Rokkenjima Podcast Applications

Ditto what Vyse said.

This is gonna be a interesting podcast…

My plan is to frame any discussions of it’s horror elements in a “this is why the rest of Higu is so good” sort of way.

Hopefully that should make the podcast feel a little more cheery.

I can pretty much be up for most of Higurashi. But anything super recent is probably off the table. Currently, I’m working on getting a better mic, though. For other reasons. Sorry if this is bad, I’m just super tired.

1 Like

Now accepting applications for spots on the Higanbana Bookclub Podcasts!

Alright, I’m officially applying for the Higanbana podcasts (this will be my first time reading through and I’m super excited) as well as the Tsumihoroboshi-hen podcast for Higurashi, whenever that comes out.

I’m also interested in any Higurashi 15th anniversary content that may end up happening, just so it’s on the record.

2 Likes

@Rabla is too heckin lazy to post here so I’m posting on his behalf to say he’ll “maybe” be on the Higanbana podcast. Thanks Rabla.

2 Likes

Higanbanana Higanbanana Higanbanana Higanbanana!

(I’d love to be on the Higanbanana podcasts)

3 Likes

So uh… With Pictoshark out of commission we currently only have two people here to record a podcast. If we can’t secure a full cast I’ll have no choice but to put the Bookclub on indefinite hiatus. I’d you’re interested in joining, please consider applying!

1 Like

Could the upcoming podcast not just be done with 2 people?

If three people is what you really want wouldn’t it be possible to try again with the next podcast and make an exception for the upcoming podcast?

I’d be interested if I can finish in time! How much do I need to have read? The first chapter or the entire First Night?

EDIT: Oh, only chapters 1, 2, and 3? How long do I have to finish them? I might be able to do it by the end of next week.

2 Likes

We plan to record this weekend. It’s only 6 hours of reading total!

We’re looking for at least 4 people for the podcast and we currently have 2.

1 Like

Ohhhh. That might be an issue. I’m EST and I won’t be available on Saturday until about 1:30 and I work on Sunday from 12 to 5.

Hi, I’m interested in taking part in the podcast, I am currently near the end of Chapter 2. I still have Chapter 3 to go. I could probably finish reading it before the weekend.

Glad to hear form you HolyHawk! There is a requirement that all applicants reach Witch rank and join the Discord though, so I’ll need you to get back to me as soon as you get Witch rank so we can conduct an audition.

So I haven’t applied for Higanbana because I don’t feel the same passion about it as I felt about Higurashi. Higanbana’s good, yes, but there hasn’t been a “I really want to talk about this thing” feeling, which is why I’m unsure if I could bring much to the discussion.

If you think my posts in the relevant topics speak differently, so that I should have stuff to talk about, then I guess you can invite me, but I’m a lot less sure of myself for this one.

I’m actually interested in talking about chapters 4 through 7 of the first night. Well, mainly 5 and 6 and probably 7 (only halfway through that one right now).

3 Likes

I would love to return if you’ll have me! But, if someone else wants my spot, I’ll be glad to step down for this one.

1 Like

Oh my god I need to talk about 7. This is an application. Consider it one.

3 Likes