The murder weapon (Umineko spoilers)

To be fair, the bomb already went off at that point. Rosa and Maria trying to escape Rokkenjima is nothing but fiction as they already died at that point.

True, and Umineko does do this quite often. Though I would say that the narration does lie to the readers sometimes-like the whole forget me not being a flower for truth when its really a flower for true and undying love.

But I guess no one here really knows that much about guns so we can’t say for sure.

In Ep. 2’s “reality”, Rosa found sayo dead, and tried to escape off Rokkenjima with Maria when she realized the bomb couldnt be disarmed. That is why I brought up how the fantasy scenes can be loosely based on “real” events.

Correct, unless somebody brings up something else, this discussion will never have a concrete, indisputable answer. all we can do is theorize, and pick which theory you agree with the most.

1 Like

Actually, I don’t think Rosa knew about the bomb or the fact that Sayo was Beatrice. Which could be one of the reasons why she was still calling for Beatrice in the front of the chapel just before the bomb went off-she wanted her full portion still.

I quite honestly can’t be bothered to verify what did or didn’t happen in EP.2, so I’ll let your point stand. Regardless, there is some truth woven into the fantasy scenes of Umineko.

Of course. The fantasy scenes aren’t just there for spectacle, they always have some amount of truth in them. And whoever thinks the fantasy scenes offer nothing is frankly an idiot.

That being said I do think that misdirection can be used as well, but I suppose there’s no point in debating any further.

Hm…well besides the fact that you had storms covering up the gunshot noises despite how loud or not loud they might be. (I wanna believe confession about them not being loud but that’s kinda a reach even with a silencer, but hey)

Still most of them time people are so far away from each other between the mansion or the guess house or even inside the mansion its easy to imagine they couldn’t hear it?
Uh like 1st twilight from ep one? Quick one shot from the servant room and run to dining room for the siblings and its done.
The cousins/servants/nanjo are at the guesthouse so they can’t hear it and even natsuhi is like on the 2nd or 3rd floor of the mansion and again with the storm it could possible not to hear it…

Or alternatively

the sound of thunder that “covered up” the sound of a gunshot, could have just been the gunshot misheard for thunder?

1 Like