Introduce Yourself!

Hey Niku, I’m a bit busy at the moment but on behalf on everyone here welcome to Rokkenjima!
I see that you’ve already are interested in our Discord chat, but I’d say that the home site is pretty rad also so don’t forget to check out and comment on the various topics here-especially since you cannot create threads just yet.
Anyway, here’s the link to the Discord thread: Rokkenjima Discord Chat The access link should be toward the bottom.

Thank you very much Pandora…! And yeah I was earlier tempted by the Discord channel, I will join it shortly, looking forward to meet you all.

Welcome to Rokkenjima, Niku! Although I’ve been beaten to be the first to welcome you, I can’t help but do it anyway. You’re certainly not the only one whose life has been changed from reading Umineko, as it certainly has for myself and many others. I’m also stuck on reading the first chapter of Higurashi… maybe someday. It’s also good to see you’ve read through the blog, I’m sure @Aspirety appreciates it.

As for your other interests… there are a few people here quite well versed in fate, and I myself have read Fate/Stay Night, and Tsukihime. Also may try Grand Order when the English release happens relatively soon. I’m also a big Vocaloid fan, although I don’t follow it that much, I have a few of the games on my Vita and listen to plenty of music… Kagamine Twins are my favorite, though Miku is awesome too. I’m curious as to what card games you play, I myself mostly play Yugioh with a few people on here, and at locals.

I’m sure you’ll find plenty of interesting and great people here, since we all have a lot in common, I hope you enjoy your stay, and you’ll certainly find your place here, welcome to the tea party.

2 Likes

Hello there Niku, welcome to Rokkenjima! You seem very opinionated and enthusiastic about 07th Expansion as a whole, so it should be very fun having discussions with you on it and I very much enjoyed how well you articulated your introduction, too. This is a pretty interesting little forum and it has mostly serious discussions, unlike some other forums I’ve seen, so you’ll find just what you’re looking for here, I suppose. :slight_smile:

Hello, everyone.

Where in the world do you live?

Right now, I am living in a share-house in Saitama, Japan near the Nishi Kawaguchi station. I am not a native, though. I am an American. Specifically I’m from Maryland near Washington DC.

What 07th Expansion series’ have you read/watched? Which was your first, and which is your favourite?

Umineko and Higurashi. I first discovered 07th Expansion through the Higurashi anime. That brutal beating right at the start got my attention, and as the story became more complex and convoluted I became more and more hooked. I prefer Umineko, though. That one taught me how to actually approach and enjoy a mystery story, and I think Ryukishi had a lot more interesting things to say about the nature of belief and faith there which he only lightly touched on in Higurashi.

How did you find Rokkenjima?

I was googling aroung, wondering if there was an inspirational island for Rokkenjima in Umineko the same way Hinamizawa was blatantly copied from a real village in Japan. If there were, I would totally want to visit it in early October, just to say that I did.

What are some of your interests outside of 07th Expansion?

Anime in general, of course. I like the more mature shows like Ghost in the Shell, Madoka Magica, etc. I also love D&D and other table-top board games. I’m not as malicious about it as Erika is, but I do like to try for unconventional and unexpected solutions that send the story in a direction the GM was not necessarily planning on.

BONUS OPTIONAL QUESTION:
Tell us something interesting about yourself, something about our website that interested you, or something funny.

Before I came to Japan, I was working in a tech support call center in North Carolina. The funny part is, after so much tech support got outsourced to India starting in the 90s, the call center I was at was actually part of an Indian company that needed native-born English speakers for customers who don’t like dealing with the Indian accent. I found that amusing, in a black comedy sort of way.

9 Likes

I really hope this is a reference to Witches & Woodlands! Maybe I’m just the kind of person to search for references even when they don’t exist…

Welcome to Rokkenjima! If you’re super into table-top games, you may be interested in the Rokkenjima table-top simulator games that are occasionally hosted on our [discord!] (Rokkenjima Discord Chat) I think there’s only been one game so far, but I’m sure there will be more in the future if there’s enough demand for it. We also have a Umineko Anime watch group! You can either laugh or cry at the Umineko anime, it’s really your choice.

Well, I did not originally intend it as a W&W reference, but I am certainly happy to retcon it into one. :wink: That was a fun one indeed.

1 Like

Greetings! I am Vezon! I am 27 from the USA. A pleasure to meet all of you! I’ve been an avid fan of the Higurashi and Umineko series for a very long time. Having read the manga, endured/enjoyed the anime, and even joined the Umineko Online game, it is very nice to meet others with a similar interest.

3 Likes

Well, had an Umineko Anime watch group. We finished the anime (somehow). Though, I would be happy to do it again if anybody is interested.

1 Like

Welcome to Rokkenjima! We always enjoy meeting other fans of Higurashi and Umineko who love/have endured the series and I hope you’ll enjoy your stay here :joyful:

1 Like

Hello everibody, I’m Giuseppe, I’m 17 and I’m from Italy (so sorry if I can’t speak english very well). I wached higurashi anime and I loved it (and it seems that none else know about when they cry here in Italy). I also watched umineko, but I think it’s not as good as higurashi. I hope to enjoy here :+1:

4 Likes

That is certainly true for the anime, however I do recommend you to read the VNs. Because both are amazing and I haven’t even finished both of them. Anyway, welcome to Rokkenjima! Hope you’ll enjoy it here.

Thank you very much. I am going to read them during this summer

1 Like

Hello; I’m Arcavius. I live in the United States.

I discovered Umineko sometime before the release of Episode 3 and have enjoyed it ever since. I found Rokkenjima.org when I stumbled onto one of the podcasts on YouTube while watching other Umineko-related videos. I’ve read the Higurashi Question Arcs and thought they were a good read, but Umineko really captures my imagination. I read the demo of Rose Guns Days but it wasn’t my style.

My interests outside the game board include history, roleplaying, strategy games and historical strategy games with roleplaying elements.

7 Likes

Welcome @Arcavius, I hope to see you posting around here often in the future! You’ve read Higurashi up to Chapter 4, right? Why not go and discuss the story up to this point over at our spoiler free discussion topic for that chapter?

It might also be nice to see if you have anything you want to add in any of our numerous Umineko threads.

2 Likes

Thank you. Do you know of anyone currently working on an Umineko fan episode? If so, do you know whether they want any help?

I do not know of any fan episodes, but there is a fan visual novel going on! Feel free to join us there if you are interested! Also, if you’re into singing, there’s a communal chorus, which is singing “You” from Higurashi. There are a lot of ways to get involved here, so enjoy your stay!

2 Likes

Hello everyone! I’m a huuuuuuuge 07th Expansion fan. I first discovered Umineko through the anime and have needed like-minded people to discuss the story with for so long. I’m a lonely goat lol.

I’m from Eastern US. Umineko is honestly my favorite story of all time. I love Ryukishi’s ability to show characters with many many different sides to them without losing their core identity at all. They feel like real people.

2 Likes

[quote=“GoldenBugHunter, post:341, topic:64, full:true”]How did you find Rokkenjima?

I was googling aroung, wondering if there was an inspirational island for Rokkenjima in Umineko the same way Hinamizawa was blatantly copied from a real village in Japan. If there were, I would totally want to visit it in early October, just to say that I did.[/quote]
I don’t know where the island of Rokkenjima is based (if it is based on a real island at all), but the Ushiromiya’s mansion is based off of the Kyu-Furukawa Gardens.

2 Likes

Oh wow, that is really close to my way to school. Thank you for pointing this out to me.

1 Like