Recollection of a Mafia game [GAME OVER - Lovers' Victory]

Well I’m fairly certain by now with the event here that Karifean is not a witch.

I mean Sapphire, you or I could’ve easily killed him at any time, and quite honestly I think all three of us hesitated to do so.
I’ve been so adamantly suspicious of him since day one, that unless this is a perfect grand strategy that could’ve gone wrong at any time (so more a gambit or something…) I’m pretty certain he’s not a witch anymore.

… I’m also now confused again because Blackrune pulled out.
@Blackrune @Karifean what do you think is going on anymore here?

shrug well since I am going to flip human the person who gives the killing blow is probably going to come under suspicion, thus the witches might be waiting for a human to deal it.

Oh, but we truly are witches, are we not, Doldod? Everybody thinks that, we might as well become witches.

Okay, I’ll do what my partner did on this one. SleepingPliskin is the most shadowy player of us all, and even doesn’t seem to mind dying, maybe bragging cause he’s a witch and he’s fooling us all? Who are his fellow witches? Somebody who’s voting the same as him? Well, I wouldn’t know… He just seems to mostly be enjoying the game, overall… commenting every now and then or to save himself. Why, cause everything’s in his power? Well, these are my very over the place thoughts for now and like I said, I’m too tired to make a proper post.

Vote: SleepingPliskin

1 Like

I’m getting more and more convinced we’re all getting played. And I’m not sure it’s by Karifean.

I still think Kari might be lying about being the detective. But I’m not certain he’s totally incorrect about everything. And I still feel kind of weird about the situation.

I don’t really expect anyone else to follow me on this. But I think the situation really needs to be addressed one way or another. The situation is risky but it isn’t if there isn’t a detective. And I don’t think there is. So, this wouldn’t have been the worst plan in the world for the witches.

Change Vote: Doldod

Wait, why me and Doldod?

Well if anything as far as I’m concerned this whole event is perhaps the most insightful event that occurred since the start in term of learning information.

Sad that it happens at the last second but at least I really got a lot of information out of it.

Care to elaborate on that? What information have you got?

It’s human nature. Everything always happens near the deadline.

I’ve been thinking more about Kari and Pliskin’s theory. If there is no detective, then there was very little risk of you and Doldod being found out. If you both pretend to be humans, and humans that are tied together, then there’s little risk of you dying at Daylight, and no risk of dying at night with you being witches.

There’s got to be some reason you guys didn’t die last night.

I could be wrong. And if I’m wrong, then this is a huge and awful mistake. But I feel better about this than voting for Kari or Pliskin. This vote feels a whole lot like last one and I’m not really feeling like jumping ship to kill a human again. Let somebody else do that.

The short version is that Karifean is almost certainly a human, but it also made a lot of people move (thesorceress, Blackrune) and seeing you two lovers’ choices and hesitation, it’s not things I fully processed yet, but it’s definitively insightful.

1 Like

So, will everybody else vote now? We have like, 20 minutes left…

if only I knew. just now I was worried I’m the human that three witches are forcing a 4-4 with, especially after Sapphire could have easily ended this but didn’t. (it’s possible they wanted to savour the moment, of course. Their last few posts looked suspicious but to be fair everything looks suspicious right now.)

50 actually. I’m rereading the whole thread right now, heh…

We have more, 45 or so, I believe.

I just can’t think of another good explanation if Kari isn’t a witch. He seemed like one for so long to me.

@VyseGolbez, what’s the vote count?

I’m sorta probably in a favourable spot information wise since I can trust my own self and Karifean now.

Why did you pull out exactly, just to know?

Vote Tally

Vote History

Sapphire votes Karifean
UsagiTenpura votes Karifean
Blackrune votes SleepingPliskin
Doldod votes SleepingPliskin
EternalMagician votes SleepingPliskin
UsagiTenpura votes No one
Blackrune votes No one
EternalMagician votes No one
Sapphire votes No one
UsagiTenpura votes Karifean
Blackrune votes Karifean
Karifean votes SleepingPliskin
SleepingPliskin votes Karifean
UsagiTenpura votes No one
thesorceress votes Karifean
UsagiTenpura votes SleepingPliskin
EternalMagician votes Karifean
Blackrune votes No one
Sapphire votes SleepingPliskin
thesorceress votes Doldod

SleepingPliskin (4): Doldod, Karifean, UsagiTenpura, Sapphire
Karifean (2): SleepingPliskin, EternalMagician
Doldod (1): thesorceress

With 8 players, the majority lynch is at 5. The phase ends at 22:15 UTC on the 16th of July, so in 45 minutes.

1 Like

Ha ha, you mean the short, succinct but also all over the place latest posts? Forgive me if you became suspicious cause of those, I’m having a bad day and my mind is not exactly clear now…

Trusting him that much all of a sudden? Well, not sure I agree to that degree, but…
The people on him aside from me were Eternalmagician, thesorceress, and SleepingPliskin. Exactly those from my suspect pool. Pliskin is excused cause his hand would be forced anyway, but that just gave me the feeling I’m on the wrong track somehow.

Well the main scenario I can see of Karifean still being a witch is if he’s cooperating with the lovers.

Is that likely? I mean, I guess you have no certainty about my humanity, but see it from my pov assuming I am. I find that scenario an unlikely one, but I can’t entirely rule it out…