Devil's Playground - Game 3

Before we being, I want confirmation of something

Repeat this in red :

"None of the characters in the story share the same or similar appearance ie: none of them are twins, triplets, or any other similar relations, ie: none of them had plastic surgery to look like at least one other character in the story "

Alright first some repeat in reds
There are no secret rooms, passageways, or other hidden place for a person to hide. But if there are, then they have already been listed in one door and one window.

There are two dead bodies behind the door as it was opened by Astrid and Shallin.

If an entrance is for any reason unpassable for a period of time, it is still enumerated as an entrance.

The murderer entered the room through an entrance.

There are five people left alive when the door to the basement was closed and locked.

There are only five bodies that can have any affect on the situation in the basement either by being a victim, murderer or witness.

Now for requests
What state was the room found in when it was opened by Astrid and Shallin?

Are there any other marks on the bodies when found to make it seem as if the victims put up a struggle?

Oh my, you’re full of requests, but I’m not in the mood for asking, let’s go with the most obvious ideas:

1. Arya killed Adolin and was killed by Shallan before Astrid checked her body.
  2. Adolin killed Arya and was killed by Astrid before Shallan checked his body.
  3. Dalinar killed Arya and Adolin and ended up being killed by them, his body is somewhere inside the basement, but it wasn’t spotted by Astrid and Shallan.
  4. Dalinar killed Arya and Adolin and is hiding somewhere in the island, Astrid killed him before killing Shallan.
  5. Dalinar killed Arya and Adolin and is hiding somewhere in the island, Shallan killed him before being killed by Astrid.

None of the characters in the story share the same or similar appearance ie: none of them are twins, triplets, or any other similar relations, ie: none of them had plastic surgery to look like at least one other character in the story.

Oh, Hovlane, what an interesting set of requests. In all my years, I’ve never gotten something like this. Let’s see how this plays out.

There are no secret rooms, passageways, or other hidden place for a person to hide. But if there are, then they have already been listed in one door and one window.

There are two dead bodies behind the door as it was opened by Astrid and Shallin.

If an entrance is for any reason unpassable for a period of time, it is still enumerated as an entrance.

The murderer entered the room through an entrance.

There are five people left alive when the door to the basement was closed and locked.

There are only five bodies that can have any affect on the situation in the basement either by being a victim, murderer or witness.

Elaborate on these and I’ll respond. At the moment they’re hopelessly vague and I have no real way to deny them without denying culprits.

Dalinar left the garage while the group was worried about Vin’s head, he entered the guest mansion and hid in the basement. After Arya and Adolin entered in the basement, Dalinar killed Araya and Adolin and was also killed by them, his corpse wasn’t found by Astrid and Shallan either because the basement was too dark or because it was hidden somewhere.

Repeat these, mister devil:

1. “When the murders happened in the basement, all entrances were locked”
  2. “The culprit of the basement cannot unlock the entrances”
  3. “Nobody let the culprit of the basement inside the basement”
  4. “Nobody let the culprit of the basement inside the guest mansion”
  5. “When the group arrived in the guest mansion, nobody was inside it”
  6. “After the group entered the guest mansion, nobody else entered in the guest mansion”
  7. “9 people are dead”

So? Maybe he wanted a snack in the kitchen? Who’s to blame a man for wanting a quick refresher?

Regardless, you are very greedy here. 7 Reds? Thankfully for you, I’m in a generous mood.

When the murders happened in the basement, all entrances were locked

The culprit of the basement cannot unlock the entrances

Nobody let the culprit of the basement inside the basement

Nobody let the culprit of the basement inside the guest mansion

When the group arrived in the guest mansion, nobody was inside it

After the group entered the guest mansion, nobody else entered in the guest mansion

9 people are dead

1. Dalinar killed Arya and Adolin. He did it by shooting them from outside the guest mansion. The stakes in the bodies were placed by Astrid or Shallan before the bodies of Arya and Adolin were inspected. Dalinar was killed by Shallan or Astrid afterwards.
  2. Dalinar killed Arya and Adolin. He slipped inside the guest mansion while the group was entering it. He broke down the door or the window to the basement and killed Arya and Adolin. Dalinar was killed by Shallan or Astrid afterwards.
  3. Dalinar killed Arya and Adolin. He sipped inside the guest mansion while the group was entering it. He arrived at the basement before Arya and Adolin and hid there. He killed Arya and Adolin afterwards. Dalinar was killed by Shallan or Astrid afterwards.
  4. Dalinar killed Arya and Adolin. He slipped inside the guest mansion while the group was entering it. He broke down the door or the window to the basement and tried to kill Arya and Adolin, but they entered in a fight and in the end all three were killed.
  5. Dalinar killed Arya and Adolin. He slipped inside the guest mansion while the group was entering it. He arrived at the basement before Arya and Adolin and hid there. Dalinar tried to kill Arya and Adolin, but they entered in a fight and in the end all three were killed.
  6. Astrid killed Arya and Adolin. Astrid entered in the guest mansion with the others from the group. She left the first floor and went to the basement. Astrid broke down the door to the basement, killed Arya and Adolin and locked the basement once again, after all, it was said in red that a door can still be locked and unlocked after being broken down. Astrid killed Dalinar before killing Shallan.
  7. Shallan killed Arya and Adolin. Shallan entered in the guest mansion with the others from the group. She left the first floor and went to the basement, explaining why Astrid immediately pointed her as the culprit upon finding out Arya and Adolin were dead. Shallan broke down the door to the basement, kiled Arya and Adolin and locked the basement once again, after all, it was said in red that a door can still be locked and unlocked after being broken down. Shallan killed Dalinar before being killed by Astrid.
  8. Arya killed Adolin and was killed afterwards by Shallan. Arya and Shallan entered in the guest mansion with the others from the group. Arya killed Adolin while they were alone in the basement. Shallan killed Arya when she noticed Arya was alive, explaining why Astrid thought Shallan was the culprit. Dalinar escaped the island leaving a fake corpse behind.
  9. Adolin killed Arya and was killed afterwards by Astrid. Adolin and Astrid entered in the guest mansion with the others from the group. Adolin killed Arya while they were alone in the basement. Astrid killed Adolin when she noticed Adolin was alive. Dalinar escaped the island leaving a fake corpse behind.

I increased the level of the repetitions, can you do all of them this time?

1. Astrid is dead
  2. Kalladin is dead
  3. Horace is dead
  4. Arya is dead
  5. Vin is dead
  6. Adolin is dead
  7. Dalinar is dead
  8. Sethon is dead
  9. Shallan is dead
  10. The culprit of the basement was inside the basement when the murder occurred. Therefore blue theory number 1 is invalid
  11. The culprit of the basement never entered in the guest mansion between the time the group entered in the shed until Astrid commited suicide. Therefore blue theories 2, 3, 4, and 5 are invalid.
  12. Astrid and Shallan never left the first floor between the time they first entered it after discovering Vin’s head and the time they left to check the basement. Therefore blue theories 6 and 7 are invalid.
  13. When the murder in the basement was discovered, only Astrid, Shallan, Arya, and Adolin were inside the basement. Therefore blue theories 8 and 9 are invalid.

Ah, I see you have tried to resume you danmaku attack. This time, you have something to back them up.

Let’s deny them all.

The door to the basement was never broken down.

When Arya and Adolin arrived in the Basement, it was empty.

They would have found his body in the basement, which they didn’t…

Now, to move on to your requests to repeat. Once again, you’re trying hard aren’t you…

Astrid is dead
Kalladin is dead
Horace is dead
Arya is dead
Vin is dead
Adolin is dead
Dalinar is dead
Sethon is dead
Shallan is dead

The culprit of the basement was inside the basement when the murder occurred. Therefore blue theory number 1 is invalid

When the murder in the basement was discovered, only Astrid, Shallan, Arya, and Adolin were inside the basement. Therefore blue theories 8 and 9 are invalid.

As for these two, I really don’t feel up to denying them. I’m fine with the Red’s I have.

Repeat the following red :

[The only time the basement was locked on day of the gameboard was after the group entered the guesthouse after seeing Vin’s detached head and before Astrid and Shallan discovered the bodies in the basement]

[Arya and Adolin’s deaths were instant]

[The culprit(s)never moved Arya and Adolin’s bodies after they were kiled]

[No one other than the culprit(s) that killed Arya and Adolin moved their bodies after they were killed]

[The only way to lock and unlock the entrance to the basement is with the basement key(s)]

Alright hopefully the last few
Every person who dies after the living group enters the mansion instantly dies. There are no slow deaths just instant deaths

Any entrances to the room where Astrid and Shallin were hiding behind was never opened until they left to find the bodies in the basement

Body refers to any part of the body even should it be cut away from the rest

The windowpane in the basement is unbroken

Then just asking for a bit.
Who has the master key?

Does the room where Astrid and Shallin are staying have any blind spots where one person would not be able to see the other?

I shall request you say it clearly, repeat “Dalinar’s body wasn’t in the basement when Astrid and Shallan entered in the basement”.

I’d like to request “Arya and Adolin were killed by the same person” as well, but feel free to refuse if you think that’s asking too much.

I’m sorry but this is not danmaku anymore, we’re not playing. This is my duty as the detective.

A lot more repetitions you all are asking for.

The only time the basement was locked on day of the gameboard was after the group entered the guesthouse after seeing Vin’s detached head and before Astrid and Shallan discovered the bodies in the basement

Arya and Adolin’s deaths were instant

The culprit(s)never moved Arya and Adolin’s bodies after they were kiled

The only way to lock and unlock the door to the basement is with the master key

I think this is directly in contrast with the previous Red, so I’m not going to respond to this. Alternatively, I’m tired and I’m missing something, so let me know.

Now, to Hovlane’s requests.

Every person who dies after the living group enters the mansion instantly dies. There are no slow deaths, just instant deaths

Any entrances to the floor where Astrid and Shallan were hiding behind were never opened until they left to find the bodies in the basement

Note: Changed this from room to floor to not contradict the story and the other Red I gave.

Body refers to any part of the body even should it be cut away from the rest

The windowpane in the basement is unbroken

Astrid has the master key.

They were on the first floor. There were plenty of times that they did not have vision of each other…

Now… to my nemesis…

Dalinar’s body wasn’t in the basement when Astrid and Shallan entered in the basement.

Arya and Adolin were killed by the same person.

How fun it is, destroying people’s theories.

That’s 12 Reds for you. Now I really will be a little more stingy…

Alright few more confirmations
Define “letting in” as used in the reds of “Nobody let the culprit of the basement inside the basement”, Nobody let the culprit of the basement inside the guest mansion

Who has the master key as they are entering the mansion.

and finally because I thought they were in a room. Is your definition of a entrance updated to include things like Stairwells, elevators or dumbwaiters?

Letting in refers to opening or unlocking a door for somebody.

Astrid has the master key upon entering the mansion.

I had a red somewhere saying " Windows and doors are the only way to exit or enter a room."

Would this also refer to as say unlocking the door to let people into the mansion even if you are outside? If thats the case
Astrid is the only person who was never let into the house. Therefore only Astrid could have committed the murders

The Red still blocks it if you are on the outside or inside. It is absolute.

Could multiple people have entered at the same time from different entrances? IE. As the living group entered the guest house, one more person could come in from a different entrance but at the same time.

and confirm
The people who entered in the living group were Arya, Adolin, Shalin and Astrid

Then a theory
You have defined Astrid and Shalin as being on a “Floor” a floor is not a room as such it does not currently follow the same rules as a room therefor, Astrid and Shalin both have the ability to roam the guest house. Building off Astrid has the master key upon entering the mansion and The only way to lock and unlock the door to the basement is with the master key, Dalinar entered the house while Astrid was letting the other group through another door into the guest house. Dalinar then spent an amount of time searching the house while Arya and Adolin entered the basement. Since neither of them have the master key they cannot lock the door. While both Arya and Adolin are in the room Dalinar enters the room without them noticing and hides in there for an amount of time, while Astrid returns to the basement after realizing that she has the only way to lock the basement. The basement is then locked from the inside with Arya, Adolin and Dalinar inside the basement.

The people who entered in the living group were Arya, Adolin, Shalin and Astrid

Then what happened to Dalinar?

Of course they could roam the Guesthouse, why would they not be able to. I never said they were only on the floor. In fact, the narration also implied that they moved around. What kind of pathetic trick would this be?

Confirming,
The door to the basement was never broken down, however it is said that all keys to the basement were found inside the basement in the original flavour text. So how did the survivors enter the room?

They used the Master Key, of course. All the keys specific to only the basement were in the basement on the bodies of Adolin and Arya.