Which MBTI Personality Type are you?

Ayy, my man!

1 Like

I got INFJ-A however I do believe thatā€™s not entirely correct. I have tried MBTI tests before and have almost always gotten INTJ which I do recognise alot of within myself (especially their typical traits of being independent, open-minded and absolutely clueless in romance). What I personally think makes it more difficult for me is that Iā€™m most likely also an HSP (Highly Sensitive Person) that has probably made my F (Feeling) stronger than normal INTJā€™s and so pushes me into INFJ during tests like this.

INFJ here.

INFJ-T was my result!

I took a quiz years ago and I got INTJ, but this time I got ISTJ. I think thatā€™s more accurate. Never saw myself as a full on INTJ.

Iā€™ve done this test before a few times, and I always get the same resultā€¦ which I share with @Quixote and @SleepingPliskin.

3 Likes

Same as a year ago. :push:

4 Likes

Welp. I am the black sheep of Rokkenjima.

6 Likes

Logician here

At least Iā€™m unique!

1 Like

Hereā€™s my results:

It feels like some part of me has changed since the last time I took this test. Maybe Iā€™ve gotten softer over the yearsā€¦ :wahaha:

2 Likes

Definitely a bit of a dull topic, but Iā€™m bored, soā€¦

Huh, thatā€™s oddā€¦ This wasnā€™t my type last time I remember taking this test and frankly, while I do value order and all, I donā€™t relate at all to this type. Hmm, I usually take this test on this website, so I took it there again and I turned out:

And I definitely agree with this type more.

Though reading the descriptions on this website of yours Pli, I relate more to INTPā€¦

4 Likes

Iā€™ve taken a few of these. I get different results depending on the day and how the questions are presented ā€“ this time I got the Advocate (INFJ). Iā€™ve gotten that a a couple times before. I tend to think of these personality tests as astrology for the modern age ā€“ they can be useful for some people to gain a deeper understanding of themselves or a situation, but ultimately people are people and reducing personality to a series of 4 to 5 letters is a tool best left in the realm of self reflection .

Also fun for purposes of threads like this :happy:

2 Likes

Me, Doldod, Sapphire, and Wonderlander need to form an extrovert club!

5 Likes

I canā€™t argue with that lol. The reason why I wrote this topic, to begin with, is that every time I take this test in different websites, Iā€™m always an INTP, and Iā€™ve taken these test more times than Iā€™m willing to admit lol, though only when Iā€™m bored lol. The stuff they say about INTP I do agree is more aligned with me, but the emotional parts are only half aligned. The website states that it is a stereotyped pattern and that just because youā€™re a certain type, doesnā€™t mean itā€™s claiming to be all the things it says. Itā€™s a cop out answer but it makes sense.

P.S: I promise to make a better topic lol

4 Likes

Kinda tempted to attempt to create an actual personality test. You know personality psychology is kinda my specialty.

At the very least, Iā€™m pretty certain I could judge most peopleā€™s major temperamental traits and natural cognitive inclination, but when it goes into persona, self-perception and nature vs nurture it gets a bit more messyā€¦

Oh for the record MBTI tests (including done with a professional) claims Iā€™m a INFJ, but pretty close to the middle on everything except N.

ā€¦ Thatā€™s a thing worth mention, while at it. MBTI tests done by professionals tend to rate the majority of people ā€œnear the middleā€ on most traits, with the one exception being introversion vs extraversion. A perhaps interesting thing is that MBTI introversion vs extraversion actually tend to have a negative correspondence with the same parameter for other tests, such as the (generally much more used) OCEAN test. Iā€™d also argue in general that MBTI test as best is more telling of oneā€™s self-perception than anything else.

For the record again, most testings done on people has suggested that the actually two most stable personality traits in people are Self-Consciousness (private and public, as separate things). ā€œPrivateā€ self-consciousness is what we generally call ā€œintrospectionā€, so how ā€œintrospectiveā€ someone is, while ā€œpublicā€ self-consciousness is what we generally refer to as simply self-consciousness.

Well, probably boring people with this.

13 Likes

Not at all! Reading your post regarding the failings and information of the MBTI tests is interesting. I think Iā€™m willing to agree that these tests are more of a self-perception test than anything, but it can be useful if the person is being as honest as they can be.

I would be interested in trying out your personality test if you would ever make it :smiley:. As you are a psychology student, I would love to know how you would make the test itself.

Well that seems to have interested people far more than I thought, Iā€™m honestly surprised. Thanks.

Hmmm this would be a thing to create eheheheā€¦ I guess itā€™d be informative at the very least to inform people about these major traits.

I guess an additional thing I could add there is that the majority of traits goes on a scale, rather than a X vs Y thing. At best one could be described as being ā€œmore X than the averageā€ or ā€œmore Y than the averageā€ which isnā€™t really helping things to make a simple MBTI like test to begin with. Iā€™ll think about how to do this when I have time and (sadly) a better health.

5 Likes

Iā€™m simply too extreme on the first three letters to get anything but INTJ, but it was a 5% split on judging and prospecting. Never got that result before.

INTJ-T, for clarification

1 Like

I do find it very interesting that most people on this forum are people with rare personality types.

2 Likes