Rokkenjima Mafia Roulette - The Head's Ring [Game Over - Witch Side Victory]

Why the sudden change in target Picto?

You’ve opened the envelope by now, right?

1 Like

@pictoshark’s made a decision and the only response has been cold dead silence.

I…don’t really know what to make of that. Still, I don’t really have any sort of argument for or against what’s going on so I guess there really might not be anything to say until @Karifean says something or a time limit runs out.

I suppose it’s likely a human is going to die this turn if @Karifean is human and if they’re a witch then I guess this means the witch’s side is freaking out.

This wasn’t a very productive post. I’m just a little unnerved by the lack of any response from almost anyone.

Okay, so hey looks like I even managed to make it back before picto’s time limit ran out. How nice.

So now after having read the whole topic, I noticed you totally pointed out that you baited for responses yourself. I guess I could’ve saved myself a whole lot of redundant reasoning presenting if I’d noticed that earlier. I still don’t think killing the one other guy who’s been deliberately trying to get exchanges going is particularly logical (and do you seriously believe I just jumped on the Kill-Rest-train because I saw it as an opportunity? Come now, give me some more credit, man). As for people I’m legitimately suspicious about, there are none. So far everything’s been mostly run of the mill. That being said, I can tell you what I’d do if I had been in your situation right now.

Tendencially, the Mafia/Witches/Radicals/Kings are the people who do not talk much. In fact I don’t remember a single game where this did not apply. We don’t have anyone who outright doesn’t talk this time, but a number of players have had nothing to share besides “sure kill someone thank god it’s not me”. First thing I’d do is put them - and by them I primarily mean @StarTurner, @Wonderlander and @Blackrune - more on the spot and have them defend themselves.

The only people I’d actually more or less whitelist for this first day (not for later days mind you) are you, because your plan with the letter was so weird I can’t imagine you pulling that if you actually thought much about it, and @Aspirety, who’s acting basically the same way he always does and actually questions people on their actions which he tended not to do when he was on the witch side. @Antra did something pretty crazy but they said RL called (I can empathize Xx) and I’d rather let total newcomers live through the first day anyways. @Restkastel’s supposed strategy of killing off the more useless people sounds Rest-like enough, though it also matches up with his strat as Oyashiro last game of being one of the most active people. Could go either way for now. Then there’s @EternalMagician and @thesorceress which I don’t think I’ve ever seen on the witch side so far(?) and have not acted out of character so far.

So those are my impressions so far. Do I still have to convince you not to kill me?

Speaking up when the Head is in direct confrontation with someone they plan to execute is risky for everyone. The witches are fine with things going the way they are, and humans don’t know for sure that I’m actually a human. Anyone speaking up would risk antagonizing the guy who’s literally in charge of killing someone and has to do it. (Which is also why I’m a little frustrating that picto’s been so forward with his accusation of me; not only is it wrong, it also sapped the influx of new useful information)

1 Like

looks at the results of last Secret Oyashiro game You do realize I was Oyashiro and had the top amount of posts in the thread for most of the game, right?

The time we were the Witches~?

Mmhmm. Give me someone else to be suspicious of!

Sorry, I don’t do well with being forced into someone else’s pace. Coming up with a random suspect off the top of their head would not be productive anyways, it’s safer to just take the necessary time to gather and evaluate information. Which is what I’m still advocating.

Btw, to anyone who’s incapable of opening picto’s letter, these are the contents:

One person, for that one person, I could never line it up. My hands tremble. That damn snake. Kari managed to talk his way right out of my suspicion… and in his place… someone else is looking shady.

Eggsikyute: EternalMagician

is what I’d love to say, but I can’t do that yet (therefore Execute is spelt wrong)

What’s the deal? Your reasoning above. I brushed over it at the time but the more I read it the less sense it makes. You literally proposed a random shot. What the hell? @EternalMagician I hope you’re up to the task of defending this bizarre logic!

All rightly then, I’m back and ready for more. While I was away, I decided to write a series of notes analyzing the various scenarios that could happen depending on the current Head’s alignment. So the following is stuff that I wrote down. If there is a flaw in my logic, please correct it.

Human?

Notes:

Assuming that our Head is a Human, it would stand that they would pick someone to lynch before the time limit decides for them. No matter whose team they’re on, dying due to self-lynch would only hurt the team they’re on.

If the player they picked is a fellow Human, that player would defend themselves as a Human. There’s no benefit to false-claiming they are a Heir since the Heir would notice and call them out on there BS. At that point, no matter who gets lynched, the Human side would be fucked. So please don’t false claim if your a normal Human, I’m begging you.

If the Head choose the Heir, the Heir may choose to reveal themselves in order to survive. But the Heir doesn’t know for certain if the Head is a fellow ally. So the Head’s survival may depend on the Heir choosing to reveal themselves or retracting there decision.

If the Human Head chooses a Witch, they would probably claim to be a Human, but not the Heir. False-claiming would probably cause the True Heir to call them out on their BS and narrowing down the suspects.

And here are the ones I did for the Witch side:

…Or Witch?

Notes:

If the Witch Head chooses a Human, the Player will need to defend themselves. The Head would need some legit-sounding reasons to kill them anyway, or otherwise the other Humans may get suspicious.

If the Witch Head happens to choose the Heir, I think it would become a game of Risk. Assuming that the Heir decides not to reveal themselves come decision time, The Witch Head would have no idea if the person they’re about to kill is a Heir or not. I think the Heir should only say they are the Heir if they are confident that person is a Human Head. Otherwise, stay low-key.

That’s all for now, I may or may not cover the scenario where the Alchemist unknowingly elects the Heir to Head.

Whoever you are, Stay frosty, Stay sane, Stay safe.

Well my logic here is that there seems to be three systems we are debating right now.

1. The usefulness system where the player who talks the least will be executed.

2. A “feeling system”, which our dear Family Head seems to favor, where the one who seems the most suspicious is executed.

3. A random chance system where someone drawn at random is executed.

The way I see it is that 1 is weak according to the reasoning I provided earlier. 2 is weak because it’s very subjective and behaviour that one finds suspicious might not be suspicious to another person, at least not until we have more evidence for possible witches. As someone who always tries to think from an objective standpoint I like the third, non-choice, option because it’s impossible to play that system (as long as you trust the one making the draw) and because that way we don’t allow our feelings to cloud our judgment, at least not until we actually can start pointing fingers at someone.

Oh and just to point it out, if I was a witch would I really argue for a method that actually put a real risk of killing one?

Intentionally ignoring what Restkastel proposed?

Hitting those who are not useful, based on past game results in order to minimize losses to the human side. I noticed that you didn’t mention this.

But that barely matters! Don’t you get it? Random shots have a higher chance of hitting a human than they have for hitting a witch.

Here’s where I start to disagree. There’s always the chance that the person managing the RNGesus draw can be biased in some way. Putting aside the potential disaster that would occur if the drawer is a Witch, even a result drawn by a Human can be questionable. As @Blackrune pointed out, when I did my joke RNGesus draw, I could have drawn again in secret and lied about it later to not get my name. The human player who draws could fake the results to make sure the one they find suspicious is executed. In that case, the only person I would ever trust to make a non-biased draw is @Rabla.

And of course Azzy isn’t going to overstep her boundaries as Gamemaster.

Now @EternalMagician! What you lack in spirit you don’t at all make up for with your argument. Your form is lousy. Your logic, poor.

Do you have any further arguments? Or should I just Execute you now?

Sorry but the mind of my meat puppet tired from a long meeting earlier this and the late hour don’t have anymore arguments so give.

So if you want to execute me then do so, just know that you will be executing a fellow human. And if I am to die then I just hope that you’ll be able to find the witches before its too late.

A shame… an apology might have stayed my hand. “Yeah I guess you’re right, shooting random is a bit silly.”

Too bad. I hope that your bizarre behavior held meaning in the end.

Die, he who seeks to destroy Rokkenjima.

Execute: EternalMagician

O…kay! This round was a wild ride. Let’s hope you got a witch.

Waiting around for @Rabla like

3 Likes

Family Head Pictoshark has made his Decision.

##The Bells have Tolled for @EternalMagician, a Human.

The Day has come to end, and now it is time for those of Magic to play. You have 24 Hours to make your decisions, with the phase ending at 2:30AM UTC, on Saturday the 18th of February,

Witch Side Players, and the Family Alchemist, please take your actions.

If the Family Alchemist does not make any nominations, it will be left to the fate of the roulette.

However, if the Witches make no Kill decision, there will not be any Kill. Please keep this in mind.

@Restkastel @StarTurner @Karifean @Antra @Blackrune @pictoshark @EternalMagician @thesorceress @Wonderlander @Aspirety

…Well, crap.