The Astrology thread

Is anybody here into astrology? I don’t mean those dull horoscopes that supposedly tell you your fortune, but astrology, you know, the meaning of the signs, planets, houses, aspects… I do consider myself to be into astrology, though like you might or might not have guessed from my previous sentence, I don’t believe in horoscopes. I just like astrology for the point of view it gives on different archetypes and how they all intertwine together, you know, with all the planets and aspects. All these things can point to different aspects of your personality or why you behave the certain way that you do, so I find it an interesting tool to understand yourself better from your placements and current transits. Though I will admit, I’m not an expert at understanding placements and stuff, I only can understand some of them and I interpret astrology a bit differently… I don’t, for example, comprehend a certain sign with the usual traits attributed to it, even though that is where I start from in understanding a sign’s personality. I mostly draw my understanding of astrology from mythology, since you know, they are intertwined and you can trace back some traits attributed to the signs and planets to the Greek and Roman gods. So, I mostly try to apply the gods’ traits and attitudes they’ve shown in different mythological works to their respective signs and planets. The other thing is that my understanding is also empirical, meaning that from my experiences with different people who have different signs, or even looking at the behaviour of, for example, well-known people of certain signs, I draw my conclusions on what I think a sign’s personality is like. So, I interpret the signs in a bit of an unorthodox manner, which will show in this discussion, but I won’t bore you anymore with that…

Anyhow, I am a Sagittarius, are there any other ones here? I think I fit my sign very well, but, you can’t really tell much from just one single placement, you have to look at the whole birth chart to get to know somebody. I have some Scorpio in me too, though, what with my ascendant being Scorpio, so I do feel compulsive at times. My moon is also in Virgo, which makes me very over-analytical and something of a jittery and worrisome person, which is very annoying. It definitely is an odd combination, being a Sagittarius sun, Virgo moon and Scorpio ascendant, but I think it gives you a very analysing, intelligent, able to look at things from many different points of view and calculating mind.

But enough about me, what are everybody else’s placements? What are your favourite placements in your chart and what do you think they say about you?

6 Likes

Ok, I was curious enough to look up my signs in regards to the Sun, Moon, etc. It is a bit overwhelming to read, as I don’t particularly understand the mechanics of Astrology. The report states the following:

Sun: Cancer
Moon: Scorpio
Ascendant: Aries

Of course, there are different signs for each of the planets for every individual but I don’t know if you’d be interested in that.

The report states that my Sun, Cancer, makes me a discreet and calm, yet a very impressionable guy who at the worst of times can be manipulative. My moon, which is Scorpio, states that I am emotionally intense, who seeks these experiences as it fulfills me, whether it’s a situation that has stakes or a genuine connection with friends and lovers. It also states that because of that, I may be weak with sensual pleasures and seek out partners who are sensual/erotic in nature. My Ascendant, Aries, report states that I am overly direct and competitive, who loves to add pressure to themselves and overcome the challenges given to me by others and myself. Though this does prevent me from thinking ahead of situations.

Hope you find this interesting. You can ask me about specifics if you wish

I wanted to get into Astrology but I just dont have enought time for it and I’m lazy. I’m Cancer by the way.
When I went to Europe almost no one knew about those astrological/zodiac signs, but here in Kazakhstan/Russia pretty much everyone knows it, idk why :smiley:

I know I’m an Aries Sun and a Virgo Moon though I don’t know about Ascending.

Honestly, I don’t know enough about astrology to give a rundown on what that means though I’ve always found it a little interesting.

Ha ha, a Cancer, discreet and calm? What website did you look that up on? It is so wrong from what a Cancer usually is like… well, it might work, at least the calm part. Cancer is a water sign and is ruled by the Moon, which rules emotions and whatnot, so Cancers, like every other water sign, experience emotions deeply. Anyhow, Cancers and the 4th house are usually related to home, the past and childhood. So, a Cancer is pretty much somewhat of a homebody, not liking to go out much and prefers indoor activities. Also, like its symbol, the crab, Cancers like hiding in their shell and being rough around the edges, cause they feel vulnerable and insecure inside, and don’t want people to know that, so that’s why they might come off as cold at first, or even manipulative like you said, Pli. But I think they mostly want to be private and to have that privacy of being with themselves inside instead of sharing it with others. But I don’t know that much about the sign of Cancer and my interpretations of the signs are unorthodox, so I’d suggest you go to this website, it’s a very good and thorough one, get your birth chart done there, then click on Free Horoscopes > AstroClick Portrait and it will give you more insight into your birth chart. There are many other options you can choose from there too, to get to understand your birth chart better. You can also go to Free Horoscopes > Extended Chart Selection > Pullen/Astrolog > Chart Type: Simple Chart Delineation by Walter Pullen. I’m curious as to what other placements you have, but more about that later.

Also, @akafa123 and @thesorceress, you two can get started by getting your birth charts done at the website I recommended to Pli. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I know I’m a cancer and my ascendant is saggitarius, which sorta works as far as I know. No idea about my moon sign.

So a cardinal water sign with an ascendant that is a mutable fire sign.
Pretty different.

Oh and just saying that I mostly know of astrology to some extent due to a friend who is really into it, but it’s not something I particularly care about (sorry to be a bummer).

1 Like

That depiction of Cancer is really really accurate :slight_smile:
I did get a chart before I even saved it on pc somewhere

1 Like

Ooh, Sagittarius ascendant with a Cancer Sun, that’s a combination I haven’t seen. From my point of view, it probably means that you are a person who’s private and in touch with your innermost side, yet you have the Sagittarius ability of laying both on the table and being somewhat of a paradox and deftly making it so that your Cancer side, or rather your innermost side is not very much on display. The mutable quality helps too, making you flexible enough to shift unnoticeably between these two.

@akafa123 You can always make a new chart on the website I suggested.

1 Like

I did the chart, so I’m wondering if you want to see the results yourself? I think I rather you tell me your thoughts first hand

Alright, PM me a screenshot.

Probably the best description anyone could give of me in a way, but I suppose that’s not true of myself alone when it really comes down to it.

Sapphire, I suggest you put “that website” in the OP and somewhat easy to spot.

1 Like

… <.<
What are some of the highlights from the first picture? I’ve always enjoyed astrology, but some of the higher level stuff from the first picture (trines or whatever they’re called, interactions between the houses, etc) is deeper than I have ever gotten into it.

Well, who knows? It’s not like I’m an astrologer or anything and I definitely do not know how to read a chart, and I know almost nothing about the aspects like trines and conjuctions. Trines and sextiles are positive aspects though, from what I know, conjuctions can be either good or bad and squares and oppositions are not favourable.

Hmm, your ascendant is Aries, so its ruler, Mars, ought to be important in your chart, I think, though it depends on how aspected it is. You have Uranus in Sagittarius, very cool, probably my favourite placement in your chart together with your Uranus and Neptune in the 9th house. Uranus in Sagittarius means, from my unorthodox point of view at least, that your originality and creativity and intelligence in thoughts is intertwined with a skill to see things from all points of view, both positives and negatives and with that be able to form an eclectic approach to them. About the houses, I don’t know much, but like I said, I really like your Uranus and Neptune in the 9th house, cause it’s one of my favourite houses and two of my favourite planets.

Hmm, some other things I can speak for in your chart are your Sun in the 5th house, which is ruled by Leo and Leo is your Sun sign, so your Sun sign personality is highlighted and elevated even more by that. Mercury in the 4th house means that you most likely have very communicative and favourable relationships with your family members.

Well, that’s all I can say. Also, I may or may not know your age from your chart, but I won’t say anything about that. :wink:

1 Like

Does anybody want to post anything else here or is interested in this topic? I am in the mood for some astrology conversations, yes. Sapphire is quite bored and wants to talk about astrology, you see.

I’d like to take a look at mine, any site recommendations of where I can do it?

@tsukiyoalex I did mine here: https://alabe.com/freechart/default.asp

Also as for my chart, my ascendant is Cancer, Sun is Aries, and Moon is Capricorn ☆

Ah, here, you just needed to scroll up. This is a very good website though, very thorough. Just go to Free Horoscopes > Natal Chart, Ascendant and fill in the information. There are a lot of different options around the website for you to learn the interpretation of your planets, houses and aspects and a customised daily horoscope, if you’re interested in that, too.

@Bernkastelle Ah, an Aries Sun, how cool. I do like Aries, yes, though I don’t know you well enough to comment on how you represent it. But, as for your Capricorn Moon and Cancer Ascendant, you must be sort of a dual person in regards to your emotional self and to the self you present to others. What I mean is, since Cancer and Capricorn are opposite signs, there is sort of a balance or even conflict between them in you, between your emotional self and the self you present to others. Well, I don’t know much about Cancer and Capricorn, especially the latter, so I cannot comment further on that.

1 Like

I’m an Aquarius Sun, Cancer Moon, and Libra Ascendant!

I’ve never really believed that my personality fits the mold of an Aquarius, though I’ve heard that this just might be due to the fact that Aquarius is a very weak sun sign.

Also, a surprising % people who I’ve been really close with have been Libra Sun, Aries Moon combos… hmm…

Just did the chart, my ascendant is Sagittarius, Sun is Leo, and Moon is Pisces.

I’m not sure of what this mean in much detail, but everyone I know says my personality fits a Leo, so i guess some astrological stuff might hold true.

2 Likes

Before both of you start reading these, you should know that my interpretation of astrology is quite unorthodox. Meaning that, the way I interpret astrology is an amalgamation of the different mythological deities’ personalities in mythological works that the planets are named after, some things from the Chinese astrology counterparts of the western signs, the respective tarot cards for each sign and planet and their meaning and from observation of people of certain signs that I know or of public figures. Thus, what I’ll tell you may not match up with what most astrologers, well, all of them really, would tell you. Not that I’m an astrologer though. Anyways, you can read more about this in the OP, now…

@Kennidy Well, Leo is Aquarius’ opposite sign, and is ruled by the Sun, so that’s why you have heard that the Sun in Aquarius does not show. I do not believe that, though, Aquarius shows itself in very original and intricate ways, and very intelligently at that. It’s also very detached and hard to read, as it’s very nimble mentally. About your Cancer Moon, the Moon’s in it’s sign here, so that shows that you’re very in touch with your emotions, albeit private about them, and your Aquarius Sun helps you hold on tight to them, as it is a fixed sign, but also helps you go through them logically. The Libra ascendant makes you a sociable person, not particularly friendly, but rather outgoing and somebody who is very subtle in most things. As for you being friends with many Libra Sun, Aries Moon people, hmm… Well, Uranus, Aquarius and the 11th house are usually associated with friends and social groups, but all those three seem very indidualistic to me, an astrologer would tell you otherwise, but I’m unorthodox about these things. Well, Venus rules relationships, and it is more fitting for that, I think, so where is Venus in your chart? What sign is it in, what house? Also, Venus ought to be important in your chart, being the ruler of your ascendant sign, though it depends on how aspected it is.

@TsukiyoAlex Hmm, I’m not particularly well-versed on Leo, so I can’t tell you much about that, but the Sun, which rules Leo, represents your identity and your ego, that’s why Sun signs are the ones people know most about, and having the Sun in its own sign, escalates your identity and self-confidence even more. As for your Pisces Moon, you are very perceptive, especially emotionally, since the Moon rules emotions, though you may be more private about it, like, about the things you notice about others. With a Sagittarius ascendant, you have both your Sun and your ascendant in fire signs, so fire might be important in your chart, though it depends on many things. Anyways, a Sagittarius ascendant might make you leave an aloof, serious and knowledgeable first impression on others, but while you may seem aloof, you are perceptive about others’ feelings due to your Pisces Moon. As for how your ascendant sign is integrated with Leo, I told you I don’t know much about Leo, so I can’t really say anything. If you want to learn more about the interpretations of your planets, signs, houses and aspects, you can go to the website I gave you, click on Free Horoscopes > AstroClick Portrait, and click on any sign, planet, house or aspect on there, it will give you a short interpretation, though different from the one I gave you, as I’m unorthodox about it.

2 Likes