Rokkenjima Podcast Applications

Bring back the shark! The public demands it! @Aspirety

1 Like

Since you’ve been advertising for Chiru now, I think I’ll have to throw my proverbial hat into the ring, considering I’m pretentious enough thinking I already have a good understanding of the story from the Questions arc alone.

3 Likes

I’ll also be glad to step up for Chiru, and possibly the last podcast of Higanbana as well. I’m doing some catch-up reading tonight and should be able to get caught up by next weekend.

1 Like

We’re recording Higanbana tomorrow, so I can’t promise you that spot, but I’ll see about getting you on for the Umineko podcast!

Okey dokey! Sounds good.

If you’re in need of more well-read veterans For Chiru I’m certainly interested. A tag-team round with @Jokrono would be such a treat.

1 Like

I am willing to discuss Rose Gun Days when you guys do the podcast for that. It would be easier to reread and I really like RGD.

And having read Umineko for what…three times now, I can certainly contribute to Umineko podcast.

3 Likes

Because we don’t get enough of those already :annoyed: :ryukishi:

1 Like

I’d like to apply for the podcast, this’ll be my first time reading Chiru and I’m looking forward to the experience either way.

2 Likes

Keep in mind to any newcomers who want to be on the podcast: Please make sure you don’t read ahead of the Podcast schedule, otherwise you’ll be considered a veteran.

The first 3 weeks will be dedicated to EP5, and the next few fortnights will be dedicated to one Episode each.

1 Like

So after giving it some thought, can I tentatively put my name down as an interested veteran? I know I was pretty quiet during the launch party tonight, but once I’ve got some momentum, I do think I’d be able to keep talking for a couple of hours (especially now that I’ve actually talked to a few folks from here, that makes a hell of a difference for me).

Was my mic quality/volume during the party acceptable? This headset’s old and literally held together with tape at this point, so if I need a new mic, I can definitely go searching for one.

2 Likes

Both bumping this and saying that I’m still ready to talk about Umineko!

I’ve got @VyseGolbez and @Thehoennhippo applying for Episode 5 yes? Any other newcomers interested in applying?

2 Likes

Completely missed this under the process of marking threads as read; I’m in boss.

3 Likes

Now accepting applications for the Episode 6 Podcast! I’d like to get a veteran or two on for this one, so don’t be shy if you’ve already read Umineko. Priority goes to those who have a lot to say!

Of course, those who have been in previous podcasts are encouraged to apply too.

1 Like

I’m ready boss. I’d love to continue on the podcast team for Chiru, since Ep5 was a heap of fun to talk about.

@MagusVerborum do you think we can control ourselves enough to tag-team on a podcast without just talking over everyone else? :wahaha:

Also I’m nominating @Seraphitic since he’s currently the only surviving member of every Umineko podcast so far, I want him to make it to the end.

Shout out to @VyseGolbez for some really cool contributions to the Ep5 podcast, there were some great points in there and I’m excited to see your theories flesh out in the Ep6 thread and hopefully on the podcast too :ryukishi:

5 Likes

I mean I could probably talk for an hour just on my own, so if you can take the other hour we’ll have a podcast wrapped and ready to go for Christmas :wahaha:

I’m of course interested if we’re looking for a veteran or two, I think there will be a lot to discuss for all of us at the table.

3 Likes

Nominating others is a good idea, if you have someone you’d really like to see share their thoughts on the podcast.

3 Likes

I’d also love to apply for this one! As a veteran, I really want to discuss several characters who get a lot of screen time this episode (Featherine and Erika in particular) and some of the intricacies in this episode.

3 Likes

I’d like to throw my hat in the ring again (I completely forgot that I said I was only “tentatively” interested in Ep5, whoops), but if it’s at a similar time as the Ep5 podcast, I probably won’t be able to manage it - the Ep5 podcast happened somewhere around 7 or 8 AM for me, and I’m terrible at getting up early.

I’ll go ahead and say now though that I’d love to be there for the Ep7 podcast, I’m super excited for that one! ^^

2 Likes