Umineko Steam Release Feedback, Bug Reports, Typos

Use this topic to share your thoughts, feedback and bug/typo reports on the Umineko Steam Release in the hope that the dev team will look at it. At any rate, it can’t hurt to keep all our reports and feedback in one place.

1 Like

In the airport scene at the beginning Kyrie is said to be “reigning in” Rudolf. The expression is “reining in,” as in the reins of a horse. Not exactly a typo but an error of word choice.

Also Aspirety you noticed that the EP1 and EP2 OPs list Rudolf as “Rudolph,” though I checked and this substitution is never used anywhere else. Rudolf appears to be official and intended.

2 Likes

Small typo in this screen.

“an vague impression”

The opening lines of system0 were removed. Can easily be fixed by replacing the file with the original, however. I assume they didn’t want to deal with any potential copyright issues, even though this is about as fair use as fair use can get, imo.

Apparently it was removed from the console ports as well.

• The “Game Master Lv. 1” achievement which is supposed to unlock after completing Episodes 1-4, for some reason activates as the end of the first night of Episode 1.

• Not a bug, but I feel like the auto mode is way too slow. It should be quite a bit faster.

• I noticed a green line around the right and bottom edges of the OP video when I was playing in fullscreen.

• Screenshots on Steam indicate that the Tsurupettan scene is full of errors.

4 Likes

8 posts were split to a new topic: Umineko’s Steam Release contains Unused CGs?

So I just used the Unlock feature on Episode 2, and the button has remained black. I can still click it, but I don’t think it should look like this. Anyone else have this happen?

EDIT: Unlocking Episode 3 made it better…

3 Likes

I really have to criticise the choice of text for this game. I grew accustomed to the font in white, but when the red text started coming into play, it became very difficult to read.

Some sort of border, or maybe a more prominent shadow would go a long way toward making the red more visible. It’s a bit of a pain having to strain my eyes to read the text being displayed on the TV.

I noticed a couple of Typos in Episode 2 that I forgot to take proper note of (sorry…), but in particular there’s some weird stuff going on with line spacing that I noticed quite frequently.

There was also this weird thing going on with the background, where the floral pattern ended up appearing behind the chapel.

Translation quality is very good, but I’m gonna continue bringing up issues like these as I see them.

Found a typo, ‘threating’

Spacing problem

weird line

This one’s just a mess :stuck_out_tongue:

More line spacing problems.

Affects*

A* cruel death

Missing space

Extra period?

“my Beatrice’s rose” ??

created* by lightning.

That’s everything I saw in Episode 3!

EP2.
It looks like she’s missing a word.

“I’ve been able to get the gun and all the master keys for myself! …”

edit:
Found in EP2 Tea Party.

I feel like it should either be
"… I might rewind time, giving you a world where you have no older siblings.“
or
”… I might rewind time, and give you a world where you have no older siblings."

1 Like

EP3
During the battle with Kanon and the Stakes.
I think it should say, “… wound on his left hand that wouldn’t close, Ronove’s applause only felt like mockery.”

1 Like

EP3.

“…things like candy jars and bottles…” or “…things like a candy jar and bottle fell down…”

1 Like

Just a quick question.

I’ve finally finished EP4, as well as the Tea Party and ??? for EP4.

Why haven’t I received the achivement of ‘Game Master LV1’, which Steam says is unlocked by reading EP! - EP4?

Is anyone else unable to unlock the achievement Game Master LV1?

I sent an email to Mangagamer today asking what their advice was, seeing as I have every other achievement (21/22) and it’s so incredibly aggravating to be at 95% all the time. I was told to uninstall and reinstall it, as there should be no problems. But doing that and speeding through EP4, the Tea Party, and ??? still hasn’t done it. I have everything on my menu, too. TIPS, Music Box, etc. I’ve looked into how to manually update Steam games and tried it with Umineko, so I should be up to date, yet I still can’t unlock that achievement.

Any ideas?
Even if no ideas, I’d feel a little better if someone else had this problem, too.

2 Likes

Sorry for the double post.

Since Mangagamer gave up on me, I’ll have to figure this out myself.

How do I delete my save files for Umineko?
Every time I delete them, launching Umineko puts them all back in the folder.
I need to start with a fresh copy to try to get GM LV1.

I have deleted them in Umineko’s game folder as well as appdata, but the saves automatically repopulate upon launching the game.

1 Like

I had the same question, thankfully there are some helpful people around. You just have to kill the game via task manager after removing the saves all while the game is open, problem solved!

http://steamcommunity.com/app/406550/discussions/0/1290691308576203040/

1 Like

It worked! Thanks!

I’m gonna yell if this doesn’t unlock my Game Master achievement!

Now the question is… do you think I need to read through each EP again, or unlocking and fast forwarding through EP4 + respective Tea Parties is enough?

1 Like

I would say that you only need to unlock them through the menu, there’s probably a ‘flag’ that triggers once you finish the Ep4 tea party which unlocks the final splashscreen and access to the music box, I’d assume there’s a similar flag that triggers the achievement. Happy achievement hunting!

I seriously hope this works.
With everything in me, I hope this works.
Being forever stuck at 95% makes me irrationally upset!
I’ll fast forward through EP4 just to be safe. The S key is super handy because I don’t have to hold it down or stay on the Umineko window, hah.

EDIT: @MagusVerborum, just wanted to update here. The answer is…
NO, IT DIDN’T DO ANYTHING AT ALL

edit 2: am i cursed or what. i feel like the only person in the universe that doesn’t have this unlocked and no matter what i do or who i ask no one can tell me why. i demand a refund.

edit 3: amenenee will never unlock Game Master LV1!

2 Likes

Amenenee just has to unlock Game Master LV1 in her heart <3

2 Likes