Rokkenjima Mafia - Game VII [Game Over - Human Victory]

Judging by the armor Cecil has violet armor sometimes.
Wol (warrior of light) from Mobius has quite violet armor. I remember Rabla playing it a lot.

It’s definitely not Bartz/Zidane, their clothes are blue.
Neither it’s Vaan/Squall.
And Onion knight in Dissidia has red outfit by default
Queen Lightning has a lot of attires in LR and you can actually change colors of every costume, but default one doesnt have anything violet on her.

Yes please. If you’ve got something to share, please share it.

Okay, so. We know who pictoshark and partner are. So let’s operate under the assumption that they are on our side for now and try and figure out who the other Crimson Aligned is.

There’s a possibility there are three of them–two witches vs. eleven humans is a rough game, but it’s possible the two nightkills was meant to counteract that.

So…if EternalMagician is really not our protector. That makes that the protector and the witch are both among Flare, akafa, and Zepfur. We just need to figure out which one is which.

@FlareNetworkC, @akafa123, @Zepfur. Do any of you have powers or roles outside the role of protector or witch? It’s officially that point in the game.

@pictoshark, why would we want to kill you? Usagi literally asked you to take her out this wasn’t a suprisinf move.

This is of course assuming that EternalMagician wasn’t lying, which is entirely possible.

Okay can I reveal my role now?

“Haangh… Well, since you asked so nicely and I was getting bored of the fool act, anywa. I guess I could lend you my wisdom. Lucky you(… well not really you but…), Furcule Purro is on the scene. (Though, really, this is just my newer, more improved shit-stirring technique…)”

The cat laughs to itself, swinging its tail back and forth in a wide swishing motion. Ever heard the phrase the cat that drank the cream? This cat not only consumed the cream, but the whole dairy aisle.

“It’s all gotta do with this Azure stuff. From the start of this game we’ve been playing the are Azure human-aligned, witch-aligned, purely third party aligned… But that’s not the question we oughta be asking, either. No, I have a better question right off the bat.

Who freakin’ cares?

Not to trivialise all previous discussion, of course, but looking for a definite answer to that question isn’t the way to go. But, once we get the ball rolling on the correct way to go about this, that and all three discussion questions will be answered like…”

Shit. Cats don’t have opposable thumbs… What do I do….

The cat whips its tail at the back of Akafa’s head to make a snapping sound.

“That.”

Yeah, that’s good. Nice snapping sound.

“Instead of thinking about third parties and bunkum, let’s simplify the question.

Are the Azure of more benefit to the humans or the witches, and how much? And, to go even further beyond, is the threat of a random kill even real? Way I see it there’s four possibilities.

Kill/No kill, Truth/Lies.

In the first scenario, the truthful Azure remain alive and we lose someone of our choice every night. This is essentially a second lynch, and has the capability of killing a witch but… Our track record so far hasn’t been so flawless, and without any strong leads it’s kinda a detriment. How much better this is than random kills, I’ll go over later. But let’s just say that our current situation is primarily a disadvantage.

In the second scenario, the lying Azure remain alive. This is exactly the same as the first scenario in function, except this is a guaranteed net-loss. We would be losing a person every night, with a very minor benefit (which is non-existent if we don’t use their power or the Azure are actually working against us or are witches.) In comparison, we could restrict ourselves to only one death per night, which would be a huge bonus to us!

In the third scenario, the truthful Azure die. This would trigger the random kill every night. Now, this would be a loss, but let’s see how big it would be… Presuming more humans than witches, there’s a higher chance of a human dying than a witch. That’s true, but that’s also true for whether we decide on who gets killed or not. Someone is still guaranteed to die every night besides the witches kill! And looking at the last two nights… Heh. Oh boy. Look at that. Now, I know picto argued that the GM might rig it to only kill humans but… I’m pretty sure someone used the GM being fair and good as an argument earlier, and that went down pretty well, so I think we can discount that possibility. As it stands, it’s more or less the same (or slightly worse) than if we continue as we have been. Not a huge loss.

In the final scenario, the lying Azure die. In this scenario, we only have to worry about the witches kill each night and can slow down the death rate! An overall net advantage!

So, lessee… One: No change. Two: Disadvantage. Three: Minor Disadvantage. Four: Advantage. So, I’m bad at math, so I’m just gonna make one a zero, two a -2, three a -1, and four a +2. So… Let’s add up the kill and no kill scenarios and…

No Kill: -2 (Disavantage)
Kill: +1 (Advantage)

No matter what the outcome, our best course of action is the Azure dying. Isn’t that a nice little thing? But wait, there’s more! What if I told you that we have a decent set of evidence that killing is in our favour?

Let’s look at the actions of our one confirmed witch last round. The Curious Case of Black Rune. See, if we presume that the Azure are a detriment to the witches, as Picto has claimed, then Blackrune’s actions don’t make sense. And I’m not just saying that because I’m super salty I was almost drowned (Actually that would have been really neat.)

See, last round me and Picto both got to 5 for a good lynching. All Blackrune would have had to do is switch to voting Picto to guarantee their death. There were plenty of humans going after them, it wouldn’t have been suspicious. It wouldn’t have blown their cover or anything. Instead, they go after me. Why? Either I’m a witch (considering they switched to lynching me decently early into the Zepfur wagon, that’s pretty unlikely), I’m a human with a power (possible, but that power would be unknown if it even exists and its danger level… minimal), or I’m a vanilla human as I’ve claimed to be and i was just screwing with y’all for funsies (possible, possible, I cannot confirm though!) Presuming we’re ruling out the first, we’re left with me either having a power greater and of bigger damage to witches than the Azure (but if they knew that, why wouldn’t they have killed me during a night phase? Nobody would protect me by how I’m playing!) or they found lynching a regular human with no powers, whose death would just reduce the human pool, to be of greater advantage to their goals than lynching (if everything about the Azure is to be believed) a human who’s death would both bring down our total human
and bring them closer to blocking off their power which could theoretically target witches and brings them 50% closer to putting us at a (albeit minor) disadvantage with the random kills. There’s nothing but net benefits for the witches if they were to kill Picto, in that situation. But instead killing me, which only rewards a far smaller benefit, was their perogative. Why? I can only think of one reason.

The Azure benefit the witches more than the humans. Maybe they’re even aligned, though it’s much more likely their powers just happen to work to the witches benefit and their death would provide only an advantage to the humans. The best part of this is that we already established that the witches have known from the start of the existence of the Azure and what their power is, courtesy of Picto’s earlier rebuttal and their reasoning behind hiding their allies identity. The witches would know whether or not the random kill is a lie, they would know whether it’s to their advantage to keep the azure alive.

I’m not sayin’ anything’s guaranteed. But that certainly points in the direction of scenario four!

But wait! There’s more reason to think that four is the most likely scenario. The fact is… Let’s ask us something. Why did Vyse… er, you… feel the need to reassure us they’re on our side? Why did Picto pretend their role colour was green? Why did Picto imply that the roulette being rigged to only kill humans was an option? Why do we believe this random kill even exists?

Why am I saying all this now?

Well, remember the premise the Azure exist on. That as long as one of the members remains anonymous, we don’t have to worry about the witches killing them and the random kills starting? Well, not only is that idea kinda suspicious in itself, we no longer have an anonymous partner. Essentially, if what picto says is true, the witches are going to kill Vyse and Picto lickity split. So, we could just wait to see if that happens to tell whether having the Azure around is to our advantage but…”

The cat smirks.

“I have a better idea. Let’s have a witch trial. Let’s take a gamble to see where the Azure’s benefit lies. I say we kill one, and leave the other as witch-bait. If they’re actually a help to the witches, they will be alive the next day. If this random kill exists, then the witches will gladly kill the other. Though they’ve just been picking off random humans with no powers so far, and I have a damn good feeling they won’t kill the bait because they’re benefiting the witches. Of course, they might not kill them to try and get us to waste our lynch but considering the writeup and other factors between now and the next day may reveal them a little more or we may spontaneously choose not to actually lynch the Azure if they do survive… If the Azure really are a detriment to witches and their death would put us at a disadvantage, I doubt they’d take the risk of letting them live. Or… Well, it would just be to their advantage, while killing a random human wouldn’t be as helpful to them. In any case, worst case scenario is a minor disadvantage and considering we have confirmed both Azure yet have not much real guaranteed evidence towards nailing a crimson this is the most reasonable course of action.

It’s a real catch-22 for the Azure, I’ll admit, but considering the potential reward and the likelihood of said reward… It’s worth it. Besides, they have a chance to save themselves. All they have to do is get lucky and shoot down a witch during their night phase~!”

The cat laughs.

“But, to answer all the questions, Vyse wouldn’t be claiming this role considering the risk and consider it’s pretty much guaranteed Bunny checked them, the witch team picked King because they didn’t have a shot at a non-protected human with special powers that would be worth killing because the Azure are probably benefitting them, the violet blur is a witch or an Azure, it doesn’t matter whether the Azure are witches or humans or a third party but I’m inclined towards malicious third party, myself. And, finally, the question we should be asking is…

Which Azure should we lynch and which should we hang out as bait? You or the shark?"

“…Also my role is nonsensebearer~!”

The cat sticks out its tongue playfully.

“But, real talk, my bad for going against that assumption right off the bat~! Woops!”

Damn it Vyse, you revealed your role just after I investigated you! Yes I can confirm that Byse is Azure aligned.

As for who we lynch, so far the Azure 3rd party have done nothing but kill humans. If they were really anti-witch like had been claimed, the witches would have targeted such a pair, as they’re really dangerous with their nightly kill ability. The fact that they’re still alive implies to me that the witches and Azure aren’t so misaligned as Picto wants us to believe.

Vote: pictoshark

I like to insult him from time to time, it was never something I seriously believed.

That’s kinda wrong.

We do often hold the “tipper”: the last person to vote extremely accountable for any deaths that occur. It’s silly but well. You know.

Also Blackrune was flying under that radar at that point or might have not believed in the kill becoming random.

In that case Blackrune just has to simply be confidant in themselves not being detected and it explains all of their actions.

In fact if we add enough hubris then they could believe in the random kill and still conclude it as a bad idea to hit me (by thinking that the chance of them being hit increases if kills are chosen randomly).

You’re assuming the witches know about that better than you do.

In addition by discussing this gambit openly now they know that they just need to not kill the remaining Azure as if they don’t that Azure will likely be lynched in the morning.

Hey, kitty, can you not talk so loud, my ears hurt now…

Hangh.

A common Witch team target is to not go after particularly strong and competent players so they can later put forward (or wait for someone else to put forward) the argument of: “Why hasn’t this person been killed yet, they must be a Witch!”

That same kind of argument can be applied to this.

Very easily.

It’s a good Witch side tactic if it works. It wastes a lynch and it saves a kill.

Go for it.

@BunnyAdvocate, our priority right now has got to be finding and removing Blackrune’s partner. Even if the Azure are evil.

…think about it this way. Even if we kill picto, or Vyse, nightkilling from them will not stop, because their partner is still alive. So two humans will die tonight. However, if we find and kill Blackrune’s partner, even if the Azure are our enemies, only one person will die tonight and we can eliminate picto and Vyse on later nights.

Ok, I’m Protector. I protected you first night and no one on second because I had no time.

By the way, I still think one of the mafia players is Flare.

I’d absolutely love to take down Blackrune’s partner, but in the absence of any hints about who it might be, I’m going to target the other human-killing threat here we do know about while I continue to investigate the others.

…Thank you very much.

Now, anyone have anything to contradict this? Because otherwise I suggest we just take this.

That leaves the last possible Crimson Aligned being EternalMagician, Flare, and Zepfur.

@BunnyAdvocate, as the current…one person I trust. Which of those do you think would be evil?

Also, any idea why they killed King tonight?

@BunnyAdvocate, as the current…one person I trust. Which of those do you think would be evil?

Hmm, it’s a really hard choice. Both Flaure and Zepfur voted against Blackrune who turned out to be a witch, but that might have been deliberate so that they’d be deemed innocent at a later point like this. Personally, I’m most suspicious of Zepfur. She took an awfully long time to reveal her identity on the first day, which might be because she was a witch for the first time and was unsure what to say and whether it was safe to lie. She also just wrote an awfully long post trying to convince us that we should only target the Azure aligned players, and not the witches, which is something a witch would do (although I also think the Azure aligned players are dangerous).

So I’m inclined more towards Zepfur, but I’m open to other options.

What if second kill in write-up is actually picto killing king. And first one is blackrune’s partner? That leaves Flare and Bartz as suspects. I can’t really call Squall or Zidane a knight. :thinking:

But considering that sorceress revealed her identity first in red. She is I think 99% innocent.

In green sorry

Also if second death is not about picto, then it could be Zidane aswell, because in trance he turns into pink furry :blushing:

"That’d be a good point, if it weren’t for the fact that we all already knew your role so it’s not like you’d be revealed as a human or something and turn suspicious eyes onto him.

"Good point, except for the fact that…

This wouldn’t be a very strong argument considering it was a reply to me pointing out you should have just not revealed your skill. Which pretty much implies that the witches know your skill in order for it to make sense. Like, knowing that it’s real, at the very least. Which is more than we do.

They might not know how it works, but considering your unlynchability from the start was entirely predisposed upon the random kill being a very dangerous blow for humans… Uh… So, either way, the only thing the witches needed to think was that they’d be doing a good thing for their team in killing you, which was the general consensus among people presuming you were being entirely honest."

“I already covered this. They could do that, but it would be a poor move on their part all things considered. They would be taking a guaranteed blow against the humans (if you’re being honest, which I’ve been arguing you are not) and turning it into an, at best, likely blow against the humans. All for a single lynch possibly being wasted. Meanwhile, killing the Azure would (again, only if you’re being honest) be no risk. One less human, a now constant stream of random extra damage each night which is far more likely to hit us than them, pretty much no chance of the protector guarding the Azure if this plan is going forward so they wouldn’t be worried about that, etc. The only downside is we could possibly lynch one of them the next day, but all things considered… The benefit to not lynching is pretty minor.”

"Okay, but I agree with this. I AM by far the most suspicious person cat here. "

:3