Umineko Anime Group Watch (11:00 pm UTC 7/4/17)

Hello Rokkenjima. Some of you may or may not acknowledge the existence of the anime adaptation of our most beloved Umineko no Naku Koro Ni. If you refuse to keep reading I do not blame you.

For the rest of us I would like to organize a group viewing of the anime (which I have never seen) for the general merriment of all. This is supposed to be a light-hearted, fun, silly event where all (who’ve read up to the portion covered in the anime) are welcome. You can make fun of the anime, bring out your favorite memes and sing along to la divina tragedia (Oh desire!). I’m still figuring out the nitty-gritty of how all this is going to work so watch this space. This is basically to see who would be interested in participating.

As for how exactly I’ve got this envisioned there are several programs which allow simultaneous watching of a video online. I was thinking if we could all get such a program and jump on discord we would all be able to see the same thing and talk to each other. The specific program is up to discussion but from the looks of it Rabbit might have what we need. If someone wanted it might even be possible to stream or record the shenanigans for some content on the Rokkenjima youtube channel. I was thinking that we might watch in four parts with each part covering one episode of the visual novel. Tell me your thoughts and opinions and give me your suggestions. I hope we can all enjoy this.

9 Likes

I’d be totally up for this. I don’t think I’ll ever be watching this thing otherwise.

1 Like

I’m shuddering at the thought of having to watch the anime again now when I’ve read the VN but I’m absolutely in on a collective watch/rewatch.

Edit: Though I think that the Umineko veterans have to be a bit careful in the chat if there are some new readers watching just so we don’t spoil some of the important scenes they left out or ruined.

3 Likes

Thats exactly why Im not participating. I would need enough alcohol that I would likely end up yelling spoilers at the screen.

6 Likes

I guess I’d be up for it if it’s not at a crazy time/date for an Australian like myself, but I’d have to probably drain myself of all emotion and put myself in a state of pure despair to survive.

3 Likes

I’m almost always down for watching godawful anime.

1 Like

I’ll probably just sit there facepalming and groaning the entire time but that’ll be part of the fun :kinslime: but some alcohol might definitely be needed :pained:

2 Likes

More than some. I’d probably be going through at least 10 shots.

Then again I have stupid alcohol tolerance.

2 Likes

It’s a great idea, alcohol excluded :stuck_out_tongue:.
I’ve streamed the Umineko anime (dame dame parody .srt file) a while with mates.
Capes and games, the drama, should be available on illegal site number 1 via illegal site number 2.

1 Like

Omg no. I cannot watch this nightmarish thing again. The only reason I survived my first encounter was because I watched it with my best friend. Good luck and have fun but, nope I am out.

And guys, thank god you don’t know the truth. Watch it again after Episode 8. Please.

5 Likes

Oh, I’m sure we’re going to have another watch after Chiru gets it’s official release and we’ve finished all the tea parties. If for no other reason than I’m a masochist and I’m sure there are several more like me. I want to see exactly how bad it really is. For now though, I thought that this would be an appropriate time to have a group watch.

2 Likes

Just don’t watch it alone. My only request. For your sake.

1 Like

After reading Chiru we can even watch it with the Dame Dame parody .srt file, as that comedy relies on spoilers.
Also Wonderlander, I dare you to watch Pupa, now that will drain your soul!
Geroge-kun is real smart!

3 Likes

That’s why we’re doing a group watch. Everyone suffers together.

1 Like

I have never seen this and now I need to.

1 Like

Hoo, boy I’ve heard some less than positive things about the anime so now all of a sudden, I feel a sudden case of Bile Fascination coming on.

2 Likes

You have NO IDEA how up for this I’d be.

3 Likes

I’d be down for this!

For streaming sites, I use rabb.it all the time with friends. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Please remember that Rokkenjima has a strict no piracy rule. We dont want to hear you talking about any illegal streaming or downloading of the anime here.

If you’re going to host an event like this, the best way to do it is to let the members acquire the series by however means they can, and just meet up on voice and click play at the same time. That’s how we’ve always done it on Rokkenjima. FYI, you can buy the series here: http://store.nisamerica.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=umineko

You’ll need to do it over two sessions, 13 episodes each. Or maybe 2 “Episodes” each, if you feel like making the second session a bit longer. As for timing, 12am UTC on a weekend is generally the best idea. Saturday maybe?

2 Likes

I’ve got the dame dame parody .srt file which with the official DVD attained by whichever method you chose (as long as it does not contain any illegal activities) makes the show a great comedy if you’ve read the whole VN (also attained in the most legal way possible) or manga (same, attained in a legal way, so NO BORROWING!).
I can not share it with you sadly, because it would not be legal. I will compile a guide as to how you attain these assets in a legal way, and have pleasure watching it. It’s a fair bit of work, but a wise saying goes:

2 Likes