Rokkenjima Secret Oyashiro III [Finished - One True Kings Victory]

Damn it tried 3 logics so far and they all result in chancellor nomination after having been part of a government.

This is hard!

Choice 1 was "the person following your alphabetical order"
Choice 2 was “order of introduction in which people posted” (would’ve been, really, the best, as this is truly out of anyone’s control by this point, only akafa123 not having posted and thus falling last)
Choice 3 was choice 2 but reserved…

Usually you do, “the person X ahead of you on the list”. Just pick a value for X.

Whatever, I would’ve rather do an alternative thing to spice things up, but it doesn’t appear to work like I’d want, so I’ll just pick a random variable between 2 and 9 as X (in order to avoid 1).

… and the result is 7…
I nominate thesorceress
@thesorceress Hoping very much that luck is on my side in this randomness.

I’m actually glad this is not 5 as pocketyhat would’ve suggested, because that would end up creating mirror pairs which is kinda exactly what resulted in troubles the last time, from what I can see.

1 Like

Voting Phase

@UsagiTenpura @Blackrune @akafa123 @PictoShark @Restkastel @StarTurner @PocketyHat @thesorceress @Wonderlander @Rabla

Since our presidential candidate has chosen a chancellor, it’s time for everyone to vote.

President: UsagiTenpura
Chancellor: thesorceress

Do you trust these two to represent you and the entire village of Hinamizawa and enact a policy on your behalf? You have 24 more hours to get your votes in.

Everyone please send a PM with your vote (YES or NO) to me. This includes you as well, UsagiTenpura and thesorceress, your votes count just like anyone else’s. You are free to use the “Secret Oyashiro III PMs” private conversation for this purpose.

You are also free to continue discussing in this topic if you feel unsure on how to vote and want to ask the opinions of others, or if you want to convince others to vote a certain way, or even just to do some small talk with the other council members. If you’ve already cast your vote and you want to change it you are free to do so by sending me another PM, but once I’ve received all of your votes I will reveal them and obviously by then it’s too late to change your vote.

The time limit on voting is 24 hours from the president’s nomination onwards. Even if I happen to be asleep at the time of the nomination, the time limit still starts and you may send me your votes. Let’s keep this game moving forward, shall we?

Quick Rules Review: If an absolute majority (>50%) votes YES, the vote succeeds and the president and chancellor get to enact a policy. If 50% or more vote NO, the vote fails and the next candidate in line (Blackrune in this case) gets to choose a chancellor. If three votes fail in a row, a random policy from the stock is simply enacted without question. The stock currently consists of 11 radical policies and 6 progressive policies.

1 Like

No Information. We need information. ∴ we should vote yes.

2 Likes

In order to gain as much information as possible, I would appreciate if everyone could justify their votes, if it’s not too much trouble. This doesn’t have to be done before the vote result comes out however, and I’m not asking for much of a justification. Any form of information remains important.

I vote yes because I at the very least can trust myself, and don’t have any reason to particularly distrust thesorceress, yet.

1 Like

Oh me!

Don’t worry, I’ll do my best for the people of this town.

Hey everyone, I hope you will trust me more this time and we will win this game just like the mafia one!
Should we already vote? Maybe we can talk at first.

There’s almost nothing to talk about. The first vote basically always passes unless the pres does something REALLY stupid. We have no information right now.

Well my justification is that we know nothing and might as well vote yes to see what happens. Any concerns right now would just be based on some vague gut feelings depending on everyone’s first couple posts - not exactly reliable, and probably slowing down the beginning more than needed.

3 Likes

I do apologize for missing the meet and greet, I was a bit asleep due to my schedule being more than a bit screwy. I do agree with picto that we should probably just vote yes to get information on our fellow progressives just to show everyone that they are indeed our allies. No need to be suspicious until someone starts implementing radical policies after all.

I am reminded that we haven’t established a rule for who, between president and chancellor, speak first about what is it they obtained.

However that was a pictoshark made suggestion as well last time…

Since I just made a decision that will endure for most of the game, I would appreciate if someone else made this choice. I would also appreciate if pictoshark didn’t make this choice, no offence, but I think it would be for the best to let someone else pick it up this time.

I recommend that the chancellor speaks first. Thats what the meta is in secret hitler in general.

A few other meta rules that tend to fly around. “Dont give chancellor to the next president” because it gives people a bit too much power.

@pictoshark drew up an auto calculating spreadsheet for this game. Here are the results for first round.

Odds for each draw of three are:

PPP 02.94%
PPR 24.26%
PRR 48.52%
RRR 24.26%

1 Like

I agree that if we have a rule on this, chancellor should speak up first.

(though I will add that if a radical policy is passed, it’s preeetty likely the chancellor will always claim they got two radical policies, anyway. So in that case it might not be all that necessary to wait for them.)

3 Likes

It’s important when they get liberal policies.

Editing a post is bad mmmk. Rules say dont. You can double post though because of this.

Yeah guys, do not edit posts during the game. If you need to add something, just double post. It’s fine.

Whoops, I forgot cause it was just a small addition. Force of habit. My bad, will try to not do it again.

Anyway, yeah. I see the merit when it’s about liberal policies, which is why I’d be fine with it.

2 Likes

The first government was unanimously accepted! Off to a great start!

Government Phase

Our new government has once again the obligation of leading Hinamizawa. Let us pray that their choice is in the best interest of the entire village.

UsagiTenpura and thesorceress, you two may not post in this topic until the government phase has concluded.

1 Like

@UsagiTenpura @Blackrune @akafa123 @PictoShark @Restkastel @StarTurner @PocketyHat @thesorceress @Wonderlander @Rabla

Gather round, members of the council! The government has made their choice, a new policy has been enacted!

“In order to discourage today’s youth from joining the radicals, they will be renamed and henceforth known as the ‘Grumpy Old Men’.”

Quite the progressive policy, of course. How effective the policy turns out to be remains to be seen, but at the very least some council members started chuckling when it was read out loud.

Current game status

Radical Grumpy Old Men policies played: 0
Progressive policies played: 1
Next presidential privilege unlocked by radical GOM policy: Investigation
Previous government: UsagiTenpura and thesorceress
Remaining policies in stock: 14

Nomination Phase

@Blackrune, you are the current presidential candidate, please nominate a chancellor. Do note that UsagiTenpura and thesorceress cannot be nominated as chancellors since they were part of the previous government. Feel free to take your time and discuss the results of the previous government phase with your fellow council members, but once you’ve made up your mind regarding a chancellor, please state their name in bold. We will then start the voting. You have 24 hours to choose someone.

Remember, as soon as Blackrune nominates a chancellor, the voting begins and with it the 24 hour time limit. It looks to be likely that I might be asleep when it happens, so go ahead and vote in the meantime~

2 Likes