Umineko Steam Release Feedback, Bug Reports, Typos

That won’t get me to 100 perceeeeeeeent!!

2 Likes

Note: the white bar is not an error. I marked out a character’s name so I could make a joke that Mion speaks in 1080p but not spoil anyone on something.

This isn’t a huge problem, but I’ve noticed when I save or load from Umineko Chiru, there are no thumbnails for the save files. It doesn’t deter my reading, I suppose it’s more of a visual conflict for me.

screencaps

Saving:

Loading:

1 Like

I’ve found this small one while me and my friends were group reading in twitch:

1 Like
EP5 spoilers

How have people been finding Chiru? Spotting any bugs or typos?

It seems someone on the Steam forums encountered a bug in Episode 6.

Sacae: “I’m in the middle of episode 6, the first twlight just finished and Erika is rushing around half checking crime scenes. The tooltips for Rosa and Maria are wrongly updated. http://prntscr.com/hlrgv7 Example. Both are dead in the parlor, but Maria says Krassus’ Study and Rosa says ‘her room’. Repeatingly before and after the update people have said they lay dead in the parlor. Is there a way to let Mangagamer know?”

Source

1 Like

I didn’t buy steam Chiru as I have the original disc, but I’m wondering if the song lyrics were untranslated?

I would shoot them an email.
Here is a contact email I found on their site.
[email protected]

I’d do it myself but I had so many issues with Umineko Question Arcs beforehand that I doubt they’d even read an email sent by me.

I don’t know if it’s a typo or not but Battler is often written with double e at the start of EP5.

1 Like

Minor typo in the EP2’s ??? famous super paper scene:

1 Like

I have mixed feelings about the MangaGamer release because of the quality of the translations. Did they use editor for proofreading, because there is a few mistakes and some words and sentences cutting off weirdly time to time. The text is also sometimes hard to read in general, it tends to blend in with the background or characters. But eh…

I found the translation to be a great improvement from their old one in all aspects, it’s just lacking some polishing with random typos (and some foul language could have been avoided, didn’t think I would ever read Lambda letting a F-bomb escape so casually out of nowhere, especially when that wasn’t exactly the case in the japanese text lol).

One thing in particular that did bother me slightly was a certain typo in EP2 where the Japanese text says “Rosa-obasan”, and the english text just refers as Rosa. In Umineko this kind of thing is a huge deal that can determine who is giving the info in the unreliable narration driven plot.

Hopefully there aren’t many of these around. I’m very slowly checking the heck out of everything in the steam release bit after bit just to be sure (not that I have much time, but I’m still progressing!).

1 Like

@amenenee I know I’m late as fuck but there should be a cheating tool called Achievement Hunter that you can use for unlocking the last achievement

Dunno if anybody’s noticed this, but in the steam version of Chiru’s Music Box, in Bern’s theme and the Ep7 ending theme, There’s 2 screens that have WTC 3 instead of WTC4.

I was playing the EP7 tea party ( :sob: ) and the kyrie sprite with the gun stayed the whole time until the tea party ended.

3 Likes

Oh no, that seems like a totally huge glitch! I haven’t played EP7 on the steam version, but I’m shocked I haven’t heard anyone mention this before!

2 Likes

Oh my jesus that musta fucked the whole experience up.

3 Likes

Are you running any mods? Yes or no is enough :angel:

1 Like

Nope

1 Like