Rokkenjima Mafia Roulette - The Head's Ring [Game Over - Witch Side Victory]

Nobody’s really done anything yet that’d make me immediately think they’re a detriment if left alive.
I guess there might be some logic to going for those that haven’t talked simply because we’ll have to mostly work this out by what people say, and it’s hard to judge people that haven’t said or done anything. Of course there’s still plenty of time for everyone to throw in their two cents on this.

@Restkastel @StarTurner @Karifean @Antra @Blackrune @EternalMagician @thesorceress @Wonderlander @Aspirety

Restkastel raises a good point, hit useless players… Who’s useless to the human side… Ah! People who don’t speak!

If any players have not spoken (or barely spoken) by the end of this phase I will strike one of them instead of Rest.

If you don’t know what to make your post about, try talking about whether I should shoot Rest, or if you have a better idea for a target.

But we don’t! know! anything!

What happened to your hatred and emotion based decisions.

On a more serious note, the only justification I can think of to shoot those who aren’t talking is that witches got a separate chat and that if they’re not talking here they might be talking there. It’s pretty legitimately hard to figure out who’s going to be “useful” at this stage of the game. We don’t know what abilities people have right now or what they might get as we go on.

This is not true. The issue here is that as far as I can tell there are only two roles besides witches. Those being the Alchemist and the Head, and both of those pass to another person upon the death of the owner. By usefulness I mean in their thinking skills and how they have played in other games and how likely they are to be useful in discussions if we assume them to be human.

I am aware of the competence firsthand of @pictoshark and @Karifean though Pictoshark did have a blunder in the last game.

@Aspirety Managed to get himself elected as Oyashiro in another forum game.

I get the feeling that @Blackrune would be useful at least as far as I could tell from the last secret oyashiro and a bit of instinct.

I dont have much of a read on @Antra so I cannot say either way. Same goes for @EternalMagician.

@StarTurner didn’t do much to contribute to the secret oyashiro game last time around. @Wonderlander could have been named as the OTK MVP while being a Progressive, and you were fooled by me for a decently long time. Hence why I named those particular names. Arguments for or against the others would be welcome, but I was merely putting forward what my opinion was.

2 Likes

Correct me if I’m wrong but I voted against you dude.

Though, I’m not certain we can say for definite that there are no additional abilities that people have. @Rabla, is everyone who’s not a witch vanilla?

In the last round. Correct me if I am wrong but you were bought everything hook line and sinker until I had to start going all out because of deck screw.

Pretty sure the only ones I was trusting were Usagi and Blackrune. Though you’re right, I didn’t think you were Oyashiro.

We’re getting a little off topic though. @pictoshark has asked for imput and, though we have very little info we can at least attempt to figure out something to do. I really want to know if anyone has any abilities, I think the rules were vague enough that that’s still possible, but without an answer from Rabla I don’t think there’s any figuring that out.

Is there anyone who has any ideas on how a person could be picked? Other than random number generator, general usefulness, and pictoshark’s hatred for Reskastel because that’s all we have so far.

Sorry but i just woke up so it was kinda difficult for me to respond until now :sweating:

But as for who to choose I guess that choosing at random is better for the first round, at least that way we have a small chance to catch a witch

That’s one vote random number generator and one vote usefulness of I’m reading EternalMagician and Restkastel right. Anyone else got a vote/different suggestion?

Suggestting something will probably get me falsely accused of being a witch again, especially since now I know no one is willing to give me the benefit of the doubt so I will go along with pretty much everything besides my own execution.

Though I would be ecstatic if Rest were to be killed. :smile:

To elaborate the reason I suggest to pick at random is that I feel it’s way too easy for the witches to play a “usefulness” system by being a bit more active so they won’t be picked this round. By choosing randomly we, at least, have a chance of catching a witch immediately.

I’ma make a chart.

Vote:
Random number generator: 1 (EternalMagician)
Usefulness, as determined by…something: 1 (Restkastel)
Just shooting Restkastel: 1 (Wonderlander)
Other, tbd: 0

Vote now or be tied to pictoshark’s whims.

1 Like

I am not voting to off Restkastel. I just said I would be happy if he died. That is not an active vote. I won’t vote.

Vote:
Random number generator: 1 (EternalMagician)
Usefulness, as determined by…something: 1 (Restkastel)
Just shooting Restkastel: 0
Other, tbd: 0

Vote now, etc, etc.

Entirely through my effort~

Compare the top post of this thread to the top post of the last game’s thread.

This one has no section for Night Actions so I think there are no abilities.

Still we might as well make this new game master pull their weight…

Hoy! @Rabla! Repetition requested: The only thing that differentiates players is their starting team, whether they are the randomly chosen starting Family Head and whether they are the randomly chosen starting Family Alchemist.

The Crimson would elaborate on rules all the time, and I bet you wouldn’t want to show yourself to be even more incompetent than him, right?

I hope you get back to us soon Azzy!

Gonna be honest, I’d be pretty amazed if you did manage to vote.

@thesorceress! Please continue with your chart, I’d like you to track any outcomes players have deemed favorable in it. It’s unlikely it will sway me, but leaving that info for other players to make deductions from is very important. Thank you! Also could you please give your opinion on Restkastel’s execution?

We don’t need to vote, Picto has already made his decision. I’m honestly fine with anyone getting lynched except me.

I think the only way we can gain information right now is by shooting in the dark and seeing who reacts and how. Picto made a decision not based open any hard logic (because there isn’t any) and instead made an emotional vote.

The usefulness tactic is valid, but I prefer not to play my Mafia games in such a meta way. If we start organising our players into ‘tiers of usefulness’ then either the best or worst players will get killed off at the start of every game. That’s pretty removed from my definition of fun.

Mine?

I’m not certain. On one hand, I don’t really like being called incompetent so there’s that, though I really don’t think Reskastel’s any better or worse of a choice than anyone else at this stage of the game. He’s trying to push other people under the bus, but a human or a witch would do them same in his situation to avoid execution.

The problem is Rest is generally smart and useful, which can be an advantage if put on the side of good but can completely destroy us all if on the evil side. I don’t think they’re a bad choice for the second reason but we could loose a valuable player if executed and they’re a human.

So, I’m not certain. I think I prefer executing Rest over random number generator or some vague concept of usefulness but I honestly think there’s some value of executing whoever doesn’t talk. If for no other reason than both the last two mafia games I played someone was modkilled for inactivity.

Of course, if you’re a witch you’ve probably already made your choices so who knows what’s up. No one. Because we don’t know anything yet.

Lynching whoever doesn’t talk is also A-OK with me.

Hm, Azzy? You look like you just remembered that you forgot about something.

1 Like

Just so everyone knows I have a meeting all day today (yay…) so I’ll probably only be able to join in on the discussion during the breaks. I’ll be more active once the meeting is finished.

If @pictoshark decides to lynch me I’ll accept that but now you at least know why I won’t be talking that much for a while.