Rokkenjima Mafia Roulette II - The All-Piercing Blue [GAME OVER - Witch Victory]

If you had actually targeted Battler too, the game would’ve ended in an even sillier way.

To think that had you targeted Battler too it would be an insta win for humans. That would be fricking fun.

Right. The humans would have given a witch a gun and won the game that way. ^^

Damn you stealing my line :confused:

The teams that were supposed to kill off the humans would’ve neatly killed each other unintentionally in a single night.

…I can only imagine how confused the humans would’ve been.

This was my spreadsheet for this game:

I’ll present the results and progression of this game in a nicer way later.

I mean, I did say @MAFIA_Battler should get play of the game. So someone photoshop him into one of those Overwatch result screens, please.

1 Like

Now that I think about it, Magic of Belief wasn’t used even once during this game. Not exactly how I expected this game to turn out.

Well, I guess us humans really can be summed up with this:

7 Likes

Overall, I think the human side would’ve done much better if they were less scared of the Magic of Belief.

If even one human gets an overpowered superability through, a witch has to spend their Magic of Belief blocking it, since killing one person is probably not going to be more of an advantage. This means that if three people are allowed to make blue claims that can’t be used for instant witch victory (say, multitarget elimination abilities), there has to be two witches among those three for the witches to make any progress they couldn’t already make with their innate abilities. And even then, the progress they could achieve is just a single kill. Whereas the human team can do pretty outlandish stuff with their blues.

The very first thing I posted in this thread after the game began was an attempt to steer people away from trying to think of overpowered blues and instead trying to play this like a normal mafia game. I doubt I had that much of an effect, but thankfully the human side started getting a bit bolder with their blue declarations only a moment before they all were wiped out in an instant.

8 Likes

This is the best thing ever.

Oh yeah, since I learned that pdfs cannot be linked here, this time I’ll just copy my notes the old fashioned way.

Notes

VyseGolbez (human aligned, have to kill Wonderlander, innate Cop, but with varying Sanity)
had the locked power to block a certain ability on day 1.
had the locked power to redirect a kill towards me to the killer if I guess the killer correctly on day 2.

IDEA: claim an ability that targets exactly two players and links them together for the rest of the game, meaning when one dies, the other dies as well. Furthermore, link their targets to make it less negative utility

• only locked and witch wants to claim from get go
  • giving three possible explanations for Wonderlander’s actions
  • pointing out the info Rabla was trying to get can be gotten through the thread itself
  • pointing out how claiming cop is against the rules
  • I chose to investigate thesorceress
  • starting to ask what people did
  • ask everyone who they think the witches are and who they think are mos likely human
  • No longer need to kill Wonderlander

Blackrune (died, other aligned)

• only making strong blue claims is a bad idea, as the witches could win basically immediately through that
  • letting only one person through is a good idea
  • either got the same PM or learned of my ability (or some crazy gambit and good reading and actually doctor)
  • Vyse (so I) has Logic Dive

Antra

• randomly chose Kluck to press him
  • has an ability this (2nd) day
  • also has an innate ability
  • claims protect aimed at two people
  • innate is called Size Up, he learns if someone has an innate

midsummer (died, witch aligned)

• there probably isn’t an instant win button.
  • randomly presses Rabla
  • figures out the implications of cop not possible to claim
  • arguments for thesorceress and me being human or witch
  • Antra is on top of his witch list,
  • no read on Battler
  • does the same analysis of himself
  • most trusts me, least trusts Antra and Wonderlander
  • claims to be able to copy an innate ability
  • Wonderlander is the only one able to use Magic, thus suspicious

thesorceress (investigate says human)

• how do we get info in this game?
  • maybe vote on the person to get a non refuted ability
  • leaning more towards Wonderlander being a witch or him not undertsanding the ruleset completely
  • suspicious of blue claims that went through
  • has an ability that can remove modifiers
  • misread my “I don’t trust myself”, points towards being human
  • modifier is blue truth related
  • most trusts me
  • wants to know identities before mistrusting
  • modified refers to additional things in a role (like my Vengeful)

EternalMagician (died, witch aligned)

• claims Track
  • tracked Wonderlander (said at a point where it was already known what he did)

Doldod (died, human aligned)

• wait for people to make claims
  • refutes Rabla
  • tries claiming cop (against rules)

Wonderlander (human)

• unsure of claiming his locked ability
  • claims watch
  • watched me, I was visited by Blackrune
  • has a locked ability again
  • claims to be able to gain a backlog of used abilities of a player

Rabla (maybe human)

• doesn’t want to claim his true ability, as he’s going to lose it once he claims it
  • has a hunch where our pieces come from
  • everyone is from that April Fools joke
  • didn’t become idol trash (kek)
  • he’s the FFXIV character
  • his ability also has a name
  • his ability tells him if someone used an ability
  • suspicious of Antra, who does he intend to protect?

Real (died, human aligned)

Kluck (human)

Battler (probably human)

• Getting a small amount to claim an obviously benefitial ability to find out who of them might be a witch
  • thinking of claiming protect
  • does not trust Wonderlander
  • figures that Wonderlander probably spoke truthfully
  • wants to claim a kill ability
  • points out that there’s no true randomness
  • least trusts Antra, midsummer, thesorceress, EternalMagician, Blackrune

Wow, I was considering Battler being a witch as a spectator. Since it would be the worst scenario, but I was never really sure.

What does this even mean?

also gg the person who is probably @pictoshark

We were “recruited” by Blackrune who were the Usurper and turned us into Ambivalent Witches. According to the PM this changed our goal to protect Blackrune (if he died then we would as well) as well as kill anyone who wasn’t an Ambivalent Witch. It also meant that we couldn’t converse with our fellow non-ambivalent witches until they were either dead or had been turned to our side.
But we had the bad luck of killing Blackrune that very night, killing us in the process.

This whole game was a comedy of errors in retrospect.

3 Likes

And in retrospect truly deserving to be called
Collaboration No Naku Koro Ni

2 Likes

For everyone but me, yeah.

##Records of Truth - Role PMs

VyseGolbez

[quote]You are Victorique de Bloise, the Vengeful Human Aligned Smrtloli. Your goal is to eliminate all Witch players, but you have to make sure your target is dead by that point.

Your target is Wonderlander. They are Human Aligned.

You have an innate ability!

###Logic Dive
Check a player’s alignment with varying sanity (see Cop Sanities). This ability passes on to another player of any alignment when used twice, or after three nights have passed. Sanity cycles every time it is passed on.

Postgame addendum: Original sanity was Naive, cycle was Naive to Sane to Paranoid to Sane to Insane to Insane, repeat.

Do note that since this ability does not conform to the rules of Blue Claims (as it interacts with players’ alignments), you cannot use it as a truthful Blue Claim.

Good luck, have fun.[/quote]

Blackrune

[quote]You are Watase Kasasagi, the Usurper.

Your role in this game is a special one: you are all on your own against everyone else. However, you are not without weapons. Unlike all other players, you have access to several innate abilities at the same time, though you can still only use one per night phase.

Eidetic Memory - Copy whatever ability a specific player uses at night. That ability can be used in any following night as a one-time use. Can be passed on to any player at any point in time.

Truesight - Learn the alignments of two targets. Cannot be used in Night 1.

Rewire - Target any number of players. If the player is Normal Witch Aligned, they turn into Ambivalent Witch Aligned. If the player is Normal Human Aligned, they turn into Vengeful Human Aligned with you as the target.

You are passively protected from the Witches’ Disable.

In addition you have access to extra information:

There are four types of Human players in this game: (Normal) Human, Skeptic Human, Confrontational Human and Vengeful Human. Their base victory condition is the same - killing all the witches as well as you (though they do not know of your existence). Skeptic Humans additionally need to do one successful Refutation per two day phases on average or else they die. Confrontational Humans must Press on Day 1 and can only have as many Blue Claims as Presses. Finally, Vengeful Humans only win the game if by the time they fulfill their victory condition their “target” has been eliminated, otherwise they lose.

All Witch players are currently Normal, however, with Rewire you can turn them “Ambivalent”. What does that mean? That means they are actually on your side! When converted they will learn of your identity and their goal changes to wanting you to survive and everyone else (who is not also ambivalent) to die. The tricky part is that you do not have a private chat to discuss strategies or even for everyone involved to be aware of each other’s new alignment! However, if the normal Witches are wiped out and there are only ambivalent witches remaining, you are finally allowed to enter a mutual chat. At that point you can finally work together to bring the human team down.

Good luck. You have a large burden on your shoulders this time around.[/quote]

Antra

[quote]You are Kaede Akamatsu, the Confrontational Human Aligned Ultimate Pianist. Your goal is to eliminate all Witch players.

As a Confrontational Human, you have an additional twist to deal with. You have to make a Press on Day 1, otherwise you will die in Night 1. Also, you can only make a Blue Claim if the total number of Presses you have done is equal to or higher than the number of Claims you have made. (So you can claim if you’ve done 2 claims and 2 presses total, but you cannot claim when you’ve done 3 claims and 2 presses total; you need to press an additional time before doing your next claim)

If you try to claim when you are not allowed to, your claim will be automatically silently refuted at nighttime. Don’t worry, you won’t die from it (unlike if you fail to Press on Day 1), but until you make up the difference in Presses and Claims by pressing more, you won’t be able to claim again.

###Size Up
Check if a player has an innate ability or not. This ability passes on to another player when claimed, or when not used during a night. This ability mutates into another ability when used twice by the same player.

midsummer

[quote]You are David Young, the Witch Aligned Cynical PI. Your goal is to eliminate all Human players.

You have access to an Innate Ability!

###Plan B
Eliminate a player.
This ability passes on to a random player of the opposite alignment whenever used.

thesorceress

[quote]You are Mio Nishizono, the Human Aligned Poetic Recluse. Your goal is to eliminate all Witch players.

###Liberate
Target a single player. If the target is Human Aligned, but has an additional modifier on them, they will turn into a normal Human Aligned player. Does nothing if the target is already normal Human Aligned or is not Human Aligned at all. This ability is lost when used twice.

Do note that since this ability does not conform to the rules of Blue Claims (as it interacts with players’ alignments), you cannot use it as a truthful Blue Claim.

EternalMagician

[quote]You are Kyle Hyde, the Witch Aligned Sarcastic Detective. Your goal is to eliminate all Human players.

You do not have an innate ability. You will have to bring your power into existence by your own hand.

Doldod

[quote]You are Naoto Shirogane, the Skeptic Human Aligned Detective Prince. Your goal is to eliminate all Witch players.

As a Skeptic Human, you have an additional twist to deal with. You have to, on average, make a successful Refutation once every two days. At the end of every even-numbered day, if you haven’t done enough Refutations, you will die during the night.

You do not have an innate ability. You will have to bring your power into existence by your own hand.

Wonderlander

[quote]You are Phi, the Human Aligned Time Shifter. Your goal is to eliminate all Witch players.

Rabla

[quote]You are Hildibrand Helidor Maximillian Manderville, the Skeptic Human Aligned Agent of Inquiry. Your goal is to eliminate all Witch players.

As a Skeptic Human, you have an additional twist to deal with. You have to, on average, make a successful Refutation once every two days. At the end of every even-numbered day, if you haven’t done enough Refutations, you will die during the night.

###Watchful Eye
Check if a player does something or not during the night. This ability passes on to another player of any alignment when used twice, or when claiming this ability, or when claiming other abilities twice.

Real

[quote]You are Miles Edgeworth, the Confrontational Human Aligned Prosecuting Attorney. Your goal is to eliminate all Witch players.

As a Confrontational Human, you have an additional twist to deal with. You have to make a Press on Day 1, otherwise you will die in Night 1. Also, you can only make a Blue Claim if the total number of Presses you have done is equal to or higher than the number of Claims you have made. (So you can claim if you’ve done 2 claims and 2 presses total, but you cannot claim when you’ve done 3 claims and 2 presses total; you need to press an additional time before doing your next claim)

If you try to claim when you are not allowed to, your claim will be automatically silently refuted at nighttime. Don’t worry, you won’t die from it (unlike if you fail to Press on Day 1), but until you make up the difference in Presses and Claims by pressing more, you won’t be able to claim again.

###Guardian Angel
Ask me a question about the game’s workings (not the participants), and I will answer to the best of my abilities. This ability passes on to a random player of the opposite alignment every three nights.

Kluck

[quote]You are Miyako Anzai, the Human Aligned Cinderella Holmes. Your goal is to eliminate all Witch players.

MAFIA_Battler

[quote]You are Lambdadelta, the Witch Aligned Witch of Certainty. Your goal is to eliminate all Human players.

You have access to an Innate Ability!

###Red Truth
Cancels a single Blue Claim.
This ability can be passed on to another player at any point in time, at will.

1 Like