Introduce Yourself!

Glad you could make it @antimagictoxin! I’ve seen you on Twitter and I’m really glad you decided to join us here. It’ll be great to have you for the Higanbana Bookclub!

1 Like

As a Magician of Language I welcome to you to our humble plane, I do hope you find everything to your liking. Tell me, which of Ryukishi’s texts have you consumed in whole? I am most curious. We have places for those who have and have not completed their ahem studies of such things. We also have a discord server which can be accessed after a short time of contribution from yourself, as well as approval from our soulbound furniture. I look forward to seeing you there should you partake.

2 Likes

I’m a self-taught Magician, truth be told. I look forward to studying the magic of words with you in the future~

Is that a self-imposed title for reasons that have to do nothing with linguistics or are you a linguistics student, Magus? If so, that is very interesting, yes, it is. I have an interest in linguistics even though I know nothing about it but I will start getting into it more in the future. Anyhow, I would like to talk to you about them sometime, assumming my guess about you is correct and all.

I’m going to be honest, I find language very interesting but I am not a linguistics student. The reasons for taking the title are unrelated to my studies however I consider the title personally significant for, uh, reasons.

1 Like

Hello, and welcome to Rokkenjima, @Arietta! As a lover of stories I also welcome you into our tiny little fragment. While I am not a magician, I am the self proclaimed local guide of this place, so if you wish, take my hand and I shall show you around.

As you are a veteran, I think you would be most interested in the areas where you can talk about the things that happen later on in Umineko without worry of spoiling the new readers. I think you would be very interested in our thread about the witches of Umineko! Of course, you can also check out our various spoiler threads, such as the Umineko general spoilers threads or the individual episode per episode spoiler threads. Of course, you can also check out other Umineko centric threads such as the Umineko 10th anniversary, the best scenes in Umineko, your favorite adults in Umineko, what may happen if the servants and the masters switched, or explaining Umineko in 50 words or less! You can also check out some of our rather… crazy theories.

Of course, you can also check out our Higurashi threads! Even if you haven’t read Higurashi in it’s entirety yet, you can still enjoy our spoiler free threads! And if you haven’t even begun Higurashi yet, please please read Higurashi. Although it does not contain the magic of Umineko, it also has a lovable cast that truly deserves more appreciation than it gets. if you do decide to read Higurashi, I recommend reading along with Rokkenjima as part of our tea parties!

Speaking of these Rokkenjima wide readings, beginning very soon will be our Higanbana Bookclub! I sincerely hope you wait to read Higanbana along with everyone else, as these stories become even more enjoyable when you have someone to discuss your theories with! And if you have a lot to contribute in either theories or fanart, you may win a prize!

In the few days before the Higanbana Bookclub officially begins, I recommend checking out our prior tea parties. We’ve covered arcs 1-5 of Higurashi, episodes 1-4 of Umineko, and the newly translated Higurashi arc, Someutsushi! You can read all our theories in the spoiler free topics or by listening to our lovely podcasts (which if you want to help host future podcasts, you can)!

And if you still aren’t satisfied, there are other things to do on Rokkenjima too. You may be interested in our astrology thread, our book thread, the writing thread, our movie thread, share your MBTI type, talk about other VNs, share your VNDB list, talk about your favorite caffeinated beverage, even talk about pizza!

I hope you enjoy your stay here, and more importantly, make some new friends!

4 Likes

Huh, I see. Ah well.

Sup peeps. I’m known as Mega on a small corner on the internets, but I chose this username just because it wasn’t taken. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m a huge fan of Higurashi/Umineko. Higurashi instantly became my #1 series, and none have replaced its position ever since. And during the release of Umineko VN, it was pretty much a major part of my life back then. I made a partial patch for Umineko Tsubasa which I posted on AnimeSuki, I didn’t translate anything, just inserted TIPS that were already translated in to the script for use in ONScripter, and photoshopped a couple of images. If you see the final screenshot on vndb on Umineko Tsubasa, it’s my half-assed work! I was surprised when I saw it myself, haha ^_^;

Though, to be honest, I collected a few Higurashi and Umineko stuff. And stumbled here while looking around for a place to sell the two PS3 Umineko games. Give me a hollar if anyone want to buy them of my hands, they’re unopened copies. >_<;

Unfortunately real life caught up a bit, and I’ve been out of the loop for a while now. Gonna have catch up a lot.
Anyway, my goal in life right now, is to visit Shirakawa-go and the mansions of Umineko in Japan! Wish me luck. $_$

7 Likes

Welcome to the community! It’s great to have more people familiar with 07th Hacking here, especially since you prepared that Tsubasa patch! May I ask what photoshopping was required? Feel free to PM me if it’s post question arc spoilers.

Glad to be here :smile:
I photoshopped a few images with Japanese text and pasted English text over them.
Like that “White Day Annihilation” screenshot on vndb. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Hello, hello, hello! If you’re a fan of 07th Expansion, you’ve come to the right place! I’m glad you decided to join us!

You may be interested in our 07th Hacking thread! As Aspi said, it’s good to have people who are familiar with that kind of stuff here! And thanks for inserting the TIPS in for Tsubasa! I have no idea how to work ONScripter, so I appreciate it! :joyful:

Here on Rokkenjima, the best way to get involved is to check out our tea parties! So far we’ve covered Umineko episodes 1-4, Higurashi arcs 1-5, and the newly translated arc, Someutsushi! Which if you haven’t checked Someutsushi out yet, you should! It’s a fun ride, especially for veterans. So, you can check out all of our crazy theories by reading the spoiler free topics on them or by listening to our lovely podcasts (which you can help host)!

Starting super soon (and by super soon, I mean tomorrow) will be our Higanbana Bookclub! So, if you haven’t read Higanbana yet, then I invite you to read it along with the rest of Rokkenjima! Even if you have already read it, rereading it alongside everyone else is incredibly fun. Besides, if you participate by posting in the Higanbana threads or by creating fanart, you may win a prize! I hope you are willing to join us in this Rokkenjima wide event!

Other things you can check out are our spoiler threads for Higurashi and Umineko, assuming you know all of the mysteries! There are also threads on the Higurashi anniversary and Umineko anniversary. You can also try to explain Umineko in 50 words or less, talk about the then they cry moments that made you cry, talk about how you discovered 07th Expansion, and even talking about how Higurashi is moving to VR! You can also check out all of the news we know on the rest of Kai coming to Steam, and the news on the next WTC!

And if you want to check out other things, we have threads on writing, hobbies, visual novels, music, movies, reading, pets, your wishlist, cooking, getting over boredom, your MBTI type, your VNDB list, you can even show off your collection of Higurashi and Umineko stuff! There’s a little bit of everything here for everyone, so I’m sure you’ll find a discussion that you enjoy and hop right in. You’ll find a home here in the community in no time.

Welcome to Rokkenjima! I hope you enjoy yourself here! Now go, make some new friends!

1 Like

Thank you @U4ea, it’s not really “hacking” and more like, tedious copy-pasting of text on Notepad. I know little-to-none programming, it’s actually easy to do.)

I put off reading RGD around Season 1-2 because waiting for W-H during Umineko took its toll on me. :rofl:
And I also put off reading Higanbana midway because… It was a bit depressing and messed up, even according to WTC standards. <__<

But I’ll be sure to check them all out now! :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Well, pleasure to meet everyone.
I’m Rena it’s also my real name so just call me by that.
I’m playing as Rena since a long long time.

and my absolute favorite 07th characters are:
Rena
Black Battler
Where in the world do you live?
EU
What 07th Expansion series’ have you watched?
Higu, and Umi…* ( which is the worst anime ever…* )
Which was your first, and which is your favourite?
I’m a 07th fan since very long that means I read many,
like Higu,Umi,Higa,RGD.
How did you find Rokkenjima?
UO, @pictoshark ( thanks for the link )
What are some of your interests outside of 07th Expansion?
Gaming,RP,Cosplay.

9 Likes

Welcome to Rokkenjima! That’s really cool that you do cosplay. Hope you enjoy it here. Anyone who can make this community great is always welcomed. Post to whatever topic you like. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Welcome to Rokkenjima, @Rena-Ryuugu! I’m glad you decided to join in our tiny little fragment. Now is a great time to join in, as we just began our Higanbana Bookclub!

So, how that works is we all read (or reread) Higanbana together and then give it as much love as possible! You can discuss it in threads, or make some awesome fanart! Either way, the top contributor will win a prize, so please, participate in the Bookclub! It’s a Rokkenjima wide event, and it’s really fun even when you don’t win. Besides, Higanbana needs all of the love it can get!

You can also check out our prior tea parties that we’ve covered! So far we’ve read Umineko 1-4, Higurashi 1-5, and the newly translated Higurashi arc, Someutsushi together! You can read up on all of crazy theories by reading the spoiler free topics or by checking out our podcasts! And if you want to help host the upcoming Higanbana podcast, you can!

If you’re a veteran, then I recommend checking out our spoiler topics for Higurashi and Umineko! You can also talk about why the Umineko anime failed in comparison to the Higurashi anime, try to explain Umineko in 50 words or less, talk about your favorite scenes for both Higurashi and Umineko, talk about the moments that made you cry, talk about the Umineko 10th anniversary and the Higurashi 15th anniversary, and discuss your favorite characters! You can also check out the latest we know on the next installment of When They Cry.

There are plenty of ways to immerse yourself into our community! You can talk all about books, cooking, writing, movies, pets, caffinated beverages, pizza, the original vs the updated sprites, even how much (or how little) you sleep!

Oh, and once you get witch rank (which takes like a week, you won’t be able to access the topic until then), you should totally post yourself cosplaying (or at least just show us the cosplay outfits if you are shy)! You too, @Arietta! I’d love to see the cosplay you two have created!

3 Likes

Hi there my name is Farispie, and I have been an avid of Ryushiki07’s works since I got into the world of visual novels ~8 years ago. I am a 23 year old Canadian male who has been obsessed since. I have read the entirety of Umineko, Higurashi, Rose Gun Days, and Higabana. I am looking forward to when they cry 5, whenever that may be. I found Rokkenjima through Aspirety’s twitter account pretty much.

My absolute favourite work of 07th expansion is Umineko. I love how the game presented its narrative and it forces you to solve the mystery on your own.

7 Likes

Hello farispie, welcome to Rokkenjima!
One of our mods will be making her regular rounds soon with her loads of interesting links you may enjoy, so please, look forward to that.

In the meantime, I’d suggest you get yourself an avatar. Its the easiest way we have to identify members.

2 Likes

Welcome @farispie! I take it you have read Dies irae as well? =P

1 Like

Hi, @farispie! Welcome to Rokkenjima! So many new people joining lately, it’s really exciting! I’m glad so many people have decided to join into our tiny little community.

I’m the one Pandora was talking about. Or am I? Maybe that mod is secretly Karifean. It’s a secret~ :cackle:

It’s awesome to hear you’re a veteran for both Higurashi and Umineko! Since you know all of the secrets for both of these series, I recommend checking out the spoiler channels for them! Of course, you can also check out threads on the Higurashi 15th Anniversary and the Umineko 10th Anniversary, 07th Expansion music, your favorite scenes for both Higurashi and Umineko, the moments in when they cry that made you cry, how you found 07th Expansion, explaining Umineko in 50 words or less, even your favorite characters! You can also check out the lesser known 07th Expansion works like Rose Guns Days, When the Game Ends, Iwaihime, TRianThology, and Hotarubi! And of course, we also have the latest news on WTC5!

The best way to involve yourself in our community is to join in our current Bookclub, which is over Higanbana! In these Bookclubs, all of Rokkenjima comes together to celebrate 07th Expansion! You can participate by creating fanart or by discussing Higanbana in the threads! You may win a prize~ :joyful:

I also recommend checking out our prior Rokkenjima Bookclubs! So far we’ve covered episodes 1-4 of Umineko, arcs 1-5 of Higurashi, and the newly translated Higurashi arc, Someutsushi (which if you haven’t read Someutsushi, you should, it’s really fun for veterans to the Hinamizawa story)! You can check it all out by reading the spoiler free topics, or by listening to our lovely podcasts! You can also help host future podcasts if you wish~

We have a lot of non-07th Expansion stuff too! There’s threads on writing, books, movies, music, cooking, MBTI, astrology, visual novels, pets, pizza, your least favorite day of the week, even your hobbies! We have a little bit of everything for everyone!

Now go, make some new friends! Everyone here is super friendly, so I’m sure they’ll be as excited to get to know you as I am!

Woah, a fellow Canadian! Hello there.

1 Like