Umineko - "The truth." (Full series spoilers)

So as a parting gift to Rokkenjima, which looks like it’ll be archived, I propose we come together to “tear out the guts” of Umineko.
This would include comprehensive answers to:
-The who duunit of every murder and mystery.
-The how dunnit of every murder and mystery.
-The why dunnit
-Contradictions of the red truth
-Explanation of the gold truth
-The solution to the epitaph
-Any remaining mystery

Much of this will require different interpretations, after all, [color=gold]there is no single, copy-and-paste answer to Umineko.[/color] However, [color=red]Umineko is solveable as a mystery[/color], don’t give up on it!
I will be making an effort to piece together answers and archive them here as a collective effort of Rokkenjima. If you’re strongly against this idea, let me know and I’ll consider vetoing it. However, I’m looking for all the help I can get, I don’t have anywhere near all the answers myself (I have no idea how the Rosatrice interpretation is justified), so any answers anyone can provide are very much welcome. If you’d like to be more deeply involved in creating and editing the final product, let me know.

3 Likes

This is one of the topics I was planning to make before the forum’s closure, to be honest.
The plan was to make one huge post explaining everything in detail, and then ask if people would like to argue or add something to it or about it. I’ll use your topic instead, at this point, since it’s pretty much the same idea overall. I’ll post here when I’m done with it.

Were you planning on compiling it all yourself? I you were I won’t stop you, but I’ll help if you want. I was just now getting around to compiling Clair and Will’s exchanges, after each of which I would explain what Will meant. Of course, some of them I’m not too sure on myself, so I’d have to dig around Rokkenjima for some answers.

We would be talking about some 47 pages and 18000 words (and yet incomplete).
It’s also a community effort, as I used some explanations from way back then from other sources and credit them as such.

I’ll still edit it properly, and trim it to be less of a behemoth, making it so it is exclusively objective and straight to the point, including every single info ever released about the whole thing, without going as far as contextualizing reasonings from a time the manga wasn’t even a thing yet.

3 Likes

Wow, it doesn’t look as though I’ll have to do anything. Still, if you need help at any point, let me know.

1 Like

I think that one of the important things that I consider more or less a fact is this:

Sayo Yasuda is the mastermind, while Kyrie and Rudolf are the murderers.

That’s, at least for Rokkenjima prime.

However, for the boards we got, are we planning on trying to solve with with RudolfKyrie or with Yasu only?

3 Likes

can I get this file holy shit

There is a single truth for each individual mystery, though some are still up for contention. It’s not like there’s a “Yasu” solution and a “Rudolf/Kyrie” solution for each mystery. As for how he’ll handle it as a whole, only he knows.

We’ll probably see about making it public to Rokkenjima. I don’t want to put it in this topic, since people might be under the assumption that I deserve any credit, which isn’t true. I’m thinking that @danpmss should send it to a mod and have it made into a news topic, which would credit him for compiling and editing the info.

I’ll post what I think it would be the definite edition of it when I feel like it’s actually complete enough.

I’ve been making this document at my own pace over the years, together with my very own annotations. I was planning to release it in here whatever day it may get finished, but since the forum is closing soon, I’ll do my best to focus a bit more on it and get it done before the closure.

There’s a lot of stuff to edit however, and I don’t like giving people prototypes of my projects to be completely honest, but rather what comes of them that I would love to present to the whole internet to see.

But fear not, as soon as I finish it, I’ll get it in here.

This document includes:

• Solutions to every single murder mystery Episode (EP1-6)
  • Explanations about the meta (EP7-8)
  • Overall solutions for all of the mysteries that the story presented to be solved (All of it)
  • Speculations and and expanded thoughts about minor confirmations surrounding secondary elements in the story that are yet to be properly explored by the author in WTC Series (I suppose these will be continuity nods in WTC5 or the new Umineko Episode)
  • Suppositions about possible symbolisms across the whole series (Game Theory time, although I will leave these for a future topic I’m also planning to make).

I still have to double check stuff, complete reasonings and make a coherent and easy to read infodump out of all of this, not to mention, properly organize everything for a nice presentation. another reason why I wanted to make it a topic on its own, but I think I can do it in the comments as well, seeing there’s no difference other than not being able to make polls, I think.

4 Likes