Rokkenjima Mafia Roulette - The Head's Ring [Game Over - Witch Side Victory]

Suggestting something will probably get me falsely accused of being a witch again, especially since now I know no one is willing to give me the benefit of the doubt so I will go along with pretty much everything besides my own execution.

Though I would be ecstatic if Rest were to be killed. :smile:

To elaborate the reason I suggest to pick at random is that I feel it’s way too easy for the witches to play a “usefulness” system by being a bit more active so they won’t be picked this round. By choosing randomly we, at least, have a chance of catching a witch immediately.

I’ma make a chart.

Vote:
Random number generator: 1 (EternalMagician)
Usefulness, as determined by…something: 1 (Restkastel)
Just shooting Restkastel: 1 (Wonderlander)
Other, tbd: 0

Vote now or be tied to pictoshark’s whims.

1 Like

I am not voting to off Restkastel. I just said I would be happy if he died. That is not an active vote. I won’t vote.

Vote:
Random number generator: 1 (EternalMagician)
Usefulness, as determined by…something: 1 (Restkastel)
Just shooting Restkastel: 0
Other, tbd: 0

Vote now, etc, etc.

Entirely through my effort~

Compare the top post of this thread to the top post of the last game’s thread.

This one has no section for Night Actions so I think there are no abilities.

Still we might as well make this new game master pull their weight…

Hoy! @Rabla! Repetition requested: The only thing that differentiates players is their starting team, whether they are the randomly chosen starting Family Head and whether they are the randomly chosen starting Family Alchemist.

The Crimson would elaborate on rules all the time, and I bet you wouldn’t want to show yourself to be even more incompetent than him, right?

I hope you get back to us soon Azzy!

Gonna be honest, I’d be pretty amazed if you did manage to vote.

@thesorceress! Please continue with your chart, I’d like you to track any outcomes players have deemed favorable in it. It’s unlikely it will sway me, but leaving that info for other players to make deductions from is very important. Thank you! Also could you please give your opinion on Restkastel’s execution?

We don’t need to vote, Picto has already made his decision. I’m honestly fine with anyone getting lynched except me.

I think the only way we can gain information right now is by shooting in the dark and seeing who reacts and how. Picto made a decision not based open any hard logic (because there isn’t any) and instead made an emotional vote.

The usefulness tactic is valid, but I prefer not to play my Mafia games in such a meta way. If we start organising our players into ‘tiers of usefulness’ then either the best or worst players will get killed off at the start of every game. That’s pretty removed from my definition of fun.

Mine?

I’m not certain. On one hand, I don’t really like being called incompetent so there’s that, though I really don’t think Reskastel’s any better or worse of a choice than anyone else at this stage of the game. He’s trying to push other people under the bus, but a human or a witch would do them same in his situation to avoid execution.

The problem is Rest is generally smart and useful, which can be an advantage if put on the side of good but can completely destroy us all if on the evil side. I don’t think they’re a bad choice for the second reason but we could loose a valuable player if executed and they’re a human.

So, I’m not certain. I think I prefer executing Rest over random number generator or some vague concept of usefulness but I honestly think there’s some value of executing whoever doesn’t talk. If for no other reason than both the last two mafia games I played someone was modkilled for inactivity.

Of course, if you’re a witch you’ve probably already made your choices so who knows what’s up. No one. Because we don’t know anything yet.

Lynching whoever doesn’t talk is also A-OK with me.

Hm, Azzy? You look like you just remembered that you forgot about something.

1 Like

Just so everyone knows I have a meeting all day today (yay…) so I’ll probably only be able to join in on the discussion during the breaks. I’ll be more active once the meeting is finished.

If @pictoshark decides to lynch me I’ll accept that but now you at least know why I won’t be talking that much for a while.

Azzy?

No, I didn’t forget anything. I just want to make it clear that I’m A-OK with anyone getting lynched but me. If you really wanna suspect picto, then at least lynching whoever doesn’t talk strips him of initiative and kicks out people who aren’t contributing. I don’t think it will increase our odds of killing a witch, but it does have that advantage. Only disadvantage would be that it forces the witches to speak. Without that, maybe we could’ve isolated anyone acting suspiciously quiet, but now everyone is forced to talk. Oh well, damage has been done.

So that’s fine, but I’m also 100% okay with lynching Rest coz he’s a dick. Picto has had an antagonistic relationship with him in previous games so following that, Rest is the only person he could pick under that pretence. If he’s a witch he could be using that pretence as an excuse to kill a human, but well, I don’t really mind either way.

I’m much more interested in observing people’s reactions than successfully getting a witch on the first try.

Nonononono.

Not talking about you.

Who the hell is Azzy…

TIME STAND STILL.

I, Rhythmia vi Rusalka, Maiden of Azure, invoke the creation-level magic skill of Retcon.

In the original ruleset for the gametype, there was another Role in play. However, due to a lack of provided scenarios and materials along with the setup, I had intended to not use it due to it being really unclear about how it actually benefits the game at all.

However, after seeing the initial discussion and some confusion about a lack of risk in certain scenarios, I’ve deliberated with a certain loud Voyager and decided to add it into the gameboard retroactively.

Introducing the “Favoured Heir”

This Player has a unique property where, when chosen as an Execution target, will instead cause the Family Head who tried to execute them to die instead. This ability is One-Time Only.

Upon Activation, certain factors come into play for this Player;

• They are, obviously, publicly revealed as the Favoured Heir. And of course, a Human Player.
  • They lose the ability to be elected as the Family Head. They must pay for the crime against the Family they caused.
  • And this is the most important; They no longer count towards the Remaining Humans tally, making it one point less for a Witch Victory.

This means a Human Head killing them reduces the count for Majority Victory by two; one for the dead Head, and one for the Heir. It also makes them less of a risk for the Witches to keep around, despite them being a trustable Human opinion.

It is also important to explicity state there is only one of these.

So, that’s why I had taken my time on answering @thesorceress and @pictoshark on the existence of additional roles, because if I added this in any later than now it would just be weird and probably balance-damaging.

This role has, as of this post, already been assigned and sent out to the Player who will play this part. I apologize for any inconvenience.

And so,

##LET TIME MOVE FORWARD ONCE MORE

My my, this is certainly an interesting gameboard so far.

Just to let you know~

I think I just figured it out.

Dammit Picto why are you making yourself so suspicious

Oh, I was going to ask how you got Azzy from my wonderful name, but I just figured out myself that you took it from my signature colour.

Ehhh.

Could picto be the alchemist?