Mafia Under the Clear Sky(Game Over)

Okay fuck it. I’m a one-shot Cop. Wasn’t lying when I said I didn’t have any additional information since I haven’t used my ability yet. I’d hoped to pretend to be vanilla until I use my ability, which I was planning on doing this following night.

If this was a gambit to get me to roleclaim, well played Vyse. If you’re town, goddamnit Vyse.

What’s a one shot cop? Like one shot for the entire game or each night?

It’s one single use for the entire game.

Why would you hold off on using that for this long? Seems pretty risky.

High risk high reward. An investigation is immensely valuable when there’s only a couple people remaining, and I just didn’t feel confident enough in my reads to use it yet.

Hmmk.

@VyseGolbez Wanna explain your role and actions in full?

I’m a Vanilla Cop, meaning I can find out if a player is Vanilla or not. In the first night I used that on Battler, as the possibility did exist that he would pull off such a crazy lie. Knowing he was a power role, though, I was fairly certain he told the truth. That was the main reason why I did my gambit. I still didn’t quite buy Kari’s explanation for why he preemptively gave that information I criticized him for, that’s why I checked him this last night.

But okay, let us assume for a moment that he tells the truth. By that logic, one of us two is certainly going to die this night. Furthermore, now it really is necessary that the rest plays their cards. So, @Wonderlander @Antra @Blackrune what’s your power role in this game, if you have one?

So I’m guessing you’re assuming there are only 2 mafiosi?

I am but a simple Vanilla Townie.

Yeah. I thought about it for a while and came to the conclusion that it’s likely enough to take a risk on. As I was a one-shot cop and thesorceress a two-shot doc chances are town was exactly stacked with great power roles, and a 7 vs 3 is hard to justify as being balanced without them.

I will be singing the same tune but… I am also a vanilla townie. I am also the person Battler sent his message to yesterday before his death if that helps.

And well, I am hoping for 2, but we have to be ready for three too. If there are 3 mafia, that means there are 4 townies alive, and that could potentially be super bad. We have to lynch mafia today. My guesses are Antra and Kari now, though Blackrune is a close 2nd to that tie. Vyse with the stunt he just pulled, makes me think he is unlikely to be a mafia.

Hi, Vanilla here.

On the first day you seemed worried about not getting any good information during the night.
I honestly thought it was more likely you were also vanilla from that.

Oh did you? Well, I don’t get alignment, only a has power role or has no power role. I didn’t value my ability very high, basically. But, as expected, everyone else claimed Vanilla.

@Karifean I am really interested in your reads. Who do you read as Mafia, who do you read as Town, who do you have no read on?

I think Vyse is unlikely to be the witch at this point, although who knows. Karifean could be one, but it’s hard to confirm. As for the others… well it’s really hard to judge, I have a feeling it might be Blackrune, but acting on feeling alone is often a poor choice, so I’ll wait for others to give their opinions.

This is getting rough. So the way I see it, either Karifean isn’t a power townie but a mafia member instead or he is a power townie that misfortunately had to reveal his power thanks to our Vanilla cop. I’m going to keep my skepticism regarding Vyse up for now, but I also want to give you the benefit of the doubt.
There are a lot of vanilla claims, and I’m sure everyone can agree with me that there is no way they are all genuine. [quote=“Wonderlander, post:170, topic:1276”]
My guesses are Antra and Kari now, though Blackrune is a close 2nd to that tie.
[/quote]

Alongside Karifean, my suspicions for Antra are still there because as I recall on the last lynch there were several people here that wanted to vote for Antra and we all ended up voting for the wrong person. Did Antra escape a false lynch or did he manage to throw the trap on eternalmagician?

Basically I am suspicious of everyone, but I am no good with deciding who the real mafia are. If I were to give both Karifean and Vyse the benefit of the doubt and believe in their abilities, I really do think we’d be able to pinpoint the enemies and lynch them this time. But for this to happen we’d have to play risky and skip a lynch this time.

Vote: No Vote

To sum it up, I absolutely don’t think we should lynch this day because we could be at the mercy of the mind games of the mafia. As of now, I will believe in Vyse’s and Karifean’s abilities and see if we can corner the mafia.

Sorry but this is a terrible idea. If we don’t lynch today, then we are basically in LyLo the next day with 100% certainty. Right now we are still allowed to get it wrong once. And if you’re saying “But what if there are three Mafia?”, well, then not lynching is equivalent to a forfeit.

I agree with Vyse, we should definitely lynch somebody today.

I definitely understand what you’re saying, and I get that it’s a risky gamble, but that’s exactly why I want to do it. I asked earlier about the amount of possible mafia members and I think assuming their are two like other games you mentioned is the right assumption. Like with what happened with eternalmagician, I don’t want to kill off a townie with such a vague hunch. That’s why I want to use our abilities and gather concrete evidence on one of the “townies”. I do realize you and Karifean are out risk with your abilities out in the open, and that’s why, seeing how you both are also the most suspicious by owning these abilities, if you or he were to die, I would know exactly who to lock onto for a lynch next time. I do feel bad, because like I just said there is a chance of you dying, and I’d be using that death to my own advantage, but this is just how I want to play it.

I’m going to stick with no vote so I don’t get a townies blood on my hands.

You know what would be interesting. If both Vyse and Karifean are mafia and they were just acting in that encounter.
I’m not saying that it’s true but I just thought that it’s the scariest scenario and probably the one that we should try to eliminate first.

Haha, that really is the scariest scenario, but I guess that’s part of the fun of this game.
I’m going to keep pushing for my ideal scenario and if anyone else wanted to join me for my vote, I think we should all think carefully on who Vyse and Karifean should use their abilities on.
Assuming they’re not both mafia, lol.

The scary part is I know they could pull off something like that from past experiences.

1 Like