Umineko Chess [GAME 1] (FULL SERIES SPOILERS) [FINISHED]

And now for something completely different in here, an interesting and quite unique literal chessboard using Umineko characters to play.

We started playing this game just some hours ago on 4chan, when unfortunately the evil Meanie Mod deleted the whole thing.

Luckily for us, it was all saved in this link right here:
https://warosu.org/jp/thread/S17599822

Without further addo, let me explain the rules in this:

1- This is your usual chess game, except anyone can participate whenever they so want.
2- All of the pieces are represented by Umineko characters, each side representing either the Humans or the Witches team on Rokkenjima.
3- There’s a chessboard image being constantly updated with each selected move done by the players.
4- That said, anyone can play in either side if they want, and their move will be chosen as long as said individual is the first person to post a valid move after the very next image update (meaning, each time a valid move is done and the image updated with said move, the next valid move can be done by anyone willing to play, as long as they post first).
5- In addition to that, we also implemented a rule were each person must impersonate the character they requested the movement of. This pretty much means, they write a one-liner for that given move of said character, possibly interacting with the other characters surrounding him in the chessboard.

For an example taken from the original thread:

George b5 (which was attacking knight Chiester 45 in c6)
“I eat lots of bunnies during my many meals, missy. I hope you are prepared to get cooked”

The real fun in here will probably be the random interactions between the characters, some of which probably would never have interacted with these otherwise. You can use any spoilers as a meaning of comunication between the characters if you so want. Just don’t write stuff that is too screwed up at that, as it could go against the guidelines of this forum.

This whole thing follows quite closely Ryukishi’s way of creating character interactions and his plot building for his works, as said by himself “I just like to throw my characters in various circumstances and see how each of them will interact with each other and the given situation in hand during said chapter”… or something along those lines, during that interview. In other words, I’m sure it will be quite an interesting experiment to do in here as a game.

Just to finish, this is pretty much an experiment, we can think of suggestions for additional rules since this game isn’t completely anonymous anymore (like, people who posted for one side can only post movements for that side… or something, we can decide that later for a possible next game).

Anyone willing to make the first move, just go for it!

3 Likes

Then, I’ll start. Hideyoshi to E4
"Victory goes to those who strike first!"

1 Like

Also, I forgot to add this, but @edit_anon will be the one responsible for the image updates.

1 Like

Goat-kun to H5!

“I’m sorry, little goat sister… Your Onii-chan always caused you so much trouble.”

1 Like

A good start. Board updated. White’s turn is next.

1 Like

This game seems fun. I’m not so great at chess, but hopefully I can make up for it with convincing dialogue? We’ll see.

Kyrie to G3

“Hideyoshi-san might have a point. After all, if one doesn’t move quickly and carefully, their prey might be stolen from right under their nose…”

2 Likes

No need to worry about how good you are. Having both sides open to new moves should keep the playing field relatively even. Plus, half the fun comes from the dialogue and the scenario it builds.

Blacks turn.

1 Like

Kinzo to A4
"BEATORIIIICEEEEEEE WHERE ARE YOU, MY LOVE?" :kinzo:

(Wait it’s not white’s turn, but you can do it next hehe)

2 Likes

Good line, but we still need a black move first.

Edit: It seems my account is too new to post anymore replies in this topic. I apologize for the inconvenience, but for now I will update the board via editing this comment.

Edit: It seems the issue has been resolved.

1 Like

Make sure to repeat your move when the image update, @akafa123 (so we can follow the rules to a T) haha

I’ll move the black in this case.
Chiester 410 to F6
"Nihihihi! Target adquired, preparing for an incoming strike!"

2 Likes

I’ll take up the mantle in Akafa’s place then.

1 Like

"H-hey! Now is not the time to mess with my ears… Gaap st-st-stop!

That tickles!

Oh no, the shot flew wild!"

Chiester 410 to D5

2 Likes

White’s turn.

1 Like

White E4 takes D5.

White claims first piece.
Chiester 410: Taken out by Hideyoshi after stumbling onto the front lines.

New layout

Black’s turn

1 Like

@thesorceress Add a phrase for Chiester 410 too, if you can.
That’s the fun part.

1 Like

Satan to C5.

“Hehehe… I’m gonna be the first one to taste their flesh!”

1 Like

White’s turn

1 Like

Kanon to C3

“…Take a step back. As furniture, it is my role to protect you.”

2 Likes

Black’s turn.

1 Like