Umineko: Golden Fantasia Releasing on December 8! (Answer Arc Spoilers)

As if Umineko Answer Arcs launching wasn’t enough, Mangagamer have today announced the release date of Umineko’s fighting game: Golden Fantasia, scheduled to release on the 8th of December! A Steam Page of the game has been published in preparation. You can add it to your wishlist and jump on the community hub right now! They have announced that the game has new and improved rollback netplay for more smooth online gameplay. When the game releases, we’re gonna be doing a lot on Rokkenjima to give fans of the game a place to discuss the game, find others to compete with, and tourneys to participate in. Closer to release we’ll have more to announce on this front, but in the meantime, we hope you’ll join us in looking forward to this release! After we finished reading Chiru of course. Blitz!

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://rokkenjima.org/umineko-golden-fantasia-releasing-december-8-answer-arc-spoilers/
5 Likes

I’m so excited! I have been waiting for this for a long time.

So excited!!!
I remember when OMK was out, and it was nearly impossible to do the online multi-player, and IDK if it was only me, but it didn’t let me define a multi player even on my own game lmao.

I’m most excited about the English translation! I got the first OMK + downloaded the new characters patches when they added them.

Perhaps when the game is out, we can give some time to refresh ourselves and try to do a forum tournament! It could be pretty cool!
What do you think, everyone?

2 Likes

I’d like to hold tourneys in three regions: Asia/Pacific, Europe and North America. That way we can find groups of people who can play together without major latency issues.

Maybe we can organise some kind of Golden Fantasia school to equip people with the basics of how to play and improve their technique. Tutorial videos would be a great start; we can even prepare them before the localisation releases.

Of course this isn’t something I could do, since I’m a complete amateur~

1 Like

Since I have been playing the game for about 5 years now I would gladly volunteer for taking part into tutorial projects of any kind to make it easier for people to get into the game. Due to this game being pretty damn dead I hope for that to change with the Steam release cause its easily my favorite traditional 2d fighting game mechanically and its hard to find people to play it with.

3 Likes

Just a little trivia for those who were curious about that choice: Ryukishi told me that they chose French for the interface text because it looked cool, even though you would expect Italian considering the references in umineko.

And just so you know: they just rolled with that and didn’t think about asking us for references, hence why the French in there is pretty… questionable. Unfortunately, it wasn’t possible to have the assets redone for its release in general, but that’s just minor details I guess.

4 Likes

Also because I have been very confused for awhile, could someone tell me if OMK and Golden Fantaisia are two different games or not?

Golden Fantasia appears to be the localized name for the latest OMK title. We should be getting all the characters and content that has been available in the very latest and recent version of it that Japan has had.

2 Likes

Ougon Musou Kyoku is simply the original name. Golden Fantasia is based on Ougon Musou Kyoku Cross, so with every characters, including the DLC such as Bernkastel.

3 Likes

Thanks! I kept going back and forth never knowing for sure so its nice to get that cleared up

Sounds like we’re in quite a similar position then, though I haven’t been playing it for quite that long =P Maybe we can play a round or two, shouldn’t have latency issues either given that we’re reasonably close to one another.

1 Like

Well, I’ve never played OMK so I have been looking forward to its release. It looks like a pretty usual fighting game except with Umineko characters. While I have not played it, I have heard that it is sometimes quite buggy and the final boss in story mode is really difficult. Also the fact that the multiplayer never really worked all that well. I’m hoping that MangaGamer did a good job at fixing the bugs they could fix so I can fully enjoy Golden Fantasia

2 Likes

I had OMK Cross for a bit years ago which wasn’t too difficult to navigate despite the language barrier. I could never get the multiplayer working though–so I’m really excited to for its release. And I look forward to those possible tutorials! Fighting games are not my forte but I would love to brush up on my skills so I have a bit of a standing chance in future tourneys. :pukuku:

1 Like

Ah, definitely exciting! Whilst I myself don’t plan on purchasing or playing the game, since it’s not my kind of thing, it should be interesting to see some screenshots and a few videos from the tournaments Rokkenjima may hold.

I’ve been waiting for this announcement forever. Now I just need to learn to practice and possible find some character guides out there as this will be my first fighting game I actually want to try to get decent at.

I’ve been wanting to play for forever, and legally is the best way to do it, am I right?

Shit I hope amateur Melty Blood skills translate into something godlike in this game.

“Even better! We’ve also setup an official discord channel for #GoldenFantasia so come hop on in, chat with some of our staff & testers about the game, and get ready to coordinate matches against fellow fans! We’ll be hosting tournaments from there too! https://discord.gg/xsgJKjh

2 Likes

I love this game, and as much as I’d like to play it again the release is windows only. :crying:

This also had an Xbox port, right? Who do I need to grovel to for a Mac and/or Switch version?

Woah Swtich version would be a dream, but i don’t think they’d do this.