convinced I was going to be voted off next game’s second day, I could modkill myself (with permission from the team, of course) saving the human vote for someone that could be a witch.

So considering that, either Rabla disagreed with Kari (far more likely) or it really isn’t a modkill…

Oh Kari is of the same impression in that regard? Because that is something that I said about my modding philosophies. So you might be misremembering here.

Unless I’m misremembering things kari got modkilled at a point where things were more going toward wonderlander’s death. I’m not sure there’s much to read about this, but it at least seems to invalidate the idea bought up there.

Oh second day… hmmm sorry guess I misread that…
I’m not sure how likely it is tho. I don’t think kari’s death seemed inevitable from my pov at least.

Blackrune, the reason I was coming off so “wait-and-see” as you put it in the spectator chat was because I was trying to look smart for you guys. I wanted to prove my own since I felt really dumb compared to everyone else when reading everyone else’s analyses. In reality, I take offense really easily and can be very petty. Besides, doesn’t the fact that I voted No Lynch show that I sometimes am kind of “wait-and-see”?

I guess since I’m here now, I’ll give some of my reads. I would type up more, but I’m on a time crunch right now because my family wants me to shower so we can leave.

UsagiTenpura: I’m more inclined towards human, but after that amazing finesse last game, I have no idea what to think of her.
VyseGolbez: Again, more inclined towards human, but that’s just because they haven’t really done anything that I thought was suspicious.
King_Titanite_XV: Meh. I’m mildly suspicious of him.
SleepingPliskin: I have no clue. Pliskin is just being his normal loud self when he’s being active.
BunnyAdvocate: I’m actually kind of suspicious of Bunny. First, because they’re new to Mafia, and they might just not have the experience of an older witch to stay in the shadows. Bunny jumped on me awfully quickly, and then jumped on Kari, and then stayed with the vote on Wonderlander instead of going No Lynch. It seems like Bunny really just wants someone to get lynched, and doesn’t really care who. Granted, it was the same with AMF last game, and we all know how that turned out. I don’t know, I could see Bunny as a witch, but I doubt that their teammates would let them be that obvious about their witchiness.

To go OOC for a second

I’d like to add to that with my very silly reason for wanting to kill him.

He keeps walking into my room without knocking. He even did so while I was in a video call with our gamemaster, which he can confirm. When talking to Rabla about the last time he saw things on my screen he ought not have in someone else’s game Rabla said that he’d modkill him immediately if it happened in one of his games (iirc).

Basically if King is a human he might get modkilled sooner or later (which is an extra human death and therefore disadvantageous to us), and if he’s a witch then killing him here is good for us.

Also out of game I kinda want my privacy to be respected.

Like I said it’s a silly reason, but it might be the one I gravitate towards if no one else makes a good case.

Wait are you guys roommates? That’s so cool!

“He is my sibling.”

For real? That’s awesome.

Well maybe his opinion’s changed then, since last time I recall he said he blamed you for that occurrence…

Ah whatever.

It sometimes isn’t…
Like apparently half my words on a headset are shouts because Picto literally moved his PC upstairs costing us an £9 ethernet extension to make his nets work faster than running to FedEx and back. Just because my voice is distracting through a supposedly “soundproof” glass conservatory.

Idk if that’s an insult or not lmao. I will pluck you Flare

Karifean’s death was real and not part of some secret game mechanic.

He himself has permission to address this (though obviously lacking some specific details)

It hasn’t.

“But you’ll still modkill him if he continues walking in here, right?”

If the thing with the PMs happens again, not just the act of entering your room.

“Received.”

-shrugs- I’d say the cat who is trying to talk at dead people and won’t reveal who they are even if everyone knows it would be an idea.

I mean, well, they don’t seem to take the game very seriously so far if they are human. But whatever you choose.

The sorcerer let out a long yawn.

“Sorry, I’m really quite tired, could you say that a little more plainly?”

Zepfur.

If they’re human they wouldn’t appear to be the most terrible loss considering how they’re playing so far and if they’re witch, well, that’s great.

"Ah, right.

@Zepfur, the eyes of suspicion fall upon you. Do you have a reason why we shouldn’t kill you?

Alternatively revealing your identity now might also help your case."

“While we wait for his response I feel like there’s another matter which we ought to tackle.”

The sorcerer raised his hand as he spoke, snapping his fingers at the end of the sentence. The sound it made was a truly tremendous one, reverberating off of every wall and demanding the attention of all that were seated there.

(@UsagiTenpura @King_Titanite_XV @akafa123 @Blackrune @Wonderlander @EternalMagician @VyseGolbez @SleepingPliskin @thesorceress @pictoshark @FlareNetworkC @BunnyAdvocate @Zepfur)

The sorcerer’s next words were spoken in a much clearer, deeper and louder tone when compared to how he was speaking before.

“I am the most obvious target for the witch team to attempt to nightkill. If the protector is still alive then having them guard me would likely be for the best.”