Rokkenjima Mafia Roulette II - The All-Piercing Blue [GAME OVER - Witch Victory]

Discussion heated up severely as people got more invested in figuring out what was going on. By the end of it, some stood out as trusted, some as distrusted. Only the night will tell whether or not everyone’s judgment was accurate.

You have 24 hours to send me your night actions if you have the ability to use one.

Good night, sleep well… may this night be a peaceful one…

@VyseGolbez @Blackrune @Antra @midsummer @thesorceress @EternalMagician @Doldod @Wonderlander @Rabla @Real @Kluck @MAFIA_Battler

When morning arrived everyone came in to see the voyager rolling on the floor in uproarious laughter. The sight was disturbing to everyone present. It took her a few minutes to regain her composure. When she finally did, that’s when they finally realized… their numbers had dwindled drastically. It would seem this had been an incredibly chaotic night.

MAFIA_Battler publicly shoots at Blackrune.

Blackrune has died, they were Watase Kasasagi, the Usurper.
midsummer has died, they were David Young, the Witch Aligned Cynical PI.
EternalMagician has died, they were Kyle Hyde, the Witch Aligned Sarcastic Detective.
Rabla has died, they were Hildibrand Helidor Maximillian Manderville, the Human Aligned Agent of Inquiry.

No one could say anything. After all, what had happened was completely absurd. But happen, it did, and it was up to them to deal with it.

You have 48 54 hours to make your Blue Truths. If everyone has already made theirs or otherwise makes it clear that they would be okay with the game moving on even though they still have a Claim or Press/Refute available, the phase may end early.

Blue Claims and Presses must be made at least three hours before the day phase ends. Any claims made after that will be ignored.

1 Like

4 deaths…

Neat.

Now this is very interesting.

@thesorceress spoke the truth and got rid of my modifier. Thanks for that.

Additionally, @Antra either spoke the truth or I was roleblocked, otherwise I would have publically shot at @Antra.

@Rabla died thanks to his modifier.

Going by the name “Usurper”, there is a good chance that Blackrune was able to shoot two people, as two witches died this night and the neutral party was killed by @MAFIA_Battler. There is a problem with this theory, though.

So now for other ability usage: @Wonderlander Whom did you target with your ability?
@Antra Whom did you protect if you spoke the truth?

Shooting 2 people as an innate? Don’t be ridiculous!

I’m honestly stumped though. How do you think the two witches died?

Two separate innate kills are far more likely, wouldn’t you say?

Still 2 witch deaths… 5 players…

Do you think we might be riding on the razor edge right now?

So there is a neutral party! That’s the only explanation I can think for @Blackrune (R.I.P.: thanks for taking out the witches if that was you.)

I’ve got, like, a thousand questions. @VyseGolbez, you didn’t shoot anyone last night? I can only assume there’s one more witch–I doubt they’d write three in this game. So, is there another neutrally aligned party? If there is, who are they and was Blackrune the only one? If anyone wants to take credit for taking out the witches last night, we’d be more than happy to hear you out. There’s nothing in the rules telling us to axe the neutrals, just the witches.

@MAFIA_Battler, why’d you target @Blackrune?

I thought we’d be able to discuss it overnight (I’m an idiot), so I had to go with my gut. I thought their egging on was suspicious.

That is more likely. And also only one possibility: Rabla and Blackrune had the innate kill. Furthermore, Blackrune’s was impossible to claim, as it must have been something like
Choose two targets. You learn the ability name of the first target and kill the second target.
which is obviously an ability that combines information with acting.

Why it can’t be anyone else? Simple:
@VyseGolbez claimed a different ability, the same one @MAFIA_Battler used.

@Antra claimed a different ability, a protect aimed at two people.

@midsummer claimed a different ability, the copy of an innate.

@thesorceress removed my modifier, so unless she can target a second person with her ability and kill that person (which would be acting, so more likely), I doubt she killed one of them.

@EternalMagician Why would a witch kill a witch?

@Wonderlander claimed a different ability, one allowing him to learn what abilities a player has used so far.

@MAFIA_Battler claimed a different ability, the one allowing a public kill, as we saw in the write-up.

I did. As it wasn’t announced, it means it got blocked, which means that either @Antra’s claim was correct (remember, I refuted him), or that I was roleblocked.

I used my ability on EternalMagician as it was suggested. On night 1, he used an ability called Cross. No idea what that could mean. He didn’t use anything last night though.

Vyse. Wouldn’t you not have the option to use it at all if your refute was directed at the truth? Or have I drastically misunderstood things up to this point?

No, you don’t know if your refutation has been successful or not. He still can use his ability but the only way he knows it is true or not is if it gets roleblocked or not.

As EternalMagician was refuted, it means his claim at least was correct and it did what he said it would, and worked like a Track. Unless I misunderstood the rules and someone falseclaiming something and getting refuted still gets to use their innate if they have one.

According to the rules, it is impossible for the refuter to know with 100% certainty that their refute was successful (i.e. they refuted a lie). For me getting the ability it only matters that I claimed it and no one refuted it.

Wow. That’s rough.

So how many total witches do you guys think there are?