Higanbana Fanart

Use this topic to share Higanbana fanart you’ve made or fanart you’ve found around the internet. When posting other people’s fanart (or even your own), please be sure to link to the original submission. We recommend searching for the source of a fanart using http://saucenao.com/

Use your own discretion to [spoiler] tag plot spoilers, with adequate context provided in parenthesis.

1 Like

Oooh forgot there was a Higanbana fanart thread! I’ll post this here then!

Higurashi (Minagoroshi) and Umineko (Dawn of the Golden Witch) mangaka, Hinase Momoyama drew Higanbana to commemorate its recent 3DS port.

10 Likes

I don’t know if this is the right place to put this, since I didn’t draw it myself, but I commissioned the wonderful Izzy to draw Higanbana in the Maxwell Atoms/Billy and Mandy art style. (They’re both stories about befriending a supernatural, malevolent entity, so it seemed fitting!) I’m really loving it!

8 Likes

So I admit, I haven’t actually read Higanbana (YET), but I was commissioned to do some art for the book club, and now my interest has increased quite a bit. I just started Umineko, but maaaaaybe I need to start Higanbana on the side and join in the bookclub…?

10 Likes

Do iiiit. It’ll take you like 6 hours reading this week to catch up!

4 Likes

Here is my submission for the Higanbana Bookclub fanart thread! I was commissioned by the kind and patient @Aspirety , who asked me to draw two Higanbana characters of my choice. As soon as I heard that, my decision immediately fell on Sumire of the Dusk and Azami the Vengeful! The reason for that is that they’re two pretty awesome and smug ladies who hardly ever get any appreciation - Azami’s tag on Pixiv is empty as a wasteland, which is kind of sad… The chapters they appear in, “Utopia” and “The Thistles of Vengeance”, are by far my favorites as well. I might join the discussion once it’s time for those chapters!

(I also hope it’s okay I took the Higanbana username fhdsjk, since it’s a canon character username and all)

13 Likes

That’s a fine drawing, Higanbana. I really like the colours, especially, they are dark and lush and do give the air of something supernatural. I really like the shapes of everything in the picture too, from the accuracy of their kimonos, to their hair and their body parts, they are drawn in detail. Now for some good, old-fashioned critique, cause that’s probably what I’m posting for anyway and maybe don’t care for the good parts of your drawing :upside_down_face: their eyes are a bit… too conspicuous, maybe because of the strong and bright color you have coloured them in, but the eyes of the one on the right are especially conspicuous. When you look at her face, they stand out and also I think your drawing of the eyes hasn’t conveyed the expression you were meaning for it to convey, which I’m guessing is a sly expression. It looks more like a sad one. But anyhow, like I said, it’s a fine drawing, and the shapes are so good and accurate, I think you have the prospect of becoming quite a fine artist. And all the colours and the expressions all point to something wicked coming!

1 Like

(Tweet link)

Hello! Just came by to post some art that @Aspirety commissioned me for. I hope that all of you who are following the Higanbana Bookclub will allow yourselves to get immersed in this wonderful story! It’s a fantastic deconstruction of Umineko and Higurashi, as well as of the concept of “magic” as a whole, so I hope you can also see it from that point of view : D

As for the characters I’ve drawn, they certainly do have an interesting relationship dynamic later on in the story, haha!

EDIT: cropped it a little so that it’ll look better here haha

9 Likes

This. Is beautiful. Seriously, I’m in awe right now.

1 Like

I wasn’t going to post this here since it’s something I kinda just rushed out and, I’ll be the first to admit, it ain’t crazy good but… Eh. Since I bothered to make it, may as well drop it in.

HiganbanaThumbsUpWithBg
HiganbanaThumbsUpCircleNoText

There also exists the second version with the text, and higanbana by herself with no background at all but I don’t want to clog the forum~

9 Likes

Found some Izanami fanart~

3 Likes

I was taking a little break at work to doodle some Higanbana stuff, because animation is hard.

First I was trying to figure out how the hell to draw Higanbana herself, because while Ryukishi’s art has improved, his design doesn’t translate well into my style all too well. :mii: So I was seeing how I could add my own flare to it without using the manga design. Plus, don’t know much about the character yet, so I don’t feel like these expressions are accurate for her character as of yet.

This one is a joke

And then I decided to put a little more effort. Not satisfied, but eh, better luck next time.

And then I doodled my dear child Marie, because I love her and I am good at drawing cute characters.

Hopefully I draw more when I can.

14 Likes

So, I was bored and decided to draw a disproportional Higanbana on my notebook.

9 Likes

@Aspirety I don’t know if this is something worthy of being used for the bookclub or not but if it is feel free. I’m not entirely sure how that works, so.

I’ve drawn Higanbana.

✩transparent version here
✩tumblr
The link above goes directly to the original submission of the image I have drawn. Please be aware of FULL SERIES SPOILERS for Umineko if you decide to view my other tumblr posts!

Speedpaint is rendering now, will be uploaded and linked to when ready.
Excuse my crap poses, they’re always really lifeless.

Edit: Speedpaint below. Thanks for watching, if you do.

16 Likes

Whoaaa that Higanbana looks amazing Isofrag! Every art posted here is considered a contribution to the Bookclub, so don’t worry about that! You guys are all elligable for the Best Artist prize.

Though, so far all four of you have only drawn Higanbana! (and one Marie) there’s other characters you know! :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Right, but some of us (like me!) still have some catching up to do in regards to the visual novel! I’m sure we’ll get more art out!

2 Likes

Here’s a character that’s not Higanbana

11 Likes

holy shit lmao

4 Likes

While its hard for me to add to discussion in the bookclub; Maybe a good way to contribute is some art. I had to do Higanbana since she’s way too fun to draw (but I feel like somehow this art became a youkai of itself, uploading and taking a picture of it was a nightmare to get through ;; haha

Everyones art is so nice as well!:sparkling_heart:

11 Likes

Your drawings are so lovely! I hope to see more of them!!

2 Likes