Rokkenjima Website Updates

An Oni who is about to Onikakushi her away foreverかな? :hauu:

3 Likes

I hope for you that this wasn’t a big spoiler of some kind and just a stupid joke. Because seriously.

Haha, no, just a joke because I harbor a large amount of disdain for Satoko.

MY EYES. ITS TOO BRIGHT.

Hisses

In all seriousness, I want the old skin back. Maybe theres an option for users to pick their skins for the site?

Bleh. Its still Melting my eyes. Its too bad a simple feature like this isn’t on discourse. I know a lot of other forum software lets you have entirely different themes and layouts that users can switch between.

1 Like

For once I have to agree with @Restkastel here. On phone, the background is pure white, and it basically burns my eyes. Maybe the shade could.be darker or something?

1 Like

I like it… for once it makes me feel like I’m not lurking around a den of sin.

JK. But I do actually like it.

1 Like

Looking P fresh tbh.

I’ll be missing Rokenjima though. Guess I’ll get used to living in a town full of crazies/

I really liked the previous theme, so I’m sad to see it go. I’m not a huge fan of bright white colour schemes, so it’ll take a while for me to get used to this new look.

A bright and cheerful theme like this probably does attract more bright and cheerful types, but the previous theme wasn’t without its charm, either. I wouldn’t have called it intimidating - I found it more “mysterious” or “intriguing” than anything negative.

Aww yeah I’m really excited to talk about some Owari no Hoshi no Love Song guys. Huh what? What’s a tea party??

I promise I’ll actually read at least Higurashi soon ;_;

1 Like

Thank goodness I saw this new background before late at night. Lord knows my eyes need a break after witnessing GaaNjo. shudders

1 Like

We’ve been in the middle of it for a few months now :joyful:

1 Like

I really like this theme. Gives me a fuzzy warm feeling haha. :slight_smile:

Mostly I agree with not minding the light theme on the side, which is why I haven’t really voiced an opinion. But then I saw a problem:

This is red text.

This is blue text.

This is lime text.

This is yellow text.

This is pink text.

Above you see the text colors that were used in various topics. Those colors were chosen with a dark theme in mind, since we had a dark theme at the time. As you can see, especially yellow and pink text is now basically unreadable.

rip @pictoshark’s participation methods in gameboards

Huh, it is actually mostly @pictoshark that used the latter two colors. The other one who used pink was @pik3rob, however both used that in the Umineko Episode 4 (spoiler-free) discussion, a topic which is more likely to be read through by someone else at a later point. So they would either have to change every instance of pink text to another color which can be read on both dark and light backgrounds, as I assume both dark and light themes are possible in the future, or I don’t know.

I just have to wait for this moment of insanity to pass and for @Aspirety to switch it back. Rokkenjima hurts my eyes right now.

But seriously though, I kinda liked the older theme better because it’s much easier on the eyes. Especially at night.

I also prefer the old design over this one :confused:
I like darker themes in general, so this…bright…solution is not necessarily to my taste^^