Rokkenjima Mafia - Game IV [Game Over - Human Side Victory]

Well we think both them having more people and a harder kill might make there be 4 witches instead of a usual 3. I am not going to comment as I have always been wrong on the number of witches in every game.

It does seem too early to try and vote someone to be killed, but at this pace I wonder if we will ever come to a conclusion? VOTE: No Death

You want us to just stand around and do nothing?
ā€¦Tch, I guess thereā€™s no other way right now. We can really only speculate about things like the number of witches and what the win conditions could mean. If itā€™s truly easier for them to kill, then just waiting out a night is the only way to gain any evidence of thatā€¦ while just lynching someone randomly would make their job even easier unless we get lucky. So thisā€¦ is best for now.

Vote: No Death

Sure thing. I think itā€™s easiest to explain if I explain how I got to options 2 and 3. For that, letā€™s think back to the games where the witches automatically won when the number of humans and witches was equal. Now letā€™s look at the two possibilities the game could be in to reach this state.

1. It is Daytime: In this case the witches would simply vote for the same human and already reach 50% of the votes. This makes it impossible for a witch to actually die during daytime, so a human will die, followed by a human dying in nighttime, followed by a human in daytime since now the witches have majority, rinse and repeat until all humans are dead.
  2. It is Nighttime: This one is easier, since again, a human is guaranteed to die, putting the witches in majority during the day, thereby surely killing a human, again, rinse and repeat until all humans die.

Since the win condition for witches changed though, it either means that Beatrice is a sadist and wants to see the humans pointlessly struggle once the state of #Witches = #Humans is reached (that was option 1 in my earlier post) or that a win for the human side is still possible once the above mentioned state is reached. Now that Iā€™m actually thinking about certain possible situations the game could be in, option 1 starts to seem more and more likely. Let me explain: Originally, I thought that there must be the possibility that puts the humans at +1 in a day-night-cycle (usually itā€™s Ā±0 at best and -2 at worst, as a human is guaranteed to die (-1) and during the day either another human dies (-1) or a witch dies (+1)). Thatā€™s how I reached option 2 of ā€œA kill might not be achieved during the nightā€, as in this one itā€™s possible that a witch dies during the day (+1) and no one dies during the night (-0). Another option of how to reach this +1 is option 3 of ā€œA human has the ability to kill one other player during the nightā€, as now it is possible that a witch dies during the day (+1), and during the night both a witch and a human die (+1-1).
But now that you asked, I thought a bit as to how the game would look if there are exactly two witches and two humans left. And, well, this situation reaches a stalemate at best during the day, as the two witches vote to off one human and the two humans vote to off one witch, and this state wouldnā€™t change during the night in my proposed option 2, and would go to 1 witch, 1 human in my proposed option 3. Only when both options exist at the same time (1 death is prevented, also someone else is killed, chosen by a human) is it possible for the humans to get to 1 witch 2 humans on the next daytime phase. However, the same is no longer possible if the game is in, say, the state of 3 witches and 2 humans. In that case, the witches may as well cackle and openly say they are the witches and vote to off one of the two humans. (The combination of option 2 and 3 would be too powerful if it were possible everytime, if such a thing exists, itā€™s most likely a one-time-use thing)

All this thinking has brought my attention to a question that I would like to ask to @MAFIA_Beatrice: What happens when at the end of the daytime phase not even a simple majority has been reached, like how in my example it was 2 vs 2?

@MAFIA_Alice Oh and donā€™t worry about double posting in this topic, as editing is forbidden, it is really the only way to say more. Usually thereā€™s some little quip in the OP that Double Posting is allowed in the gameboard, but it seems our GM forgot to do something like that (or I overlooked it).

I refuse to answer. *cackle*

Thatā€™s an answer in itself, because if there was a simple resolution like ā€˜Neither diesā€™ or ā€˜Both of them dieā€™, would there really be any good reason to keep it secret?
I guess it is possible this witch doesnā€™t want to let us know exactly so nobody can use it to their advantageā€¦

Alternatively, there is a hidden tiebreaker mechanism.

I agree with all of you voting no death, but Iā€™ll hold off on voting to gain some more info. If we get to 4ish hours Iā€™ll submit my vote again.

I was worried you wouldnā€™t see our reasoning @MAFIA_Keiichi so itā€™s good to know even in your condition you can think rationally.

If Iā€™m not mistaken there is no way to break ties so if a tie occurs nothing happens. BUT this isnā€™t the normal kind of game, is it, Beatrice? So it canā€™t be that simple, surelyā€¦

Inb4 it turns out the tiebreaker mechanic is a game of Rock-Paper-Scissors between the two groups.

Despite the gruesome sight, people managed to stay calm and level-headed. It appeared to be a near unanimous decision that being hasty would be a bad call.

Vote Log

@MAFIA_Rose votes No Death
@MAFIA_Kinzo votes No Death
@MAFIA_Kanon votes No Death
@MAFIA_Shion votes No Death
@MAFIA_Alice votes No Death
@MAFIA_Gabriel votes No Death
@MAFIA_Alice retracts their vote
@MAFIA_Higanbana votes No Death
@MAFIA_Suzumu votes No Death
@MAFIA_Keiichi votes No Death

##It is now Halftime

ā€¦and the vote is instantly locked down by Majority Lockdown!

Vote Tally

No Death - 8 votes

You have 24 hours to send me a PM with your Night Action. Unless you specify that you wish additional time to consider, I will take your PM as ā€˜finalā€™, and if I have everyoneā€™s Night Actions early, I will end the night phase early.

Sleep well~

This is why I avoided votinā€™ just quite yet. sighs Guess we should have had a few less people vote so that we could get a bit more time to discuss things. We should probably keep this in mind in case somethinā€™ else happens. Anyone who seems to be pushing to resolve a phase early should probably be viewed with suspicion, at least thats what it seems like to me. Hopefuly, nothinā€™ else happens tonight, but my instincts tell me that this poor girl ainā€™t the last victim.

100% agree here, I am worried youā€™ll get shot down due to being level-headed enough to comment this. I was going to wait till morning to remark this, butā€¦
well, I guess you got it out there. Everyone please listen to this advice. I retracted my vote for good reason and itā€™s only going to get more important to hear everyoneā€™s voices from here on out.

I have no ability that would prove useful now, so Iā€™ll be wishing you a good night. Please donā€™t make it easy to get yourselves killed - not that it will matter with a criminal capable of leaving no trails, whatever that meansā€¦

inb4 ā€œa youkai did it!ā€

I donā€™t use fantastic racism, unlike a few people here.

What if it was just Beatrice all along? Alright we know who to vote out in the morning, case closed, wedidit

If only it were that simpleā€¦

Indeed, it was me! Just believe in my existence and youā€™ll be able to trust everyone else here for the rest of your lives! *cacklecacklecacklecacklecackle*

Letā€™s seeā€¦ @MAFIA_Gabrielā€™s reasoning for 3 witches sounds reasonable, but itā€™s only a theory of courseā€¦ there could be more or less, only time will truly tell.

As for the phase having ended early because of the voting majority, maybe we should do something likeā€¦ Donā€™t put your vote in until at least half time for daylight phase, so discussion may be had. I think that sounds reasonable, does anyone else have any possible thoughts?

Iā€™ve been saying this since the start. But with so many people pushing that no death vote we can hardly suspect everybodyā€¦ Except maybe @MAFIA_Keiichi for pushing the vote over.

What a boring outcome.

ā€¦I guess that was a little careless. From now on Iā€™ll refrain from voting until after half-time.
Well, even though itā€™s night now, we can just keep the discussion going, right?

I suppose nothing is stopping us from talking now. Though, people will need to sleep at some point which may be a slight hinderance, but people have to sleep at somepoint right? We wouldnā€™t want anyone to do something while theyā€™re tired that they might regret later.