Recollection of a Mafia game [GAME OVER - Lovers' Victory]

The only way I can see Sapphire/Doldod as witches is if they were straight up informed that there is no detective.
Not sure how likely that is. (especially since it would probably mean that Karifean actually is some kind of detective)

Right now I’m wondering about a conversation Karifean had with thesorceress on the second day. thesorceress made a guess about whether Karifean was the detective, which he just kind of skipped on answering. This felt natural enough… I’m really not sure if those two could be on the same team (which would mean all of that was a setup).

Good morning/afternoon, depending on your time zone!

Hmm, I just woke up so I don’t have many thoughts for now but I’ll have breakfast and come back to this in a bit.

Change Vote: No Vote.

Good morning everybody.

Guys, a No Vote vote is going to trigger a random death. Are we sure we want to do that?

I’m uncertain and confused enough to consider it. My theory’s been destroyed and I don’t feel particularly confident with my situation. I just want to make sure that’s what we actually want.

Rather than a No Death vote. Or, like, voting for a person.

But Karifean’s claim is also the convenient kind that would work even if there was a legitimate detective, which makes me wary of it. (since if a real detective did show up he could just go “oh well guess I was just the joke detective then”)

To add to that, we have to keep in mind that if he’s legit he’s either sane or naive. If he’s naive the game would be really weird though. If he’s sane, nothing makes sense since it also clears EM. In both cases it actually would seem more likely there are only two witches. (or the witches got REALLY lucky and the actual detective is already dead) Which might mean he’s lying after all? Uuuuhhhrgh…

Also we won’t actually stick with No Vote. Well, probably not.

1 Like

Frankly, I don’t know what to think anymore, it feels like every thought I have is wrong and we may all make a mistake if we think in a certain direction or well, all directions, with all the confusion here now. And we can’t afford to make any more mistakes… Is Karifean really who he says he is? If so, even if we don’t end up killing him, the witches probably will in the night time, so his defense may actually be worthless in the end…

Vote Tally

Vote History

Sapphire votes Karifean
UsagiTenpura votes Karifean
Blackrune votes SleepingPliskin
Doldod votes SleepingPliskin
EternalMagician votes SleepingPliskin
UsagiTenpura votes No one
Blackrune votes No one
EternalMagician votes No one
Sapphire votes No one

SleepingPliskin (1): Doldod

With 8 players, the majority lynch is at 5. The phase ends at 22:15 UTC on the 16th of July, so in 7 hours and 27 minutes.

Well I think it’s time I unwind everything…

First of all, I have to say that Blackrune’s thought patterns seems to emulate my own so much that I’m having a really hard time suspecting him. He’s like a less idiotic/all over the place/talk too much version of me in that sense… But I think in one way that Blackrune/thesorceress/myself has managed to somehow avoid most suspicion. The way the whole Quixote event unfolded makes me extremely hesitant to suspect Blackrune tho, but I’m kinda having a hard time to figure out why no one is looking at any of our ways… I’m not making any accusation there, but I’m finding this rather creepy.

Now on the topic of creepy, going for “No vote” and then seeing everyone cancel their votes within 30 mins is kinda creepy ehehe…

Okay so I’m going back to Karifean, I don’t have much choice really… There’s several things that I consider … odd to say the least.
The first one is that on the first day the only people who did not vote to kill King are Sapphire, EternalMagician and Quixote… (Blackrune “kinda” voted to kill king…). While it’s not unreasonable to think a witch may lie within the group, I’m having a really hard time grasping Karifean’s reasoning which pointed out to these three being the witches (until we learned about Sapphire/EternalMagician’s situation). It just seems terribly unlikely that “all humans voted to kill King and all witches didn’t vote for it”. That’d be something, granted.

Now his next move on the second day is apparently to “Go after EternalMagician in order to check his own sanity”. Granted I actually think Karifean would be entirely willing to do this as a human but I also think that their quietness made them easy target. I also kinda just left barely opened the door for Quixote after pointing out that Karifean was more suspicious than EternalMagician and then he instantly switched, which pictoshark even noted as being “uncharacteristic”. Of course, most people still alive ended up walking the Quixote path one way or another which actually makes me feel terrible since I was quite honestly trying to leave that possibility opened to bait potential witches (heh).

Well it turned out that Quixote was a human after all.

So I guess I’m not getting it, and not getting him either. It really feels like we (overall) collectively went after easy targets (King, Quixote, EternalMagician and more recently SleepingPliskin) rather than seriously consider… other people. It’s like going after them was the easy path that didn’t raise many conflicts.

Still the one thing I really don’t get is Karifean considering EternalMagician and Quixote suspicious, and even Sapphire for a time. My guess would’ve been that some witches at least played a role in King’s death and it feels like it’s a question we’ve collectively ignored since then.

Similarly, did any witch play a role in Quixote’s death?

If there’s any ground I can think of starting to consider anyone suspicious based on, it’d be these events. Both path does lead to Karifean but it also doesn’t necessarily or exclusively lead to him. It sorta feels like SleepingPliskin makes a good target, in part, for having voted to lynch both if anything… but the same can be said about thesorceress.

Still while I dislike bringing this up, this is the point where I’m at right now :
Do we seriously consider that Karifean, SleepingPliskin and thesorceress, all three of them were played by the witch side and ended up taking part in killing not one but two humans.

I don’t really have a much better ground to base anything on, this is really all I can add right now. If I were to make a wild guess among this group tho, Kari does come out as being more suspicious simply because he seems to have a reputation of someone who wouldn’t fall into contributing so much for the enemy side. I’d really like to hear valid reasons to suspect Quixote in the end, but considering I opened that door based on almost nothing I’m probably not in a good situation to bring it forward. Still, now day 3 begins and after going with the detective thing, Karifean has been slowly pushing us toward being suspicious of the situation with the lovers… The worst is that it’s really not something I’m able to rule out but I’d be extremely worried if we still walked on his path considering the body count he took part in.

Personally even if I had that unknown sanity detective thing I’d probably have investigated doldod on the second night (or perhaps Sapphire). One way or another I’d have been more able to do something with the information than investigating myself.
Still, I have no idea. I can totally see Karifean being actually a human, but when I think about everything, I’m tempted to still go for him.

Due to my earlier statement about who took part in killing a human twice, the other options I’d consider are SleepingPliskin and thesorceress, but in the first case I’m unable to grasp who their allies would be (unless it’s Karifean, in which case, may as well go after Karifean anyway…) and in thesorceress’ case while I still am unable to wash out all suspicion her general behaviour is making me feel like she’s genuinely confused, like the majority of the rest of us. In fact her earlier assumption about EM/Kari/Pliskin being the suspicious people was my own assumption for a time… Also, just like with Pliskin, the main person I could see as being her ally if she’s a witch… is again Karifean…

This is sorta bad after going back to no vote so recently but I’m going back to Karifean there. I’d be more than willing to listen if anyone has anything better to suggest tho.

Vote change : Karifean

Oh and TLDR :
Karifean/thesorceress/SleepingPliskin all voted twice in killing a human, so I’d be more willing to consider that at least one of them is a witch, but I can’t really easily work out situations where thesorceress and/or sleepingpliskin are witches unless they have karifean as ally and so I’ll take my chances with Karifean.

I know the narrative that you’ve been manipulated by some great witch all along is kinda tempting, but it’s certainly not what’s been happening here. I’m just a human whose suspicions did not bear fruition.

Feel free to propose a better idea.
That’s all I’ve got to work with.
-Witches kill humans, let’s see who killed humans-
I don’t consider this a grandiose manipulation tho.

To be honest, I’m at a loss of who to suspect. The only idea I have is this. As a witch, I would try to control the narrative of the story, so two witches would be active in forming the narrative of the game. They would propose ideas that would lead us in circles. That’s why I suspected Kari and still do. But if my idea is correct, the only ones that can fulfill the role of second active Witch is Usagi, Blackrune, or Sorceress. It would make sense because if they’re active and point the evidence in a certain direction, it’s easier for them to mislead the other humans

1 Like

This game is borderline experimental

1 Like

Who knows, I may turn out to be right about my crazy idea.

I am seriously considering voting against VyseGolbez

Not that much time left, and I’d rather not try to decide this at the last second.
The simple matter is that all humans need to agree on someone here. 8with three witches anyway. With two, one human would be able to vote incorrectly. Can’t bet on that though.
In a way I found that first round of votes telling, although it’s possible the witches were wise enough to wait instead of jumping on.
I also can’t bring myself to distrust the lovers no matter what. I just… I can’t see someone playing this for the first time pulling a move like that. (the only clue I’ve found that throws any suspicion on them is the fact they both “screwed up” their introduction. Sapphire added an incorrect title at first, while Doldod put it in pink. Still a weak argument though.)

And most of thesorceress’ post just read like genuinely human. I was pretty much convinced of that on the second day because she guessed the same thing as me. (that karifean might have voted directly because detective) The only thing that ever made me second-guess this was the switch at the end of the day, but the reason for that was still fair enough.

So in the end things just always lead back to EternalMagician, Karifean, and Pliskin.
I am convinced picking one of them is our best shot. If there aren’t at least two witches among them, then what even is this game.

Vote: Karifean

It’s really a bet, tho I’m kinda starting to wonder if EternalMagician/sleepingpliskin could be a viable answer to our situation…

It’s one of the few scenarios that doesn’t sound entirely insane.
What does anyone think about that? especially you @Karifean

That would make me a naive detective which is a possibility I’d rather not be the case ^^;

However, from my POV there are very very few possible setups that don’t involve SleepingPliskin being a witch.

Vote: SleepingPliskin

Can you elaborate on these possibilities? Just saying, but that’s probably one of the few ways to convince me that it’s a better idea than you.

Vote Tally

Vote History

Sapphire votes Karifean
Blackrune votes SleepingPliskin
Doldod votes SleepingPliskin
EternalMagician votes SleepingPliskin
UsagiTenpura votes No one
Blackrune votes No one
EternalMagician votes No one
Sapphire votes No one
Blackrune votes Karifean
Karifean votes SleepingPliskin

Karifean (2): UsagiTenpura, Blackrune
SleepingPliskin (2): Doldod, Karifean

With 8 players, the majority lynch is at 5. The phase ends at 22:15 UTC on the 16th of July, so in 5 hours and 46 minutes.

And since a few players were worried about that:

There are Witch Aligned players.

I am not a player in this game.