Rokkenjima Podcast Applications

Forum members can use this topic to express their interest in joining the Rokkenjima podcasts!

Things we’re looking for from podcast members:

• You must be Witch rank, otherwise you won’t be able to join us on Discord!

• Charisma! You need to be confident yapping in front of a mic for a couple of hours, and not afraid to butt in with your points in the discussion. If you have an interesting and compelling personality and a sexy voice, then that will distinguish you from the crowd. Lots of stuttering and pauses is the first thing we’ll be judging you on.

• An analytical and reflective mind! For our Bookclubs / Tea Parties it’s important that you spend a lot of energy reflecting on the story and thinking of what you can bring to the discussion, whether it be your personal feelings or some interesting ideas we’ve points of discussion. This is especially important on the podcasts, because you’ll need to bring your own analysis on the day, and we hope your analysis is interesting enough! The deeper you’re willing to dig, the better!

• A good mic and recording conditions. Since this is a podcast, recording quality must meet a certain standard before we’ll let you join us. A laptop mic (usually) won’t cut it; you’ll need an actual microphone or headset or decent quality. And if you happen to live right next to an airport or have a really loud house, then it might not work the best. Please keep this in mind before applying. Obviously, you’ll need a computer with stable internet too; we’ll provide you with the software necessary to participate.

• If you’re completely new to the series and don’t know how it ends, you’ll gain much higher priority than the others! As long as you meet the main criteria and fill these shoes, there’s a very good chance you’ll get a spot on a podcast. We need newcomers to push these podcasts forward with their own genuine unbiased impressions and analysis.

We’ll be screening all applicants to gauge their eligibility prior to the podcast. Please bring your best mic and show us what you’ve got!

Applications are currently open for the Umineko Tea Party Podcast! Register your interest here.

6 Likes

Next up is the Higurashi Watanagashi Tea Party Podcast! If you’d like to be on this one particularly, be sure to let us know in your application here. I’ll let you know once an audition date has been organised!

1 Like

I would like to formally apply for one of the future podcasts! The only knowledge I hold on Higurashi is of Onikakushi and Watanagashi as those are the only chapters I’ve read and I’m holding out on the anime. I am willing to do any (and all) chapters but I do have a preference for Watanagashi. I have posted previously in the Onikakushi discussion for a small example of my line of thinking and things that caught my eye. I also haven’t heard of any complaints from people about my headset. If there is anything else I need to include in this post, be sure to let me know!

2 Likes

I’d like to be on a future podcast as well! I don’t have a preference for which chapter but I’ve always wanted to be involved with a podcast and now I’m even more excited to apply after listening to the latest one. I’ve read all of Higurashi and watched the anime, so I might be a bit biased in my opinions, but I’d still like to be involved.

3 Likes

What time is normal podcast recording? I would like to apply as long as it’s not the same time as Onikakushi was.

2 Likes

It’s pretty flexible.

1 Like

I just bought Watanagashi-hen and am anxiously waiting to read it for the first time, so I’d be thrilled to join the Tea Party with you guys! I’m ready to display the same raw analytical skill I displayed with the AIR Bookclub at Kazamatsuri, but with newfound charisma! I’ll also make sure my room is quiet and my voice is clear before the podcast starts, as long as I have time to organize that.

Glad for the chance to be a part of this! :smile:

1 Like

The Watanagashi Tea Party is being pushed back for now. We are currently looking for people to appear on the Umineko Legend Tea Party! Priority goes to people who are completely new to Umineko. If you’re curious about Umineko and would like to join us on the Podcast, then please consider registering your interest here!

3 Likes

Registering my interest! I am mostly new to Umineko, with the exception of minor beginning fragments.

1 Like

I was really sad I missed the last podcast, so Im hoping I can get in on this. Ive been pretty interested in this 07th stuff since I read Onikakushi. Last I checked I was still completely ignorant of Umineko, so that checks out too.

Same. Actually if possible and if Yerian wants, I want to be on a podcast with him.

@Rabla Would you be interested in joining this podcast?

hey look I can get on the website again

yes I would

1 Like

I’m not sure how one would apply for this podcast, but I’d love to audition!

1 Like

@MrDent glad to hear! First step would be to join our Discord chat. Don’t be afraid to jump on voice so I can get to know you!

Also, what’s your experience with Umineko?

I’ve read it quite a few times, and own all the manga that’s currently released in english. I’m a pretty huge fan of the series, and have attempted to introduce it to most of my friends. I’m currently rereading the Steam version and am working on creating a fan-made audio dramatization of the first episode. You’d probably like more new blood in order to create a spoiler-free podcast that’s open to more theories and such, but I think there’s enough density in terms of characterization and themes in the first episode alone that can be analyzed pretty thoroughly!

Okay guys, next up is the Higurashi Watanagashi Tea Party Podcast! We’re looking for volunteers to appear on the podcast! If you’re new to Higurashi, you’ll likely have high priority, so please raise your hand if you wanna get involved!

Of course, even if you have appeared on the Onikakushi Podcast and would like to be on again, please let me know here!

@RedEspeon, @SanjiSanada, @cjlim2007 and @EisenKoubu, since you expressed interest way back, I’d like to confirm, are you still interested?

1 Like

Yes, I am still very much interested. My copy of Watanagashi on Steam has been collecting dust since April, so I’m very excited to finally be able to read and (potentially) discuss it on the Podcast. :smile:

1 Like

If you’re short on people then I’ll probably be free to do podcast as well

1 Like

I would love to, but unfortunately I’m pretty busy with school and work at the moment :sweat: